• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Kiwi Eagle link said:
We have something concrete to appraise him on next week, according to the club email a very revised membership structure will be released next week
The new membership structures need to come out first and then he can be appraised by the uptake or sign up rate.

Ryan link said:
[quote author=SeaEagleRock8 link=topic=184981.msg289224#msg289224 date=1283252335]
We've heard bugger all from you know who, so he has achieved something vital.

Seriously, that should be the sole basis of hiring a CEO, regardless of what company it is? With all due respect, I don't think so mate.

Hopefully we win this weekend and reach the finals, because a report card of:-

+ Potentially missing the finals for the first time in years;
+ Losing major sponsor (plus some lower tier sponsors);
+ NYC maybe missing the finals for the first time in years;
+ Players the club wants to keep, leaving (different to the past);
+ I worry about membership numbers for next year;
+ More talk about moving elsewhere (permanently AND ad-hock);
+ No Brookie improvement on the radar;

is not so attractive for a 1st year CEO.

And to Vidmar. It's all about awareness is the reason Jerry1 & WAMF raise their issues. To sanitise their concerns because of your opinion, rather than showing empathy to a customer with their very OWN opinion that may vary to yours, is very elitist.

I mean this with the utmost respect, because I like you, and always love your contribution, theories, positive outlook & demeanour, but since you have become part of the decision making, your posts have vastly changed, and your posts have become somewhat preachy (almost in a looking down type manner). Hopefully that doesn't offend, but that's just the way it feels at times (to me anyways).

Everybody knows my thoughts on the subject, because I raised these issues (or suggested they may happen) prior to his acquisition. At a time the club needed innovation, energy, effort, pro-activity, sales ability, we ended up taking a so called "people person" to sought out back office dramas....and that's not a healthy decision. Surely someone could have been selected that had ALL of those traits.

I'm yet to see any other Manly CEO in history have such negative feedback. Surely, as someone who had input into the decision to hire him, you have a small aspect od concern with that.

Additionally, these people are not whingeing about the ceo. They are just wanting something better for Manly, which tells me they are great fans, with Manly's heart the concern.
[/quote]

NYC will make the finals

Wolfpack link said:
2/3 years of making the finals in NYC isn't bad. Doesn't have much to do with Lowe though.
This I agree with. Bit of a mute point but all the other points Ryan raised are very valid.

I'm amused when people suggest all will be solved by having a chat or sending an email to the man.  What, so you can be bored to the point of tears by more bla bla bla and spin like in Lowie's (how 70's to put ee on the end of one's name) vibe?

Manly To Win! link said:
I think the thing that annoys me the most is that they STILL have that huge 2009 team poster on the top wall of the Leagues Club. How lazy is that?
The Football Club & Leagues Club are 2 seperate entities aren't they?

I dunno what you guys do for a living but I'm self-employed with a staff of 1. I wouldn't have a clue what CEOs do as part of their 40-60 hours per week, let alone a CEO of a football club!

You guys, or so it seems, know exactly the role of our CEO; it's like the Board Executive showed YOU his List of Duties. Like.... as if!

There are heaps more better-minded ppl than me around so I guess that I should be blessed that so many of our supporters know how & what it takes to be a CEO.

Personally, I don't think that there are many.

Sure, everyone has their opinions but boy, this one is becoming ultra boring!
However, if you guys keep writing, then I guess that I'll keep reading!

lismore_fan link said:
I dunno what you guys do for a living but I'm self-employed with a staff of 1. I wouldn't have a clue what CEOs do as part of their 40-60 hours per week, let alone a CEO of a football club!

You guys, or so it seems, know exactly the role of our CEO; it's like the Board Executive showed YOU his List of Duties. Like.... as if!

There are heaps more better-minded ppl than me around so I guess that I should be blessed that so many of our supporters know how & what it takes to be a CEO.

I deal with multiple CEO's of small to medium, and sometimes large enterprise every single day, and frankly, over the past 14 years in institutional banking, it gives me an insight into what makes a successful CEO, and what makes, to put it nicely, a passenger.

