Cheating the cap!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Things will swing around now that Manly are finally starting to get things in order off the field and on the field at the "same time". Usually for Manly success on the field means Manly are bleeding off it or becoming too comfortable in their success on the field that off the field we stagnate and look like a 90's semi professional club.

Success doesn't come from complaining about what others get away with, it starts by laying the foundations down so we have the resources, funds and opportunities to do the same thing better OR our own way.

It’s so sad a team over the salary can cost the raiders a grand final !!!

Roosters have to be caught

Whilst ever the current management team , board , and influencers like Politis are about nothing will ever change.

As much as I hope to see us competing for a Premiership in the next two years it’s hard to see the Rorters not going back to back to back to back.

If they can keep buying the best and a reserves list like no other club has I can’t see it changing .

Doesn’t mean they can’t be beaten, just means it’s going to be harder and harder to do so.

As much as I hope to see us competing for a Premiership in the next two years it’s hard to see the Rorters not going back to back to back to back.

If they can keep buying the best and a reserves list like no other club has I can’t see it changing .

Doesn’t mean they can’t be beaten, just means it’s going to be harder and harder to do so.
Not so sure about back to back to back when they won't have Cronk next year and he's been a big part of their success in the last 2 years. Yes they've bought Flanagan but he's nowhere near Cronk's level and I can't see the Rorters getting 3 in a row without him.

Not proof but it does raise an eyebrow...:wondering: worth some scrutiny though

Thanks for that Ella.
That's the grab I was referring to in another thread but I posted a link to the whole show.

If the NRL are still applying the same valuations they were applying when they rejected our attempt to sign Gift before he was forced to go to Souffs, then there can't be any possible way they're under.

9.6 million divided by 30 = $320,000. The minimum is $105,000. I just can't see how it's even remotely possible when you've got Tedesco, Mitchell, Keary, Cronk, Cordner and JWH in the same team.

We had a great team in that won in 2008 and 2011. But the players took unders to make it happen.

Let's hope the Raiders beat the Rorters on the weekend.

Last edited:
Thanks for that Ella.
That's the grab I was referring to in another thread but I posted a link to the whole show.

If the NRL are still applying the same valuations they were applying when the rejected our attempt to sign Gift before he was forced to go to Souffs, then there can't be any possible way they're under.

9.6 million divided by 30 = $320,000. The minimum is $105,000. I just can't see how it's even remotely possible when you've got Tedesco, Mitchell, Keary, Cronk, Cordner and JWH in the same team.

We had a great team in that won in 2008 and 2011. But the players took unders to make it happen.

Let's hope the Raiders beat the Rorters on the weekend.
Not to mention Crichton who went over on $700k

Not so sure about back to back to back when they won't have Cronk next year and he's been a big part of their success in the last 2 years. Yes they've bought Flanagan but he's nowhere near Cronk's level and I can't see the Rorters getting 3 in a row without him.
No cronk and an injury prone keary should see em brought down a notch next year.

No cronk and an injury prone keary should see em brought down a notch next year.

Let’s wait and see what their team is for next year first , I’m sure Uncle Nick has another 5 million to blow on pinching the games next best player.

the reality of problem is they replace a bluechip with another. lose RTS sign teddy, let go of pearce get cronk, lose maloney get keary, lose fergo sign brett morris. this is reason there needs to be a draft. souths is similar james roberts homesick lands there when GI retires.

Things will swing around now that Manly are finally starting to get things in order off the field and on the field at the "same time". Usually for Manly success on the field means Manly are bleeding off it or becoming too comfortable in their success on the field that off the field we stagnate and look like a 90's semi professional club.

Success doesn't come from complaining about what others get away with, it starts by laying the foundations down so we have the resources, funds and opportunities to do the same thing better OR our own way.

Sure. But that's the clubs role, as a fan I will make noise about Roosters being dodgy whenever it suits.

Sure. But that's the clubs role, as a fan I will make noise about Roosters being dodgy whenever it suits.
Every fan can point at other clubs for being dodgy in relation to the cap, sometimes weak rosters can be over the cap big time when you have to pay overs to entice a few players.

2006-2010 the salary cap was laughable and basically non existent for more than just one club "imho" and it is still the same today.

the reality of problem is they replace a bluechip with another. lose RTS sign teddy, let go of pearce get cronk, lose maloney get keary, lose fergo sign brett morris. this is reason there needs to be a draft. souths is similar james roberts homesick lands there when GI retires.

And let’s not forget Ryan Hall arguably the best winger for England for years ( who sadly for him copped an ACL in between signing and arriving down under).

They just keep em coming and coming and that can’t be because it’s such a great club it has to be because of the $$$$$.

I get the “ players will take less to stay with a club possibly headed to a Premiership” but they don’t change clubs unless $$$$$ are involved.

Whilst ever the current management team , board , and influencers like Politis are about nothing will ever change.

You normally need a gun half or very good half to win a comp . Next year they might have a good half .

And let’s not forget Ryan Hall arguably the best winger for England for years ( who sadly for him copped an ACL in between signing and arriving down under).

They just keep em coming and coming and that can’t be because it’s such a great club it has to be because of the $$$$$.

I get the “ players will take less to stay with a club possibly headed to a Premiership” but they don’t change clubs unless $$$$$ are involved.
Hall thats right. Fmd there really rorting. Kyle flanagan headed there good player no where near finished product.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4