Charity Cricket Match / Fri 20th

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

manlyforever08

Reserve Grader
Haven't seen anything posted about this!

390967_10150588981995993_222674735992_11325980_810062015_n.jpg

Last year was its first year and was against Wests Tigers. Was a fantastic afternoon to see the boys and raise money for the QLD Floods.

So next Friday, 20th January - get to Manly Oval. I'm traveling from an hour away. Great opportunity to see the boys in the middle of Summer!

Is it league players only or can we get Slats as a ring in?

The captain for the match (g rose) is on tweet looking for captaincy advice lol

The club should run a members only raffle for the chance to play in this game. Good way of raising a bit of extra cash and a good marketing ploy. I'd buy a tciket or two for the chance to bowl a bit of chin music to the Sharks players. I know there are quite a few cricket fanatics that post here.

Or maybe next year we propose that the Silvertails 1st XI takes on the Sea Eagles.

Sea Eagles

Matt Ballin (c)
Kieran Foran
Jamie Buhrer
Tim Robinson
Brent Kite
Daniel Harrison
Liam Foran
Gary Riccardi
Junior Palau
Liam Higgins
Matt Cross (Retired Sea Eagle from last years Twenty 20 game)
George Rose (Assistant commentator)

Sharks

Paul Gallen (c)
Todd Carney
Wade Graham
Stewart Mills
Ben Pomeroy
Jeff Robson
Nathan Stapleton
Chad Townsend
John Williams
Matt Wright

MANLY have torn open old wounds with the Wests Tigers by brushing them from a charity Twenty20 match next week.

Things turned ugly when the NRL sides met at Manly Oval last year in what was supposed to be a hit-and-giggle to raise funds for the Queensland floods.

But the Tigers were far from impressed when the Sea Eagles adopted a win-at-all-costs mentality, even introducing NSW batsman Tim Cruickshank to blast the Tigers bowlers all over the park. Tension was already brewing from a couple of on-field blow-ups the previous year.

Rather than accept an invitation from the Tigers for a re-match at Drummoyne Oval, the Sea Eagles have now invited Cronulla for a game at Manly Oval next Friday.

While the snub has not gone down well in Tiger Town, Sea Eagles officials assured us it was not personal.

"This year is about the battle of the beaches.

"We also wanted to raise awareness about the trial with the Sharks for February 3," they told us.

The Tigers meet Manly in round two this year. Ding ding.

The Tigers are probably still pissed about the extreme heckling Farah was getting from the crowd.

We were only suggesting he "Dive" for the ball when fielding :D :D

NSW player Cruikshank was a manly grade player at teh time and they had NSW keeper Smith playing for them, 1 ring in each but typical tigpies having a whinge.

Fluffy said:
NSW player Cruikshank was a manly grade player at teh time and they had NSW keeper Smith playing for them, 1 ring in each but typical tigpies having a whinge.

Can't blame the tigers for being pissed being lumbered with that hack lol

Thought I'd move this to the top of the list just to remind everyone it's on tomorrow. As per above it should be a fun afternoon.

Reminder Manly oval is alcohol free - you will need to travel all the way to the bowling club if you wish to grab a drink.

In other words climb over the 2 foot high brick wall that seperates the 2

was a great afternoon! shame about the result but was great to catch up with friends and see players - in the middle of Summer!!

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2