Canberra and negative Media:-

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Ryan

Journey Man
Well, we all know Canberra have been touted as Wooden Spoon morals blah, blah blah. We also know this means they will lift in the face of adversity - with a point to prove.

I've been thinking on it, and if I'm a betting man, I'd suggest that I bet our forwards are going through exactly the same scenario. The fans, The Commentators, The Critics etc etc have ALL said our forwards are our weakness. I know that if I was King, Rose, Bryant, Stewart, Willow etc, I'd want to go out, and absolutely prove everyone wrong, and DEMAND respect from the opposition and the fans.

So what may be a blessing in disguise for Canberra, may well be a blessing down at Narrabeen Sports Academy as well.

Thoughts guys?

NB: Whenever Manly is under the pump, even in the very lean years - one thing I noted was our fighting spirit (after being smashed by Panthers, coming out and belting The Knights the week after for example). I know I'm a pessemist, but I bet our forwards will go out this year with a point to prove, as well as playing for their personal careers.

That last bit is the key. They're playing for the there spot. We are in the market to buy forwards. 1 if not two. After beaver leaves who's going to make way for the other forward?

I'd be playing my heart out just to keep my spot in that situation.

That last bit is the key. They're playing for the there spot. We are in the market to buy forwards. 1 if not two. After beaver leaves who's going to make way for the other forward?

I'd be playing my heart out just to keep my spot in that situation.

I agree Flip - but I also hope passion for brand, respect, passion for supporters etc come into it a little bit as well.

I think the forwards know how important this year is for us. They know that if they can fire, there's a chance we can bring home the goods in '07.

Yeah I agree with you Ryan, I hope they come out all guns blazing.
We won't know how they'll go till we watch them play on Saturday night, so the fair thing to do would be hold back and give them the benefit of the doubt until such time as anyone can make an opinion on their 2007 form...which is all that matters.
I really don't think it's that easy to gauge form on trials and the small snippets of info recieved/ highlights packages.

Here here mate...

I actually hope King really stands up for example...and gives us nothing to complain about. In fact, it would be nice in 6 months if we were all commenting on what we can do to retain the guy due to the price tag he'd be demanding.

He's a local junior so if he fires, he is the key. Same with Watmough. I think people tend to underestimate the benefit of having a strong team made up of as many locals or Manly-developed players as possible.

there would still be plenty booting him out the door even if he outplays kite constantly

Rubbish Fluffy. If he outplayed Kite, it would be a miracle, and we'd embrace it entirely. And I include everyone in that scenario.

im only basing that on people bagging him when he plays a good game exactly the same as his **** games.

So rubbish it aint, reality it is

No Fluffy - His good game is Kite's average game - your theory is flawed.

Example:-

If King makes 100 metres we are pumped.
If Kite makes 100 metres - it's an off day.

Understando mate?

thats what it shoud be however reality was king made 130m and people were still saying he had a crap game.

whether you want to believe it or not

Understando?

No _ I don't understando - because I remember even the most ardent critics promoting him in those stages...

Your letting your blind passion for the guy as a player cloud your opinion of his performances.

after 3 weeks of 120m+ in a row these are the comments out of 1 thread that was started to give him credit.

"He did alright. I thought I almost saw a bit of leg drive in one tackle and he went forward on contact. I may have blinked though and been mistaken."

"King did better, but he still fell short of what he is capable of and he also fell short of some others. On balance i certainly wasnt dirty on his performance."

"pffft he finally reached standard. I still hate the fact he gets near the line turns around and falls into the tackle, did it in most hitups this game. A prop is suppossed to run at and through the tackle not surrender.

And WTF he had momentum ran on to the ball got 2 meters from the defensive line and passed it!!!!! yeah good one, lose momentum and pass it to monas!

[censored] off out of the team and give us a prop worth his salt."

"I have no time for him as a player. The worlds softest ever prop"

"King still has'nt converted me into thinking he's a decent proposition on his performance last night."

"i guess KIngey is very much a "north Sydney style prop!"

Plenty still sticking the boot in, so do you understando now?

after 3 weeks of 120m+ in a row these are the comments out of 1 thread that was started to give him credit.

\"He did alright. I thought I almost saw a bit of leg drive in one tackle and he went forward on contact. I may have blinked though and been mistaken.\"

\"King did better, but he still fell short of what he is capable of and he also fell short of some others. On balance i certainly wasnt dirty on his performance.\"

\"pffft he finally reached standard. I still hate the fact he gets near the line turns around and falls into the tackle, did it in most hitups this game. A prop is suppossed to run at and through the tackle not surrender.

And WTF he had momentum ran on to the ball got 2 meters from the defensive line and passed it!!!!! yeah good one, lose momentum and pass it to monas!

[censored] off out of the team and give us a prop worth his salt.\"

\"I have no time for him as a player. The worlds softest ever prop\"

\"King still has'nt converted me into thinking he's a decent proposition on his performance last night.\"

\"i guess KIngey is very much a \"north Sydney style prop!\"

Plenty still sticking the boot in, so do you understando now?

Point taken Fluffy..unlike most - I'm willing to concede...
WAY too much sarcasm in those comments....
I personally think they are unfair if he did reach 130+ metres consecutively.
Apologies on this one then...

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4