CEO defends Zorba axe

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
"Peter was involved in some of those discussions before yesterday and we had an amicable discussion yesterday so know we focus on football and send him out in the manner he deserves."
The manner he deserved was to finish the football year. A week before the semis??WTF!
"We thank Peter for his contribution over 40 years and we understand there's some sadness in relation to Zorba (leaving)."
Oh you think so knobhead!...You number-crunching cock-head. It's always the bottomline with you pricks...regardless of timing.

Yes but what kind of muppet would do this before the finals. How hard would it of been to do it in October

I'd like the club to explain why this decision could not wait 4 weeks! Really one week out before the semi finals. It's just dump.

wombatgc said:
"Peter was involved in some of those discussions before yesterday and we had an amicable discussion yesterday so know we focus on football and send him out in the manner he deserves."
The manner he deserved was to finish the football year. A week before the semis??WTF!
"We thank Peter for his contribution over 40 years and we understand there's some sadness in relation to Zorba (leaving)."
Oh you think so knobhead!...You number-crunching cock-head. It's always the bottomline with you pricks...regardless of timing.

mate I think this is a bit harsh. Dave Perry was obviously brought in to do a job and there are reports that the business is doing badly financially. Zorba is Manly but I have no idea what sort of money he demands and what his net worth to the business is. As for the timing, this could motivate us in the same way Beavers farewell did. Doing it for Zorba!!

I don't think his title is CEO either, fairly sure it's CFO

No. I stand by my comments.
The business is alledegy doing badly financially.
So how smart is it to get the sponsors off-side (Tony Nahabedian, the boss of Triple A Radiators), the coach,players,and fans?
It could've waited till seasons end.
The players wouldn't need the motivation of Zorba getting
punted to do it for him, that would've already been a given.

Narly said:
I'd like the club to explain why this decision could not wait 4 weeks! Really one week out before the semi finals. It's just dump.

They did explain. Zorba wanted honesty now.

What did you want them to do, tell him he is sweet now then punt him 4 weeks later?

Everybodys opinions on here seem to be divided about Zorba. Personally, having met him a few times he is a good bloke and is 100% committed to his role at the Sea Eagles. If anybody on these forums should be critiscising anyone - its the new COO Dave Perry. He should have had a quiet word to Zorba about stepping down after we win the GF and go out the way he deserves on his own terms. Instead he has sacked him on the eve of the finals and for the 3rd year in a row, in-fighting at this great club could potentially cost us another premiership.

"Coach Des Hasler is privately fuming over his close friend's sacking and the timing of the decision."

That says it all. Why upset the coach and probably some of the players as well as club legends a week before the semis.

If the decision was made for Zorba to go then do it at the end of the season now now. Seems like Perry has been to well trained in the north sydney bears style of management.

wombatgc said:

I agree the timing and the way it's all been handled stinks! It might ultimately be the right decision to move Zorba on, but the way it's happened is disrespectful after his years of service. Doesn't reflect well on the new CEO after being in the job for 5 minutes.

EagleRock40 said:
He should have had a quiet word to Zorba about stepping down after we win the GF and go out the way he deserves on his own terms.

There are none so blind as those who don't want to see.

Perry clearly said he had been talking to Zorba, but going quietly obviously wasn't in Zorba's plan.

With this already going on, Zorba drops his "good sort" clanger, which says it all really.
With his head already on the chopping block, he still wasn't able to act professionally and fulfil his duties competently and instead he embarrasses the Club yet again.

Simmo said:
EagleRock40 said:
He should have had a quiet word to Zorba about stepping down after we win the GF and go out the way he deserves on his own terms.

There are none so blind as those who don't want to see.

Perry clearly said he had been talking to Zorba, but going quietly obviously wasn't in Zorba's plan.

With this already going on, Zorba drops his "good sort" clanger, which says it all really.
With his head already on the chopping block, he still wasn't able to act professionally and fulfil his duties competently and instead he embarrasses the Club yet again.
Id like to know who you are mate. We all have opinions on here based on wat we know or what we think we know the facts are alot of us don't and go by what we read in the paper. You seem to post like you know what's going on and quite negative about someone who is part of the very fabric of our club. Put up or shut up tell us who you are and where you get your info from.

Simmo said:
Narly said:

They did explain. Zorba wanted honesty now.

What did you want them to do, tell him he is sweet now then punt him 4 weeks later?

Actually I would of excepted them to hold off on any action for 4 weeks. Their was no need to call any meeting. Just go through the motions until after the GF. I'm questioning Perrys decision making.

EagleRock40 said:
Everybodys opinions on here seem to be divided about Zorba. Personally, having met him a few times he is a good bloke and is 100% committed to his role at the Sea Eagles. If anybody on these forums should be critiscising anyone - its the new COO Dave Perry. He should have had a quiet word to Zorba about stepping down after we win the GF and go out the way he deserves on his own terms. Instead he has sacked him on the eve of the finals and for the 3rd year in a row, in-fighting at this great club could potentially cost us another premiership.

I thought on-field fighting was a greater problem than in fighting.Probably cost us $150K (50K fine and Min Pr'ship $100K)

Cambo said:
Id like to know who you are mate. We all have opinions on here based on wat we know or what we think we know the facts are alot of us don't and go by what we read in the paper. You seem to post like you know what's going on and quite negative about someone who is part of the very fabric of our club. Put up or shut up tell us who you are and where you get your info from.

Just because I type like a Toff when arguing my point doesn't mean I know anything more than you. I just read the papers, watch TV and go to Brooky like the rest of us. Perhaps I am just willing to read between the lines more than others.

Obviously, I believe Zorba's time as media manager was up. Let's face it, he is 67 and the world has moved on in the area of Media and communications. We all saw that in the way he managed the forum on the official site.

That is not to diminish his massive positive contribution to the club over 40 years.

It is sad that he couldn't see for himself that it was time to go and has had to be pushed, but he is not the first person guilty of that and I have a sneaking suspicion I will suffer the same problem when my career reaches the end.

I just don't go for all the hysteria on here about the poor timing and it will derail our season.

This is all Zorba's fault,i love and respect the guy for all he has done but he is a piss poor media manager,he is more of a team manager

His comments led to his dismissal,i dont give a **** what Perry says and omfg btw,if AAA Radiators wants to **** off good riddance to them,its a piss poor looking shoulder sponsor and we can do so much better than $200k PA for such a lethal team

If Zorb's is half the man i think he is,he will still try to get AAA Radiators on board regardless of his employment status

Loving all Zorba's media mates banging his drum.

Time to take the rose-colored glasses of you fools.

He'll still have a job at the club somewhere anyway.

tookey said:
"Coach Des Hasler is privately fuming over his close friend's sacking and the timing of the decision."

That says it all. Why upset the coach and probably some of the players as well as club legends a week before the semis.

If the decision was made for Zorba to go then do it at the end of the season now now. Seems like Perry has been to well trained in the north sydney bears style of management.

How is that possible? If you know he is privatly fuming it isnt private is it?

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2