Cap won't fit Manly's wingers

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Eels hungry to get the Wolfman back

sport -- http://manly-daily.whereilive.com.au/sport/story/eels-hungry-to-get-the-wolfman-back/

Rugby League18 Nov 08 @ 05:00pm by JASON AVEDISSIAN

PARRAMATTA emperor Denis Fitzgerald has identified Manly winger David Williams as a potential recruit.

Williams, an Eels junior, is off contract at the Sea Eagles at the end of 2009.

The rookie Test winger is on a meagre deal at Manly, worth about $50,000 a season.

His value has escalated over the past six months, with his market price worth almost four times his current contract.

Fitzgerald told The Manly Daily on Tuesday he would like to see Williams return to Parramatta in 2010.

“We always like to keep our local juniors,” Fitzgerald said.

“Yes (we’d like him to come back). He’s had a terrific year and had such bad luck with injuries when he was with us.”

The Sea Eagles have a number of players off contract in 2009 with Williams, half Matt Orford, second-rower Glenn Hall and winger Michael Robertson among them.

I say stick with Robbo

Remember Elsegood -> on fire his first year then pretty much nothing after that

It's a hard choice for the club to make and for us the Manly fans to come to terms with one way or the other.

There's a few things to weigh up Robbo is a good club man and a fine player. Williams has a sense of flare about him and is fast becoming a new cult hero at the club as he's following shows.

With the fans and the club losing it's own favourite son in the great beaver, Williams is starting to get a strong following of he's own that said. I can't really say for sure which one we should let go while the other stays on with the club it's a very hard choice i would like us keep both of them but that's not to be it seems.

Fitzgerald is such a turd.  When Williams was injured he didn't want to know, now he wants his 'local junior' back.  What about Grothe, isn't he ready to kick his defensive lapses and he's got two years to run on his contract.  I've heard FitzGerald is shopping him around, trying to get rid off him.  The Slime; in total disarray; excellent.   

DSM5 link said:
Fitzgerald is such a turd.  When Williams was injured he didn't want to know, now he wants his 'local junior' back.  What about Grothe, isn't he ready to kick his defensive lapses and he's got two years to run on his contract.  I've heard FitzGerald is shopping him around, trying to get rid off him.   The Slime; in total disarray; excellent.   

DSM You beat me to it i was going to post some think along those lines. Fitz what a real tool he is. Your right we did all the good work help getting Williams back on his feet now Fitz wants him back.

Hopefully Wolfman is smart enough that his future is at Manly, he should go firward not backwards in his career.

CliffyIsGod link said:
I could see Bani being a better centre than Wolfman.

I can see Bani being a better player than Williams fullstop.

But Williams took the opportunity when it was there and more power to him for it.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6