Centre of Excellence/new 3,000 Seat Grandstand at Brookie – timeline updates here?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
It's not just a video screen but acts as the scoreboard at every ground :wait:

Not sure if the residents around Brookie will allow any changes at Brookie - we've been through this process for decades :cool:

The lack of parking is not an issue as CBUS, Suncorp, WIN, Penrith etc all require Fans to walk quite a distance from where they can park @:cool:
I agree with that. The NIMBY local residents have been nothing but a hindrance to any upgrade that has been put forward.

We have always struggled to score points down that end, compared to the Fulton/Mezies end.
I wonder if the new stand, along with louder fans, will help rectify this issue...

We have always struggled to score points down that end, compared to the Fulton/Mezies end....
I was lucky enough to get to have a chat with Brett Stewart during the Knights game and he said when they played they wanted to defend the hill end in the second half. They believed that if they were just trailing , equal or leading at half time then they will outscore the opposition and win each time

I was lucky enough to get to have a chat with Brett Stewart during the Knights game and he said when they played they wanted to defend the hill end in the second half. They believed that if they were just trailing , equal or leading at half time then they will outscore the opposition and win each time
I think defending the hill first half like we did against Cronulla allows us to build a good lead and almost certainly win - we would not have been able to do what we did in that semi had we not attacked towards fulton/menzies stand first - 80% points scored there

Given the history, I'm thinking that if a unified and concerted effort is made then we can have this thing up and running in time for our centenary year! ;):p:eek:

we still need the half dozen concept designs, one with apartments, one with the new northern beaches train station underneath, one made from straw etc.

I have noticed on the artists drawings so far they only draw in about half the seats, well under 3000 each time

We've made the big league - TurfMate :rofl:

Nine news just reporting DA being submitted by Manly #nextweek

https://turfmate.com.au/a-look-at-the-brookvale-oval-upgrade-plans/

b93104233461a6c3f1f82e30afcf964c

In this CGI the video screen has been moved to the north-western side of the ground, which makes more sense as it allows those of us on the Hill to watch the numerous video reviews.

We have always struggled to score points down that end, compared to the Fulton/Mezies end.
I wonder if the new stand, along with louder fans, will help rectify this issue...
Yes, why waste scoring a try in front of the cheap general admission tickets hill, free ticket supporters should be thankful they see any try or have a replay facility to look at.

The players' families are seated in the Southern Stand and the boys just want to impress their womenfolk and kiddies :inlove:

Marty always blows his lady a kiss
images

Just heard this morning that the cost of the new and now completed Townsville stadium has come in at 230 million dollars . 130 mil in state funding and 100 mil from federal funding . Oh the benefits and advantages of living in ultra marginal seats [ state and federal ]

Yep same as all the other promises over the last 30 years. Dead silence and no action.

No it aint Dead . It is only building momentum

There is always Silence before a big storm and the big news story ahead

Stand by feathered friend and never ever lose hope !

Stand tall and proud and chest perked out just like the Eagle of hope
IMG_0788.PNG

Given the stimulus package announcement today that will be aimed to protect jobs by Scotty from Marketing is this the NRL/Manly chance to target infrastructure funding to build new Stadia across suburban Sydney??

Then again Toddy is still drinking the cool aid from the NRL TV commercial launch.

The "artist impression" guy is working overtime to get something together.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4