Carbon dioxide tax

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Australia to become McDonalds with a Red Headed clown at their head

byso said:
Does anyone support this?

Only labor politicians, the greens and independants. The 74 people who voted yes.

We are poisioning our planet in so many ther ways that it doesn't make a difference anyway. Coal seam gas extraction is a bigger worry but the greens don't seem as concerned about it as same sex marriage.

China has poisioned 90% of its underground water and 75% of its rivers so they will need to take over australia eventually anyway to feed their population and access fresh water.

I support it.

Whether 2011 is the right time to introduce it is what I not sure about.

No thanks.
As a nation, we're responsible for only a ridiculously small amount of carbon emittance in comparison to the rest of the globe.
It doesn't matter how much money is invested into lowering Australia's emissions, it won't make any tangible difference to the worlds pollution problem. IMO, it will only place local Australian businesses under even more pressure to compete with countries that have no such tax.
Plant more trees.

For mind i hate the argument that we are only responsible for a small amount of the total world pollution so why should we do anything about it

I find it interesting how the "debate" has moved from climate skeptics to now "we contribute so little to the global problem"

I like how the Govt spin doctors have done a great job convincing those that are for the tax, that somehow anyone who believes we are responsible for only a small amount of global emissions (relative to the rest of the world) are 'sceptics'? Come on.
I'm not denying climate change, I said to plant more trees.

I just wonder where all the opposition to the carbon tax was back before Tony Abbott decided to switch sides and be against it as he saw the political mileage to be made.

Read an article yesterday which states that increased demand for coal in the next decade will be phenominal from countries such as India and china.

I am all for lowering co2 emissions but I find it a joke that we are being taxed to reduce our co2 use but at the same time our government is allowing unlimited new coal mines to supply India and china. Shouldn't we be closing down our coal mines?

As they say the co2 emitted by these 2 countries will be over australia within a week so anything we do is useless in the total scheme of things.

If we can develop the technology to stop emissions from coal burning then we can export that along with the actual coal to China. The tax gives local industry the chance to develop this.

We get it right and there is huge money to be made.

The best reason to support the tax I can find is it puts you on the opposite side to Alan jones and ray Hadley.

Those pair make me laugh. They know more than the CSIRO and NASA about global warming.

And people listen to them.

The Gronk said:
If we can develop the technology to stop emissions from coal burning then we can export that along with the actual coal to China. The tax gives local industry the chance to develop this.

We get it right and there is huge money to be made.

Do you know of any companies trying to develop this technology?

Would this be one? http://www.whiteenergyco.com.au/

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6