Candy Cane Thread Deleted

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Canteen Worker

First Grader
Tonight I have deleted the thread started by Candy Cane discussing his/her removal as a poster from Manlyseaeagles forum.

What was an interesting and intelligently responded to thread deteriorated into the potential for what might be construed as personal attacks on characters who are not around to respond or protect themselves. This sort of thing is against the forum rules and so I thought it best to remove the post. If you have problems with my actions feel free to PM me or disagree. I was not comfortable with the comments and what they implied. I also don't want a bunfight to develop. Forum 'wars'are Yawwwwwwnnnnn! :sleep:

I am mystified as to why Candy Cane and others were removed as posters on the forum but I think we should now move on from this issue.

I totally agree. Good move. I didn't see the offending comments so it wouldn't of been up for more than a few minutes then.

I am not mystified as to why he was removed. I am 99% sure I know the culprit, and as all ways his motivations for removing Candy would only be known to him.

Thanks, C/W. And thanks to all those who expressed support and understanding at my circumstances. Deleting the thread is probably the best possible decision in the circumstances. There was a real risk that rather than becoming part of the solution, this thread would become part of the problem.

Create no harm is a great overriding principle for running a forum, and in life generally.

After much reflection, I've decided it's time for me to move on, not just from this discussion, but more generally.

This is my last posting as Candy (or for that matter as any other identity), and I suspect my last viewing of any Manly noticeboard. Sometimes you need to make life decisions, and whilst I've struggled letting go and making this one, I know its the right one. I've enjoyed my time as part of the M-W rugby league community, including on these forums, and wish all of you the best with your personal struggles.

noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.....................

Evil is allowed to flourish when good people stand back and do nothing...

Dont let it get you down like that dude.

Its only MSE forums. the posts you get there are general mundane and boring. Your more than wlecome here and I am sure Aaron would be happy to have you posting at One Eyed Eagle and using his site.

Whatever you decide I wish you well and hope to chat to you again. You have been a welcome addition to the site over the last few weeks

Thanks, C/W. And thanks to all those who expressed support and understanding at my circumstances. Deleting the thread is probably the best possible decision in the circumstances. There was a real risk that rather than becoming part of the solution, this thread would become part of the problem.

Create no harm is a great overriding principle for running a forum, and in life generally.

After much reflection, I've decided it's time for me to move on, not just from this discussion, but more generally.

This is my last posting as Candy (or for that matter as any other identity), and I suspect my last viewing of any Manly noticeboard. Sometimes you need to make life decisions, and whilst I've struggled letting go and making this one, I know its the right one. I've enjoyed my time as part of the M-W rugby league community, including on these forums, and wish all of you the best with your personal struggles.

are you ****ing serious :?:

A decision has been made to shortly reinstate the thread, with the removal of the offending material as it is believed that the discussion was a worthwhile one with positive benefit to the club.

Candy, hope you stay on board as a Manly supporter and all the best. I echo what Daniel has said above.

noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.....................

Evil is allowed to flourish when good people stand back and do nothing...

I think this is what you meant Matas

"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing."
— Edmund Burke

A British statesman (for what its worth)

was the origin of that quote Matas has almost used :)

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4