1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Centre's of attention

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by Brookie, Sep 7, 2011.

1. Brookie

Brookie Well-Known Member

Swinger Hill
    Ratings:
    +218 /4
    i know there is a dally M thread, but feel our awesome centres need more recognition.

firstly congrats to killer for centre of the year, but also congrats to Matai for being nominated as well.
    not often you see two players from the same team being nominated for the award.

i've said it before, but i think we have the two best centres in the game and wouldn't swap our centres for anybody in the comp!

also finding it hard to find a better manly centre pairing since i have been supporting the mighty eagles, i think Matai & Lyon have taken over from Hill & Innes as my all-time fav centres

2. Dan

Dan Administrator Staff Member Administrator 2016 Tipping Competitor

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
    Ratings:
    +5,585 /78
    So you wouldn;t pay $2 million for Idris?

me neither

3. Mark from Brisbane

Mark from Brisbane Living the dream Premium Member

Brisbane
    Ratings:
    +13,025 /259
    NFW

4. Berkeley_Eagle

Berkeley_Eagle Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +2,115 /14
    Not even £1 million

5. Phantar

Phantar Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +273 /0
    But some teams would! lol

6. Napper

Napper Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +797 /1
    Hill & Innes was pretty good but your right i rate these 2 as good if not better

7. anthonyb1965

anthonyb1965 GO Manly Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Canberra
    Ratings:
    +507 /15
    Killer and Shoulders are the best in the league!!! Skill and strength with power and determination!!!

8. Dan

Dan Administrator Staff Member Administrator 2016 Tipping Competitor

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
    Ratings:
    +5,585 /78
    By the way is the term centres of excellence?

9. manlyfan76

manlyfan76 Parra Trolls are the best. Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Anywhere but Parramatta
    Ratings:
    +5,547 /119
    Funny enough that the Titans builing has big signage on it that says "Centre of Excellence" I laugh every time I drive by. And will next year when they have Idris.

10. Masked Eagle

Masked Eagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +976 /0
    Better than Hill & Innes? I won't say better but they are at the same level, thats a big enough wrap. Speaking of Hill & Innes I remember the 96 season they were outstanding, as a team we only averaged conceeding 8 points per game and they were a huge part of that. I remember a game when we were down something like 18-0 against the chooks and we won the game with a Craig Innes try and one of the best fends ever straight into the mush of Matt Sing.

11. OneEyedEagle

OneEyedEagle Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +176 /0
    Maybe for 1 Million Dongs I would

12. SeaEagleRock8

SeaEagleRock8 Sea Eagle Lach Staff Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,913 /125
    Killer & Skivvie are up there with our best ever combinations. Another premiership title will enhance their claims to be best ever.

13. mosto

mosto Well-Known Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +1,001 /10
    Innes had a terrific fend. I remember my first game at Brookie and he skirted wide to the western touchline to get on the outside of his man. I think it was Kevin Iro who came across and had him covered and only had to put him off balance as he was so close to the sideline. As he came in to tackle, Innes stuck out the right mit and sat Iro on his @rse with out budging a millimetre off his line. One of the best fends I've seen.

14. codewana

codewana Active Member

Ratings:
    +58 /0
    But it will only be their first premiership as centre partners.

15. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +310 /0
    Yeah, but the less said about Steve Bell Dr.Zoidberg the better.

• Like Like x 1