Captaincy madness

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ManlyBacker

Winging it
Residents of the lower end of the Northern Beaches spat out their cornflakes this morning when turning to the back page of the Manly Daily.

Ox puts his hand up
ADAM LUCIUS
21jul06

MANLY halfback Matt Orford has revealed a deep desire to captain the Sea Eagles next season as he looks to take his career to the next level.

Orford believes assuming the captaincy from Ben Kennedy will only benefit his game and increase his chances of finally cracking it for a NSW Origin jersey.

The in-form No 7 is one on a small list of candidates in line to replace Kennedy.

Brent Kite, Steve Menzies and Jason King will also come under consideration.

Can you spot the odd one out? Strewth, someone at the club or the Daily picked another bad week to give up glue sniffing.

The Ox would be my preferred way to go.

King will be captain of the premier league team once Des gets the photos off him.

Monaghan might captain Souths.

King isn't on the field long enough to be captain and after five minutes he's so out of breatht there is no way he could question a referee's decision!

WTF has this guy done to deserve his spot week in week out, besides lack of depth

The suggestion that King could lead this team on & off the field is rather amusing when you consider the real life chance of it actually happening.

But somehow the dark side of me wants to see it happen. Just once. A bit like a car wreck that you are intrigued enough about to prevent your eyes from averting.

Mayby the bench has become that important its important to name a captain of the Bench Line up ???

King would then become the obvious choice, while he can keep a position on the bench anyway!!

I have a club Membership brochure from 2003 on my PC. It highlights the different levels of membership.

Funny that one level is the Jason King Membership and the Second Level is the John Hopoate Membership.

From there it goes to Mark Shipway membership, Steven Menzies Membership and the top level was Jason Ferris Membership.

Just brings back the great memories of how dominant we were back then!!!!

Can you imagine the benefits that being a Jason King or John Hopoate Member might entail???? :lol: :lol:

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4