Channel Nine NRL Ratings Plummet

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
I agree that ch 9 are pretty useless.

I've got nothing personal against Ray Warren, I think he's done an excellent job throughout his career, but it's kinda obvious he is due for a nice retirement, or at least not having to commentate in real time - he can't keep up.

Q: How do you confuse Ray Warren with player names?
A: Have a team with more than one Polynesian player in it.
Ray Warren once said he didn't want to be like Rex Mossop and stay too long and embarrass himself. That ship sailed around 8 years ago in my view. The problem with the nine coverage is simply the combination of an over the hill caller, stupid overacted banter and relentless ads with cross promotions. None of those issue will be fixed by the current nine management.

It's the cross-promotion stuff that was final nail. To hear these guys talking about bloody 'House Husbands' is demeaning and disgraceful but worst and most embarrassing of all is the vigour with which Rabs the consumate endorsement King applied himself.

I know it's everywhere and on all platforms now but that kind of fake enthusiasm really irks me.

Agreed.

When it is done'here'during the hockey it goes like this:

Picture advertising the show appears on the bottom of the tv screen (eg Murdoch mysteries)

Commentator says: And don't forget Murdoch Mysteries on Tuesday night at 9pm.

Then they go back to the game without trying to talk for 10 mins about it pretending they watch the show and like it, and make incredibly unfunny jokes with each other.

Johns and Fittler should go head to head on Who Wants to be A Millionaire and Sportsbet should bet on the outcome.

BTW, as a grumpy old man, I would burn in hell (or become sexually involved with Pauline Hanson) before I would give Murdoch one stinking cent!

I agree to the extent that until Rupert is 6 feet under I will have to make do with the nrl app (and 9 commentary) on the phone, tablet or laptop (stream stops if I plug in the HDMI cable so no tv).

If it comes down to it though, I would sooner give Murdoch my inconsequential and largely symbolic monthly subscription before I would go anywhere near Pauline!

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
9 7 2 72 16
8 7 1 56 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 4 5 19 10