Can you guess?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Michael O'Connor is definitely a rep star. One of my favourites too, all class.
I on the other hand only played for City Seconds ... :(

PS none of the guesses so far are correct.
Need any more clues?

Do you expect me to say, 'Yay, congrats to The Eagle, you have guessed the correct answer'? hahaha you must be joking. But credit to you for not being too proud to have a go.

SeaEagleRock8 said:

Could you kick goals?? were you a good finisher :p lol whats your name hahaha

jjai said:
SeaEagleRock8 said:

City 2nd`s covers not really a rep star .. lol

jjai said:
SeaEagleRock8 said:

jjai said:
SeaEagleRock8 said:

there was a boughton & there was a broughton any of them ?? what about steve knight he started off on the wing..

jjai said:
SeaEagleRock8 said:

jjai said:
SeaEagleRock8 said:

jjai said:
SeaEagleRock8 said:

jjai said:
SeaEagleRock8 said:

there was a boughton & there was a broughton any of them ?? what about steve knight he started off on the wing..

Yes a lot of Manly players in the '70s and '80s were 'Boughton's lol. I was bought and I admit my fame was not enhanced by my days as a Sea Eagle...

Mosto could be right i`m not sure, i can vaguely remember the name ( blonde short curly hair i think).. Incase he is wrong i just want to know was he our main kicker?? .. That could narrow it down abit lol .. because Eadie was till the early 80`s then we had Dorahy & a few other swho could kick in the side after Eadie retired,we got O` Connor then Ridge..So i`m guessing he would have played for us somehwere after Eadie retired & O`Connor played his 1st yr with us , you did say he was a premiership winner with us ,87 could have been his last year..

jjai said:
Mosto could be right i`m not sure, i can vaguely remember the name ( blonde short curly hair i think).. Incase he is wrong i just want to know was he our main kicker?? .. That could narrow it down abit lol .. because Eadie was till the early 80`s then we had Dorahy & a few other swho could kick in the side after Eadie retired,we got O` Connor then Ridge..So i`m guessing he would have played for us somehwere after Eadie retired & O`Connor played his 1st yr with us , you did say he was a premiership winner with us ,87 could have been his last year..

SER8 only said he was a premiership winner, not necessarily with us. I think he may have played a losing GF for us in the early 80's but he won one with the Raiders later on, where he played his better football hence "my fame was not enhanced by my days as a Sea Eagle..."

mosto said:
jjai said:

SER8 only said he was a premiership winner, not necessarily with us. I think he may have played a losing GF for us in the early 80's but he won one with the Raiders later on, where he played his better football hence "my fame was not enhanced by my days as a Sea Eagle..."
i reckon...um....ah, phil blake?

herballlistic said:
mosto said:
jjai said:

phil blake?

BINGO!

I'll add his bio when I get home.

I reckon it's possible to win some bets with that bit of trivia !!

mosto said:
Pretty confident now SER8...Steve Gearin

huh??? when did he play for us if he did i dont remember that

sure is SER because not many would know it.. i never use google on these trivias i just do mad guesses :D, google makes it easy sometimes lol

Steve Gearin
SeaEagleRock8 said:
I played for the mighty Manly Sea Eagles, of course. I didn't say how many games :idea:
I'm a winger of proven ability, but not really a 'rep star'. One match for City 2nds in 1981
In addition to being a good finisher, I'm an accomplished goalkicker to boot. 85 tries, nearly 600 goals in top grade
Although I scored many tries and kicked many goals in my career, one moment is often mentioned when my name comes up. "He played in Canterburys 1980 Grand Final win against Easts where he scored the greatest Australian Grand Final try in history" [**this now been upstaged in 2008!!!!]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steve_Gearin

He was the NSW Rugby Football League's top point scorer in 1980 and 1984.

His club career statistics were:

Canterbury Bulldogs: 1975-1982, 1985-1986. Games 127, Tries 70, Goals 437, Points 1,006

