1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Challenge to all fans

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by doc, Sep 8, 2014.

1. doc

doc Active Member

Ratings:
    +126 /7
    What we know -

We're sick of the media.
    We're sick of the false rumours.

We follow the famous maroon and whites.
    Champion players, amazing modern day success, massive fan base.

It's time we rise above the crap and get back to doing what we do best - proudly supporting that jersey.

Instead of being consumed by the negativity, let's be consumed by the lucky break we all got when we became Manly Fans. Let's be consumed by the chance of a premiership for Kingy, Gifty, the current team and the fans - wouldn't that be the sweetest revenge of all.

My challenge - don't make another comment on what the media says for the next four weeks. Instead, talk about the actual game, buy the tickets, get out to the ground and cheer louder than you've ever cheered before!!

• Like Like x 6
    • the mauler

the mauler Well-Known Member Premium Member 2017 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
      +1,868 /30
      I'm not sure if there false rumours tbh...:(

• niccipops

niccipops un echidna spillo mia bevanda Premium Member 2017 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
      +5,998 /53
      Good post @doc
      There's lots of negativity surrounding this team about to go into their tenth final series in a row.

If I ran the club. I'd go out of my way to fire up the fans. We need to unite. One of Donny's speeches would be good.

• SeaEagleRock8

SeaEagleRock8 Sea Eagle Lach Staff Member Premium Member 2017 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
      +9,181 /180
      Where?

• globaleagle

globaleagle Deux bourbons s'il vous plait Staff Member Premium Member 2017 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
      +11,302 /94
      The ankle area.

• dowdz

dowdz Well-Known Member Premium Member 2017 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
      +980 /9
      In holding the ball. Lol

• niccipops

niccipops un echidna spillo mia bevanda Premium Member 2017 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
      +5,998 /53
      Well, there's the bunnies, rorters, panthers, cowgirls, dogs, storm and broncos. They're all quite yuck so they're negatives.

Then there's the crazy fans bagging club legends and the team that just finished equal first - very negative.

Go Manly!

• Jethro

Jethro This space is for rent Staff Member Premium Member 2017 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
      +2,112 /11
      [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
      • Snake

Snake Doing The Eagle Rock!

Ratings:
        +3,892 /206
        Good post!

At the end of the day, following the Sea Eagles is about enjoying 80 minutes of football entertainment each week, and hopefully getting the win!

Buying into a soap opera out of our control is certainly not the premise for supporting a team. Sure, we could all do without the crap, but I implore you to not let it detract from the overall point of following the club in the first place.

• EagleFromMay1967

EagleFromMay1967 Sky Punching : send them High as the Clouds

Ratings:
        +1,324 /44
        Yes we need to take a step back. We are guilty of letting the tabloid / murdoch news empire run our club and he has us focussing entirely on the all the negative minutiae about our players.

STOP IT NOW.

Lets give that thread 'tactics to beat the rabbits' a bump.

• Dan

Dan Kim Jong Dan Staff Member Administrator 2017 Tipping Competitor 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
        +7,046 /106
        I moved to amsterdam to get away from the negative NRL media

• simon64

simon64 Well-Known Member Premium Member

Ratings:
        +2,290 /29
        ....but fortunately for you Dan, you have plenty here who will keep you right up to date with all the media beat ups. You really are a lucky man.

• Manly To Win!

Manly To Win! Well-Known Member 2017 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
        +187 /2
        Could not agree more.

• COMMANDER

COMMANDER IF YOU DO NOT TRY YOU CAN NOT FAIL

Ratings:
        +2,201 /108
        Our club feeds and thrives on this stuff, it fuels us.