Channel 9

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
SBW won't be back in league next year unless a club compensates the Bulldogs for last year of the contract he deserted. Highly unlikely with having to pay his wages on top of that. Also the money he get's in union in Europe is more than double what a NRL team could offer. His last contract i'm pretty sure was over a million a year in France

I've played more Union than I have League and while I believe League is better to watch I enjoy Union and certainly don't hold the resentment towards Union that a lot of League fans do. However, I could not believe my eyes when 9 trotted out $BW at halftime. Not so much that they were giving Union airtime during SOO (which doesn't bother me personally, but strange given the games are in direct competition), but to use a bloke that turned his back on the game, his club and his mates by skulking away in the middle of the night. An act that goes against the very fabric of Rugby League.

To change tact slightly though, I find it interesting that Andrew Voss and the like, who in the past have taken any and every opportunity to have a crack at Union, have been deafeningly quite on the subject since 9 got the Union rights. The only exception is MG, who on Triple M, came out and said "Even though 9 are an employer of mine, I thought the decision to interview Sonny Bill at halftime was p*** poor!" Good old MG, says it like it is.

As far as Gallop contacting 9, I read somewhere that as soon as they seen SBW on TV, Gallop rang David Gyngell and Paul Kind (NRL Marketing Manager) rang Steve Crawley (9 Head of Sport) for a please explain. Apparently Gallop said 'Gyng' certainly knows how we feel about using Sonny Bill. The article later stated that Gyngell had said something along the lines of we've got the Union rights and we'll promote it however we like. Sound like he took a lot of notice of you Dave!

ALinda said:
anthonyb1965 said:
The Eagle said:
Does anyone actually like pre game singing by ****house bands?

Been bad for all SOO!!! Hopefully we have a great act for the GF!!!

I believe it's going to be Meatloaf, which does absolutely nothing for me.

And i would watch anything for the gf,but i wont watch that fat ****

The Eagle said:
ALinda said:
anthonyb1965 said:
The Eagle said:

And i would watch anything for the gf,but i wont watch that fat f**k

Yeeaahh, I think I'll give Meatloaf a miss.

The Living End & You Am I were two good openers in recent memory.

King said:
Agreed. SBW turned his back on the game. I thought it was a disgrace on channel 9's behalf.

Totaly agree and he also plays union what does that have to do with a league origin match. It is also an insult to other league identities that were not considered .

I like Meatloaf. That said, the music at league games is often boring and not at all what I would usually listen to.

The Eagle said:
ALinda said:
anthonyb1965 said:
The Eagle said:

And i would watch anything for the gf,but i wont watch that fat f**k

He'll do anything for love but he won't do that

For Crying out loud - Meatloaf - (He'll do anything for love but he won't do that) Well eagle2win, you took the words right out of my mouth. This is bad guys - Bad for good.
Surfs up - so I'm outta here.

:p

So have about 66% of the GF acts been ok? Cause two out of three ain't bad.

Jerry1 said:
For Crying out loud - Meatloaf - (He'll do anything for love but he won't do that) Well eagle2win, you took the words right out of my mouth. This is bad guys - Bad for good.

Like a bat outta hell?

Wolfpack said:
Yeeaahh, I think I'll give Meatloaf a miss.

The Living End & You Am I were two good openers in recent memory.

Oh well, I guess 2 out of 3 aint bad.

Dancing zorba said:
I'm pretty sure Sonny Bill played NSW juniors? Dog!

Yes he has. And I'm also certain in an interview he did once on the footy show he said he would love to play for the Blues if given a chance in origin. If I was an All Black supporter I'd be worried that he might end up playing for the Poms at the RWC.

Unfortunately Ch9 have the rights for RWC which means expect plenty of promotions for it during the League coverage for the rest of the year. In a way its a backhanded compliment to league, they want people to watch it obviously and showing it to a league audience gives it a wide viewing. I don't think its good for the league, but not sure people should get too upset about it. I don't want anyone supporting Manly who did so because they saw it mentioned in a crossover on a TV show!

Jerry1 said:

Didn't he get cooked and eaten in the Rocky Horror picture Show-maybe we should have left it at that!
Also involved in the world's biggest (and worst) barBQ!

mosto said:
I've played more Union than I have League and while I believe League is better to watch I enjoy Union and certainly don't hold the resentment towards Union that a lot of League fans do. However, I could not believe my eyes when 9 trotted out $BW at halftime. Not so much that they were giving Union airtime during SOO (which doesn't bother me personally, but strange given the games are in direct competition), but to use a bloke that turned his back on the game, his club and his mates by skulking away in the middle of the night. An act that goes against the very fabric of Rugby League.

To change tact slightly though, I find it interesting that Andrew Voss and the like, who in the past have taken any and every opportunity to have a crack at Union, have been deafeningly quite on the subject since 9 got the Union rights. The only exception is MG, who on Triple M, came out and said "Even though 9 are an employer of mine, I thought the decision to interview Sonny Bill at halftime was p*** poor!" Good old MG, says it like it is.
So I wasn't the only one who was offended....how interesting. Thanks for that Mosto - well said.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6