Chalk and Cheese

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Don't be a member then. You can still watch the team play.

You don't want our team to be successful on and OFF the field as well?

And let's not forget it's 2016, not 1976, like it or not the world has changed.

Successful sporting teams heavily engage with modern day fans, our team are failing big time with this!

I'm struggling with the choice of the silent treatment we get or a deluge of crap and spin via all forms of media. Looks like the chocolate soldiers are hitting in about the middle just like their ladder position.

Yes, it's better to go on social media and bitch about what you don't like about the club. Maybe I just don't need all that crap to support the team. Why don't you start supporting the panthers if you love their "social" media so much.
Terry the big picture is that Manly must look after the fans that are coming through and the ones who are not fans yet to be prosperous into the future. yes we are all fans now and that is great. But without the regeneration of fans over the generations the supporter base wil die. young people today live and die on the internet and if you need to reach them you need to be active in a digital way, even Trump understands this, so its fine that you dont care for it however it is the only way to be accesable to young people and will be more so over the next five years.
If we are winning on the field that will be great but if wenare not kicking goals off the field by attracting the next generation of fans then we as a club have failed.

Yes, it's better to go on social media and bitch about what you don't like about the club. Maybe I just don't need all that crap to support the team. Why don't you start supporting the panthers if you love their "social" media so much.

TR, I am with you in the fact I don't need all the fuzzy extras .... (in fact never been on the sea eagles website) but the fact is that in 2016 a polished, professional social media presence is not only a basic requirement of a first class operation, it is imperative.

The real gripe I think people have, is the lack of effective communication is symptomatic of other issues at the club.

PS (on recruitment, I can see and support the position of tell the punters nothing until the deal is done)

TR, I am with you in the fact I don't need all the fuzzy extras .... (in fact never been on the sea eagles website) but the fact is that in 2016 a polished, professional social media presence is not only a basic requirement of a first class operation, it is imperative.

The real gripe I think people have, is the lack of effective communication is symptomatic of other issues at the club.

PS (on recruitment, I can see and support the position of tell the punters nothing until the deal is done)

Spot on Woodsie.

What flew in 1975 not longer applies. And believe me, I am a member of the " good old days" club too.

But expecting to not have frequent communication through social media these days is head up butt stuff. What business doesn't have Facebook and all those other things my daughters love and I know nothing about.

It's just the way of the world now. I'm over 50 but the club's future doesn't lie with fans my age. It's with Turbo and the hat backwards brigade.

I'm fine thanks for the offer though. Its actually all you social media cry babies who sound like you really want a cuddle from Zorba.

Who said anything about a cuddle from Zorba. Methinks you have secret desires there Terry. A snuggle with the Lard de da strikes your fancy, then?

Spot on Woodsie.

What flew in 1975 not longer applies. And believe me, I am a member of the " good old days" club too.

But expecting to not have frequent communication through social media these days is head up butt stuff. What business doesn't have Facebook and all those other things my daughters love and I know nothing about.

It's just the way of the world now. I'm over 50 but the club's future doesn't lie with fans my age. It's with Turbo and the hat backwards brigade.

I have read several articles stating that the fastest and largest growing demographic of both playing and supporting RL is young females. (don't know if the demise of the u/20's will affect this)

And as you know, if your daughter is in the next room and you want her to come out for her dinner ... your best chance is to post her a message on fb.

How any club today isn't both social media savvy and active is alarming.

Penrith supporters even support their own leagues club by going there in droves thus making profit and money to re-invest

Because people want to feel plugged in, and be getting value for their money TR. I know this may sound completely oblique to you, but some fans want different things than you do, out of their hobby.

Back when there was no Internet, the club itself was much more approachable, the players were approachable, and it was a predominantly a demographically based game (i.e. players came from the area & things). It was about passion and pride in the jersey and the area. Believe it or not, players actually had to work outside of playing the game !!

Things have changed. It's strictly a business now. And as businesses go, goodwill is extremely important. If there is no goodwill, you can't complain about low memberships, poor attendances & unhappy customers. That then leads to lack of funds, rellocation & all that other ugly stuff - and guess what - it's happening.

I've never seen the club have so many fans leaving the game. End of the day, Manly's media management is deplorable. Their social media is sub par. If & when a team is winning, that's not so crucial. When a team is lacking in performance (both on and off the park), there is allegations of match fixing surrounding the club, there is talk of disharmony in the playing group (Stewart / DCE), there are unknown quantities in Matai / Stewart & others, club legends have or are retiring, staff are getting sacked, social media is paramount to drive enthusiasm and positivity.

I'm actually quite surprised you don't get that, BUT, I can't be a hypocrite & tell you everyone wants different things out of their hobbies, then criticise you for your opinion on it, so I'll finish by saying each to their own, but I feel the opinions of the majority here has a whole lot of merit.

And guess what - I bet they STILL love to see the team winning, sitting on the hill & enjoying a cold pie and warm beer. The fact that they can clearly see our club lingering behind all the others on Social Media doesn't change that.

Well said @Ryan.

And I think a part in this article (I have cut out), really highlights how important fan engagement is.
If this happened today, there is no way they would have been Manly supporters, because they would have received nothing from the franchise.

From The Canberra Times
November 15 2016 - 6:45PM
The Queanbeyan factory that produced NSW Nationals leader John Barilaro
By Kimberley Le Lievre

.............Tony recalled the times they spent together growing up, from weekends helping out at the business, to Christmas holidays down the coast and barracking for their favourite football team, the Manly Warringah Sea Eagles.

The brothers chose the Sea Eagles as young boys after the pair wrote letters to clubs asking for player photos, and the Manly Warringah team were the only ones to respond........................

http://www.canberratimes.com.au/act...duced-a-nationals-leader-20161115-gsq0qu.html

**** how did us supporters survive in the days before the Internet and the need to have our feelings constantly stroked by touchy feely "communications" from the club? I'm surprised any of us even hung around. Call me a grumpy old man, but the Internet has just turned us into a bunch of whingey, whiney cry babies who need constant and instantaneous gratification or we are going to..........whinge and whine some more. **** me, I couldn't give a flying **** what or how the club "communicates" with me. Just win bloody football games. That's it. Used to be all we asked of the club was a winning football team and the chance to stand on the hill on a Sunday arvo and cheer them on. Now we get our panties in a twist if we don't get a weekly email saying nice things. God spare me.
So let me get this straight...you don't want to see the Hill turned into a grandstand?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8