Ca't beat penalties

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

The Who

Journey Man
No team will beat another top side with a lopsided 5 - 10 penalty count.
The boys played very well. Souffs just had all the ball in the second half.
Not a disaster. The refs may put away the whistle in the finals and allow the players to decide the outcome.

We have to push the boundaries more in slowing the play the ball due to the size differential and most not all were deserving penalties. I do agree though that it makes it hard to win a game but it was not the reason why.

Ironically I am more confident of a premiership in 2013 than what I was before the game. The better team lost, but only on the scoreboard. We will be back.

The Who said:
No team will beat another top side with a lopsided 5 - 10 penalty count.
The boys played very well. Souffs just had all the ball in the second half.
Not a disaster. The refs may put away the whistle in the finals and allow the players to decide the outcome.

After 20 minutes, I thought the refs had put the whistle away, silly me, it was Souths playing, wasn't it.

Wow, I can'y believe how delusional we can be. We were beaten by a better side, just like we have been every time we have played a top 4 team this season.

Souffs were a weakened team with Burgess out and Sutton and Inglis nobbled and this is the result.

Ralphie said:
Wow, I can'y believe how delusional we can be. We were beaten by a better side, just like we have been every time we have played a top 4 team this season.

Souffs were a weakened team with Burgess out and Sutton and Inglis nobbled and this is the result.

While it wasn't our best game its hard to gain possession against a lop sided penalty count.

We will bounce back against raiders next week.

Ralphie said:

Didn't see Souths as a weakened team. Having so many big men, Sam Burgess was not missed one bit and Sutton And Inglis were powering on in the last 20 minutes, far from being passengers.

Clint said:
Ironically I am more confident of a premiership in 2013 than what I was before the game. The better team lost, but only on the scoreboard. We will be back.

pretty much how i feel as well, the finals arn't as blatantly badly reffed

Wasn;t just the penalties. Some of the other calls were terrible & we never got ruck penalties to mirror the ones Souths got.

Jamie B had the ball stripped out when he was on the Souths goal line just before halftime.

In the 2nd half that knock on call that gave Souths a scrum inside our 20m & a try to Merrit was from a Manly player knocking the arm not the ball.

Snake dived on a ball just outside the goal line & a Souths player put a hand on him to effect a tackle, then another pushed him into the ingoal.

All wrong calls & I haven;t even got to Matai no try & the dragging players into touch.

5 Penalties to Souths on the First tackle coming out of their 22. At the very time we had acendency and were trying to build pressure. It let Souths win the yardage battle without lifting a finger whilst they were in trouble. We couldnt score and when Souths a had 47 sets on our line in the second half we burned all our fuel and that was the result. Souths should be worried if we get them Rd 1of the finals, we were by far the better side if penalties were even.

https://twitter.com/bigleaguemag/status/368342889312444416

Big LeagueVerified account
‏@bigleaguemag
Toovey: "If they're a three times better disciplined team than us I'll give it away." #nrlsouman

Big League ‏@bigleaguemag 9m
Toovey: "Everyone knew Anthony Watmough was injured coming into this game and now we've lost him... It's very suspicious." #nrlsouman

Again, I say RL needs to reduce the impact of penalties by only giving the team another set of six, not the kick into touch. Only for foul play should it be a kick as well as a full set.

Must be smart on the turnaround plays.

Apart from Souffs great goal line drop out, the numerous drag/push/carries into touch was more than I have seen for a long time. That move snuffed out the attack like 20 dogs pissing on a redhead match.

The Who said:
Again, I say RL needs to reduce the impact of penalties by only giving the team another set of six, not the kick into touch. Only for foul play should it be a kick as well as a full set.

Never happen. The boffins inside NRL HQ are all convinced lessening the punishment will lead to more players deliberately breaking rules. Fact is the heavy penalty encourages "milking" penalties from duped referees but they will never see that line of thinking.

there were no penalties in the game for the first 8 or 9 minutes and manly were killing it.I We got the first for the leg twist that was called a head shot by the ref, and they got the next 5 in about the next 10 minutes. I was wondering if the refs swapped around at that point. I didnt notice but it was like a different game.

What makes everyone think the refereeing will be any better next time we play them ?? Some teams are allowed to push the limits........unfortunately we aren't one of those with a green light.

Chip and Chase said:
What makes everyone think the refereeing will be any better next time we play them ?? Some teams are allowed to push the limits........unfortunately we aren't one of those with a green light.

Manly had there chances and a better kicking game most of the match but Souths were just better. Refs were pretty good tonight.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4