In ANY business model, one has to harness and embrace goodwill. I don't know about you, but the plethora of "customers" venting their frustration on the various outlets provided ALA Silvertails, League Unlimited and co, there appears to definitely be an unrest (or at least a disconnect) amongst the fan base & the current management of this club.

An energetic, charismatic, enthusiastic, pro-active CEO of any organisation can swiftly turn the whole environment, both tangibly in the financials, and intangibly due to the general vibe, into a place that sponsors, fans and investors want to be part of, come hell or high water.

I don't care what Graham Lowe's duties are. Perception is EVERYTHING in a sporting organisation. If The Sea Eagles brand is an unnatractive machine to be associated with (according to peoples opinion - not just mine), then the club will cease to exist.

And there it is. Without the fans, this club would be nothing. In my opinion, current management have forgotten this. Their roles appear to be more about self retention, self dignification, conflict mediation and the like. They have their priorities completely wrong. It should be about producing compelling reasons to buy (or be associated with), improving customer satisfaction, becoming a market leader, and being innovative, and I see none of that @ present.

Being secretive in the media, and keeping everything behind closed doors solely isn't the answer to this imo (remembering, this is an entertainment vehicle only).

I'm sorry, but that's just the way I see it. Again, you all need to remember and understand, this business should be run as a "for the people", "for entertainment", "for go out and tell your friends we want them as part of our family" type of thing. That's what any form of entertainment is.

It's not about keeping two disputing owners out of the limelight. The fact that Lowe's key role is about this, shows the horrid lack of mis-direction we are in at the moment.

We should all be debating the issue of how two major sponsors are currently arguing over who wants first dibs on us. We should be debating which players on the market we should take, as they are falling over themselves to play here. We should be debating situations of where we have to physically stand AT BROOKVALE OVAL on match day, because the place is so bursting at the seams etc etc etc.

Nope, the jobs just not getting done, or priorities right now are just basically a bust.

NB: None of that is whingeing. It is all about want for a better Manly, that will last/survive going forward....and that's basically, what we ALL want. Surely you agree with that guys?

And that goes for WHOEVER is CEO. 

Ryan link said:
[quote author=lismore_fan link=topic=184981.msg289797#msg289797 date=1283410342]

I deal with multiple CEO's of small to medium, and sometimes large enterprise every single day, and frankly, over the past 14 years in institutional banking, it gives me an insight into what makes a successful CEO, and what makes, to put it nicely, a passenger.

In ANY business model, one has to harness and embrace goodwill. I don't know about you, but the plethora of "customers" venting their frustration on the various outlets provided ALA Silvertails, League Unlimited and co, there appears to definitely be an unrest (or at least a disconnect) amongst the fan base & the current management of this club.

An energetic, charismatic, enthusiastic, pro-active CEO of any organisation can swiftly turn the whole environment, both tangibly in the financials, and intangibly due to the general vibe, into a place that sponsors, fans and investors want to be part of, come hell or high water.

I don't care what Graham Lowe's duties are. Perception is EVERYTHING in a sporting organisation. If The Sea Eagles brand is an unnatractive machine to be associated with (according to peoples opinion - not just mine), then the club will cease to exist.

And there it is. Without the fans, this club would be nothing. In my opinion, current management have forgotten this. Their roles appear to be more about self retention, self dignification, conflict mediation and the like. They have their priorities completely wrong. It should be about producing compelling reasons to buy (or be associated with), improving customer satisfaction, becoming a market leader, and being innovative, and I see none of that @ present.

Being secretive in the media, and keeping everything behind closed doors solely isn't the answer to this imo (remembering, this is an entertainment vehicle only).

I'm sorry, but that's just the way I see it. Again, you all need to remember and understand, this business should be run as a "for the people", "for entertainment", "for go out and tell your friends we want them as part of our family" type of thing. That's what any form of entertainment is.

It's not about keeping two disputing owners out of the limelight. The fact that Lowe's key role is about this, shows the horrid lack of mis-direction we are in at the moment.

