Captain’s Challenge

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
When I played as a teenager a knock on had to be propelling the ball forward, if you were tackled and the ball came out behind you either one of your teammates picks it up or an opposition player dives over the top and steals it.

That was never a knock on.

Annoys the crap out of me these days as basically every dropped ball is a knock on EVEN if it goes backwards!!
Not called any where near as much since the capt challenge came in as the refs know it will be challenged and overturned.

Funny one yesterday, I forget which game, but a team challenged a loose carry, they were successful, but got penalised instead because the video ref found some other infringement!

I knew the Captains challenge was going to be a good rule by the amount of opposition nrl headquarters initially had for it.

When I played as a teenager a knock on had to be propelling the ball forward, if you were tackled and the ball came out behind you either one of your teammates picks it up or an opposition player dives over the top and steals it.

That was never a knock on.

Annoys the crap out of me these days as basically every dropped ball is a knock on EVEN if it goes backwards!!
Yes I totally agree - back is back and it is play on.

I’d love someone to explain to me the exact point at which the defensive line can move up. Is it when the ball first touches the ground in the play the ball, when it is ‘touched’ by the player playing the ball, or when the hooker first touches it?
Depends who the ref is and who the defending team is. For us we can't move up till they run 10m. For the favoured few its when bend down to play the ball.

Funny one yesterday, I forget which game, but a team challenged a loose carry, they were successful, but got penalised instead because the video ref found some other infringement!
I think you’re refering to the Parra game.
Cartwright got done for a knockon/lost in the tackle or whatever- they challenged, vidiot deemed his ball carrying arm hit the ground before he offoaded so penalised him.
Bloody gold, the look on Guffo when he was told they didn’t lose their challenge but were being penalised.
Vossy was having a whinge saying he didn’t like the fact that the onfield ref deemed it okay but the vidiot overruled on something completely different to the challenge.

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 56 16
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8
8 3 5 -55 8