St. George Dragons: 1983-1984. Games 47, Tries 15, Goals 161, Points 382

Manly Sea Eagles: 1986. Games 3, Tries 0, Goals 0, Points 0

Steve Gearin was spotted by Peter Moore when he was playing in the Commenwealth Bank Cup in 1974. He joined Canterbury Bankstown in 1975. He made his first grade debut in 1976 against the Newtown Jets at Belmore Sports Ground. At the end of his first year of first grade his stat ended up playing 6 games, scoring 2 tries for 6 points. In 1977 he scored 5 tries in a trial against the Queanbeyan Blues. His 1977 season was interrupted by injury. He became a regular first grader in 1978. In 1979 he broke George Taylforths 1967 goal kicking record of 204 points in the process. He played in Canterburys 1979 Grand Final loss to St.George where he scored 1 try and booted 2 goals. He scored 7 points on Grand Final day. In 1980 he was the New South Wales Rugby Leagues top point scorer. He played in Canterburys 1980 Grand Final win against Easts where he scored the greatest Australian Grand Final try in history. He also booted 6 goals from 6 attempts. He scored 15 points on Grand Final day. His 1980 stat ended up playing 24 games, scoring 14 tries, booting 89 goals for 220 points. His 1981 and 1982 seasons were again interrupted by injury. In 1983 he joined St.George. In the 1983 Quarter Final he kicked the 2 winning goals for the Saints to beat the Balmain Tigers 17-14. In 1984 he again was New South Wales Rugby Leagues top point scorer. At the end of his 2 year stint at the Dragons his stat ended up playing 47 games, scoring 15 tries and booting 161 goals for 382 points. He returned to Canterbury in 1985 where he played 13 games, scoring 7 tries and booting 32 goals for 92 points. In 1986 he was playing reserve grade and decided to join Manly Warringah to get some more first grade games under his belt. He only played 3 games for Manly and played the rest of the 1986 season in reserve grade. At the end of the 1986 season he decided to retire. He never played International Rugby League or State Of Origin. He only played for City Seconds in 1981.

I'll admit to using Google when I couldn't remember Phil Carey's name. Typed 'Canberra Grand Final players' only, because I knew I'd know the name of their winger who played for us when I seen it. When SER8 said warmer, Gearin immediately popped into my head.

YEs not a very popular choice, a Manly player who only played 3 games, really he's known as a Canterbury player I suppose, but I stumbled across his name and I'd totally forgotten his fleeting Sea Eagle stint. Added to his famous try I thought it was an interesting trivia point :)

SeaEagleRock8 said:
Steve Gearin
SeaEagleRock8 said:
I played for the mighty Manly Sea Eagles, of course. I didn't say how many games :idea:
I'm a winger of proven ability, but not really a 'rep star'. One match for City 2nds in 1981
In addition to being a good finisher, I'm an accomplished goalkicker to boot. 85 tries, nearly 600 goals in top grade
Although I scored many tries and kicked many goals in my career, one moment is often mentioned when my name comes up. "He played in Canterburys 1980 Grand Final win against Easts where he scored the greatest Australian Grand Final try in history" [**this now been upstaged in 2008!!!!]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steve_Gearin

He was the NSW Rugby Football League's top point scorer in 1980 and 1984.

His club career statistics were:

Canterbury Bulldogs: 1975-1982, 1985-1986. Games 127, Tries 70, Goals 437, Points 1,006

St. George Dragons: 1983-1984. Games 47, Tries 15, Goals 161, Points 382

Manly Sea Eagles: 1986. Games 3, Tries 0, Goals 0, Points 0

Steve Gearin was spotted by Peter Moore when he was playing in the Commenwealth Bank Cup in 1974. He joined Canterbury Bankstown in 1975. He made his first grade debut in 1976 against the Newtown Jets at Belmore Sports Ground. At the end of his first year of first grade his stat ended up playing 6 games, scoring 2 tries for 6 points. In 1977 he scored 5 tries in a trial against the Queanbeyan Blues. His 1977 season was interrupted by injury. He became a regular first grader in 1978. In 1979 he broke George Taylforths 1967 goal kicking record of 204 points in the process. He played in Canterburys 1979 Grand Final loss to St.George where he scored 1 try and booted 2 goals. He scored 7 points on Grand Final day. In 1980 he was the New South Wales Rugby Leagues top point scorer. He played in Canterburys 1980 Grand Final win against Easts where he scored the greatest Australian Grand Final try in history. He also booted 6 goals from 6 attempts. He scored 15 points on Grand Final day. His 1980 stat ended up playing 24 games, scoring 14 tries, booting 89 goals for 220 points. His 1981 and 1982 seasons were again interrupted by injury. In 1983 he joined St.George. In the 1983 Quarter Final he kicked the 2 winning goals for the Saints to beat the Balmain Tigers 17-14. In 1984 he again was New South Wales Rugby Leagues top point scorer. At the end of his 2 year stint at the Dragons his stat ended up playing 47 games, scoring 15 tries and booting 161 goals for 382 points. He returned to Canterbury in 1985 where he played 13 games, scoring 7 tries and booting 32 goals for 92 points. In 1986 he was playing reserve grade and decided to join Manly Warringah to get some more first grade games under his belt. He only played 3 games for Manly and played the rest of the 1986 season in reserve grade. At the end of the 1986 season he decided to retire. He never played International Rugby League or State Of Origin. He only played for City Seconds in 1981.

ahhhh...finally!!!

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4