Cherry - can we renogiate your contract?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Robbo

You wanted to upgrade the contract after two wins and solid performances, in the interest of fairness, whilst you still do great things eg 40-20 and set up Lyons try- you still make basic errors eg missed tackle.

$500k?

Not at that level mate. Release demands anyone??

Yeah, DCE will still be a force, he has shown us that. When the whole team around you play bad, it doesnt give a halve much of a hope.

Plus Foz and dce are a match made in heaven, and his partner in crime was injured.

Lets keep the pitchforks in the shed, it was his first really bad game.

Its no coincidence that the two games he has been off we have been beaten by crap teams. He is worth the money and possibly more than Foran IMHO. Lussick is the joke talking big upgrades and leaving the club. Pfft give me an overweight George Rose any day of the week at least he made decent yards through traffic.

Robbo said:
You wanted to upgrade the contract after two wins and solid performances, in the interest of fairness, whilst you still do great things eg 40-20 and set up Lyons try- you still make basic errors eg missed tackle.

$500k?

Not at that level mate. Release demands anyone??

Your joking right??

DCE was far from the problem last night.
It was a night & day performance from the intensity against the Panthers & the ruck area was dominated by an average looking Titans team.
Sure he missed a tackle on their 6 but most of the night he was 1st up on kick/chase & for mine with Wolf & Lyon in the few who had a real dig.

I urge you to think hard before you bag this kid because by seasons end this thread will look embarrassing & over the next few years where quality 7's are on $600,000- $700,000 & he rates with the best of them the $500,000 is a value signing.

Drawing a very long bow blaming the half when the forwards were pathetic, maybe even gutless in many regards.

Not one was anything above useless and that includes the highly overrated, on these boards, Ballin. It amazes me how his work rate is praised here by those who ridicule Hindmarsh style players.

Pull your head in!!! It's our forward depth that is killing us against sides that step up. Dce can't work his magic behind a second grade forward pack.

Agreed, it's the forwards that are frigging around, lazy slaps where the shoulder should be and passing the ball to someone in a worse position. If I see Kite throw another pass I'm going to damage something. What troubles me is that no-one takes the ball running forward. Those big guys are standing when they take the ball and are easy meat. Anyway, I'll forgive them last night. They, and the crowd looked and sounded stuffed. Why? others have the reasons.

A half only plays as good as his forwards, and our forwards mostly got beaten last night. I thought he played quite well, considering the lack of time his team mates gave him.

I am just being a sook really. It's just that the demand for a release really got under my skin. I know its his manager's tactic but would Watmough's manager have dared tried it?

He appears to be a terrific ambassador for the game and that news bothered me. Every mistake he makes now makes me scrutinise him more.

I think I'll just vent on Lussick

bob dylan said:
Drawing a very long bow blaming the half when the forwards were pathetic, maybe even gutless in many regards.

Not one was anything above useless and that includes the highly overrated, on these boards, Ballin. It amazes me how his work rate is praised here by those who ridicule Hindmarsh style players.

Absolutely correct in regards to DCE and our forwards last night but......I love Ballin and I don't agree he is overated at all. Always puts in and wouldn't want anyone else at hooker.

I know. What a bout a revolving contract negotiation on a weekly basis. Then it could be fair on both club & player. Brilliant.

Yes how dare he expect to be paid more than $85kpa. This thread wouldn't be funny if it was from 1985.

Ummm can't believe you blame him. He had idris running straight at him all first half and missed a few but in attack we rarely gave him the ball, when we did we looked better, much better

bob dylan said:

Just because both have extremely high tackle counts doesnt mean they deserve to be compared with each other for the sake of criticism.

Ballin as hooker/dummy half and his work rate shouldnt be compared to a 2nd rower who in anyones language is a complete plodder in attack. Sure, bumcrack defends all day long, but he doesnt have to do all the other critical things that Ballin has to do.

Misguided comparison for mine.

MK Eagle said:
I urge you to think hard before you bag this kid because by seasons end this thread will look embarrassing & over the next few years where quality 7's are on $600,000- $700,000 & he rates with the best of them the $500,000 is a value signing.

Won't he then just ask for an upgrade?

Ballin overrated. He is in the top 5 hookers in the game. In no particular order.
Smith, Ennis, Ballin, Buderus and reluctantly Farrah.

He is no Smith, but I haven't seen a hooker as good as him in a long time, he would be close to the best I have seen in fact.

You would have to put Buderus in front of him just on past quality and still shows glimpses.

Farrah is overrated in my opinion.

Ennis is a different style but still good.

I'd say that Ballin is ahead of both Ennis and Farrah.
He is actually extremely underrated in my opinion and a damn good human being too

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2