Canadian and International Rugby League

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Ok so finally I've seen the canada v usa highlights.

quite a few different accents in there.

3 things - canada, read this and learn.

1) No one has heard of a shoulder charge over there. Matai would simply leave these guys crying and whimpering in the corner!

2) When one of your players takes a hit up, you need someone in support. Don't all run back to the line waiting for the next run.

3) The same in defense, just because 2 guys have gone in for the tackle, don't turn your back and expect them to complete it!

CANADA V ENGLAND COMING UP!

OCTOBER THE 6TH

God help the wolverines!

Tis at lamport stadium , Toronto

eagles2win said:
British Colombia has been invited to a comp against the Coogee Dolphins and the Philly Fight

The BC "bulldogs" (can you believe it) just beat the highly fancied Utah team.

Also Canada lost again to the usa.

Boo!

Damn teams full of ex-pats!

New international tv deal done.

May help some of us living o/s....

from nrl.com

http://www.nrl.com/new-international-television-deal/tabid/10874/newsid/70545/default.aspx

Rugby League has secured a new international television deal that will guarantee access to key markets including the UK, USA, Asia and the Pacific.

The five-year agreement with IMG Media will ensure fans overseas have world-wide access to all Telstra Premiership matches as well as State of Origin, Test matches played in Australia, AAMI City-Country and the Harvey Norman All Stars.

• Guaranteed television coverage in key markets including the UK, USA, Asia, and Pacific;

• Access to all games in HD either through television or online platforms, as well as access to a 30-minute weekly highlights show;

• A free digital NRL Channel for international fans featuring match vision and a mobile NRL app;

• All NRL and State of Origin matches available on a live or near-live basis via television or online, mobile applications, smart TVs or other media platforms;

• International fans in regions where there is no TV or IPTV rights deals in place will be able to access matches for free on a leading web destination, such as YouTube or USTREAM.

etc

Canadian Wolverines defeat the usa tomahawks! 36-20.

Looks like Canada finally has a jersey sponsor....Fosters.

Looks like they play with a rugby union ball though. :s

http://www.canadarugbyleague.com/site/eng/news/article.php?id=10228

Canada 1 up in a 3 game series.

USA off to the world cup so this result is a bit of an upset.

Canada off to play Jamaica next.

....(Toronto) The Canada Wolverines enthralled the 7,200 strong crowd that came to witness the Wolverines claw back from two big deficits to overcome the USA Tomahawks 36 – 20. ......

You guys should think beav-er you type. I can't bear it.

Canada beats Jamaica!

(from facebook)

Canada 38 - 14 Jamaica tough physical game, 5188 in attendance, and a hat-trick of Caribbean Carnival Cups for the Wolverines, all in a night's work!

"Noice"

eagles2win said:
If I can get the go ahead with Dan might be able to get a feed into the RLIS blog

Tag or pm me on these otherwise I invariably miss them. This can be arranged though

globaleagle said:
You guys should think beav-er you type. I can't bear it.

Canada beats Jamaica!

(from facebook)

Canada 38 - 14 Jamaica tough physical game, 5188 in attendance, and a hat-trick of Caribbean Carnival Cups for the Wolverines, all in a night's work!

"Noice"

Don't be a loonie

Nice!

Is there any more animals?

You guys got any more or-cant you think of one?

Get it? Orca! The killer whale!

sheesh

Next game....

Canada v USA
4th Colonial Cup - Game 2
15:00 - Saturday August 24th 2013
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

Canada has scored Fosters as a sponsor.

As you know.....fosters is Australia for beer!

lol

I was sitting in the sun on Gabriola Island last week discussing the very merits of playing a game in Vancouver with my brother who's lived in Canada since the 60s. He thought it could draw a crowd of about 15K to 20K given all the Australians living in the vicinity. Lions fans might find it interesting. On the other hand I have always found it frustrating getting to see a Manly game on TV over there. There is a pay channel that broadcasts two games per week, rarely a Sea Eagles clash.

There's also the local league in and around vancouver. I think there's about 6 teams in all so hopefully those guys would come along for a look too.

Just a shame everything in on the east coast. All games seem to be played in toronto.

As for viewing, I just pay for sports net world which now shows all the games in HD each week. Sometimes they do it live (3am for me) and other times delayed (well that's the 2 options ge ya ironstine!!) So sometimes I have to be careful about the internet news so the results aren't spolt.

Gabriola Island...nice! I can almost see you if I stand on tippy toes! Enjoy the heat!

So I was at the gym tonight (pauses whilst you all laugh).....

And wearing my Manly jersey when a guy asks me how many rounds to go before the 'playoffs' and that he played for a bit for the UNE (uni of new england) - in armidale.

I said that'd be damn cold, he agreed...even for a Canadian.

Then he goes...so you follow Manly, I bet your friends give you a hard time!

(Jokes on him, I have no friends)

So even he has been indoctrinated into the 'no one should like Manly.'

I said, yeah but we don't care. They are kinda like the toronto maple leafs of (ice) hockey.

Anyway, nice guy, looked like a mini version of sbw. Asked about my thoughts re: benji going to union (damn that HM...lol), he knew a bit about sbw, etc.

Just nice to talk about footy to a live person rather than all you spambots!!

Tried to sign him up to a membership. Didn't work, yet!

(didn't know where this should go - not worthy of its own thread.)

globaleagle said:
So I was at the gym tonight (pauses whilst you all laugh).....

hang on wait - I haven't stopped laughing yet..........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................ok..phew.. carry on

I thought Benji was going to Union ?:p

Anyway, you should be wearing this badge - it will save the incessant arguments with the Non Believers.
[attachment=603]

Is 'gym' your local bar - Or do you just get chatted up by Rah Rahs on the street :huh:

HappilyManly said:
I thought Benji was going to Union ?:p

Anyway, you should be wearing this badge - it will save the incessant arguments with the Non Believers.

Is 'gym' your local bar - Or do you just get chatted up by Rah Rahs on the street :huh:

yes yes yes yes yes...bUnji is going to union! (tis late)

And as you well know, I did mean gymnasium..working out place thingy.

(sheesh between you and clint hahaha)

I just think not many people in Canada stroll around wearing footy jerseys! (and by stroll around I mean working out furiously - obv) ;)

At least the guy played league, and not union.

Thanks for the pic!

edit: You know you're getting old when you think you are ripping it up, but anyone who asks you anything refers to you as "Sir." :(

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7