We should all be debating the issue of how two major sponsors are currently arguing over who wants first dibs on us. We should be debating which players on the market we should take, as they are falling over themselves to play here. We should be debating situations of where we have to physically stand AT BROOKVALE OVAL on match day, because the place is so bursting at the seams etc etc etc.

Nope, the jobs just not getting done, or priorities right now are just basically a bust.

NB: None of that is whingeing. It is all about want for a better Manly, that will last/survive going forward....and that's basically, what we ALL want. Surely you agree with that guys?

And that goes for WHOEVER is CEO. 
[/quote]

Well said Ryan .

It's all about inclusiveness for mine , something that just isn't there anymore .

Along with WAMFs post re memberships,and Ryan talking about being secretive,if the new membership packages for next year are ready,why wait until Monday to release them?Why not have them online now so we can peruse them over the next few days?Out of the loop again!! (disclaimer-they weren't in the m'ship section earlier 2day,and may have come up since).

ayjay007 link said:
Along with WAMFs post re memberships,and Ryan talking about being secretive,if the new membership packages for next year are ready,why wait until Monday to release them?Why not have them online now so we can peruse them over the next few days?Out of the loop again!! (disclaimer-they weren't in the m'ship section earlier 2day,and may have come up since).

They might be ready but the comms for the release might still being finalised. 

Garts link said:
Ryan you have nfi.  Driving a taxi is all the experience required to be a CEO.

Fair as Nutz ;).
At any rate, regardless of all the back end stuff, there is certainly exciting times ahead, with the likes of Wolfie, B Stewart, Whare, Buhrer, Hoppa, Cunningham, Young, Lussick, Palau and co. coming through next year.

Competition for spots will be strong.  

It comes and goes. Inspirational at present. Get in the ear of some board members ryan.

SeaEagleRock8 link said:
It comes and goes. Inspirational at present. Get in the ear of some board members ryan.

They wouldn't give me the time of day mate.

Ryan link said:
[quote author=SeaEagleRock8 link=topic=184981.msg289856#msg289856 date=1283422011]

[/quote]  There are none as deaf as those that will not hear.

Matabele link said:
[quote author=Ryan link=topic=184981.msg289863#msg289863 date=1283422299]
[quote author=SeaEagleRock8 link=topic=184981.msg289856#msg289856 date=1283422011]

[/quote]  There are none as deaf as those that will not hear.
[/quote]

Exactly - and you have seen/witnessed first hand what happens when submissions / ideas / value adds are provided.

vidmar link said:
Some valid points guys but re-hashing them time and again on here may help you vent but what is it going to achieve apart from another round of for and against CEO posts.

No problems with us having a difference in opinion and I know that most of you posting are members of both the Sea Eagles and Football Club and have the best interests of the club at heart.

Go to the source - email him or call him for a chat with your concerns?

I saw the copy of an email Ryan sent a while ago and don't know if he sent it or got a response (I did comment that some of the items may not be things that he would perhaps go public with) - Ryan?

Some of you have attended functions where he has been - have you approached him and spoken to him?

The odd few times that I have been in contact with him and have raised concerns he's been happy to chat and explain - I may not always agree with him nor him with me but at least he will listen.

Give it a try?

Re members tickets there is generally an option to purchase 10 or 12 games to cover the 2 home games that are moved

Re Brookie - Council (The owners) of course moves slowly on things like this but the community consultation (as was advertised previously on this forum) is being held this evening and the Sea Eagles will have around 30 people involved including Management, board members, former players and long term supporters who are well versed in the process and comfortable in those types of forums.

Until Council/community have agreement on what they will do with the facility it is difficult to go cap in hand to get funding over and above the money we have already been granted
The point being this is a public forum where we can all vent & question as we like. That is the whole point of a forum.

Mr Lowe is free to register & reply to this thread should he choose to do so. Mind you he did have his own forum once but couldn't take criticism & closed it down.

He has had the season to settle in & we are all looking forward to some exciting news from him very soon. Lets hope his vision, drive & commitment to the club exceeds all our expectations.

:)

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8