Can we Beat the Slime At Parra next Friday?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Canteen Worker

First Grader
Last year this game was one of our best wins. We are not setting the world on fire. Nor are they.

We are likely to be without Watmough (ankle ligaments) and Lyon (Hip). Our attack is stereotyped and easy to predict.

What hope do we have?

Depending on injuries, I actually think we can win this.

Parra have very ordinary halves as well, their most creative players aren't traditional positions (Mateo, Inu, Hayne etc).

They've shown very little form this year. Bad losses to the Cows and Warriors. (not so much against the Titans, who are playing good footy).

They got home against a Dogs side that self-destructed and they dodged a bullet in extra-time against the Knights, but aside from that they've shown very little that is positive.

Nor have we, to be fair, but I think our forwards are doing a decent job. Choc's injury looked bad and it takes a lot to get him off the field, but I'll back us to win if both he and Lyon play.

If one or two of them are out then Parra will be deserved favourites but I'd still give us a good chance at a win. It is a game that both teams really need to win. Both 2 wins from 5 and another loss leaves a team at risk of falling behind the pack, even if it is early days.

We can win this.  For some strange reason Parra's defense up the middle is poor so that should be where Perry, Princess and the rest should be directed.  Their halves are as crap as ours but our defense is actually quite sound around the ruck.  Bell is a weakness and if Lyon doesn't play there might be problems out wide.  I predict he will.  A cork is not life threate ing.  However none of their backs are in form so that might even it out.  Stewart holds the key.  If he's up to his attacking best then we'll win.   

Surely we won't be under the pump like the 1st 20mts against melb parra don't have that we'll have more room in attack this time to suite us we'll win.

Choc was a standout and will definitely be missed. It comes down to team heart. Another game on the road and a true test of 80 min commitment and a killer instinct. We should win this one, even minus Choc and Lyon, but I have a nagging doubt about where we will get the points.

Realistically I would have to back against us. We have had one good performance this year and whilst the defence has been good, our attack has not. We have only won at Parra once in the last 10 years or so.

And that once was last year CW

I am feeling ok about the game for some reason

I heard before Tim Smith is returning to Qld for the rest of the season to sort himself out, don't know if that helps us or not, will move Mateo into the halves

Finch and Mateo combination is ten fold better than Smith and Finch. I'm more worried now that I read Smith may be out.

Balancing the equation further is Perry & Choc look set to be OK and Riddell is a good chance for a no show.

We can win this one. Just hope we dont revert to Lyon in the 6.

Jatz Crackers link said:
Balancing the equation further is Perry & Choc look set to be OK and Riddell is a good chance for a no show.

We can win this one. Just hope we dont revert to Lyon in the 6.

Awesome - where did you hear about Choc and Lyon mate?

Cool...but like Wheel said, Finch and Mateo is a much tougher prospect than Smith / Finch.

Scans on Choc were worse than originally thought  :'(

+ other injuries, I might have to go with dans sentiments on this one

Jatz Crackers link said:
A birdie and a friend.

Both injuroies are not serious stuff.

You were talking about the birdie and your Friend right?  :)

Most likly Team:

6.Menzies
7.Orford
8.King
9.Ballin
10.Perry
11.Kite
12.Stewart
13.Williamson

Cuthbo, Hall, Bryant, Le Strange = Afamasaga Ommitted

this is not my preferred team but it is just going on Des's Trend, Menzies always goes to 5/8 williamson goes to Lock, Perry Starts, Prop Kite to 2nd Row.

Cuthbo IMO does have greater impact from the bench but as for Bryant.......cough

deadlyeagle link said:
[quote author=Jatz Crackers link=topic=177318.msg182228#msg182228 date=1208154333]
A birdie and a friend.

Both injuroies are not serious stuff.

You were talking about the birdie and your Friend right?  :)

Most likly Team:

6.Menzies
7.Orford
8.King
9.Ballin
10.Perry
11.Kite
12.Stewart
13.Williamson

Cuthbo, Hall, Bryant, Le Strange = Afamasaga Ommitted

this is not my preferred team but it is just going on Des's Trend, Menzies always goes to 5/8 williamson goes to Lock, Perry Starts, Prop Kite to 2nd Row.

Cuthbo IMO does have greater impact from the bench but as for Bryant.......cough
[/quote]

Yep. My info was wrong.

The changes to the run on side from what is posted today as the team will be interesting, and say a lot about wether Des can handle making positional changes to suit the day.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6