Can we beat Storm?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Speaking of speed I don't think Saab has gotten good ball since the Bulldogs game

I also think Hughes is better tham DCE in current form

We won't have played against an team of note in the run-up to the Storm game. We may be in for a bit of a shock.
That's probably due to the fact there are really only five other team's of note in the entire competition. We did smash the Eels. The boys will be well and truly up for the game against the Storm.

Hughes is on fire.
What's with this? He played one game for Gold coast in 2013, then nothing until one game for Cows in 2016, 4 games for Storm in 2017, 11 in 2018.
Didn't nail down a full time NRL spot until aged 24, in 2019, and even then was moving between fullback and the halves.
Now he is one of the top players.
Bit like Hynes, relatively late bloomers.
It's why I'm often skeptical when some fans are always calling for the inclusion of the youngest new shiny junior star.
In fact our own Croker is a bit similar, only just establishing himself in first grade now, at 24.

That's probably due to the fact there are really only five other team's of note in the entire competition. We did smash the Eels. The boys will be well and truly up for the game against the Storm.
And we haven't played any of them in 9 weeks by the time we play the Drizzle. It will be a
HUGE difference. Hardest game of the year so far...easily. Go hard boys. I wouldn't mind resting Foz and Kelpie for the Tigpies game.

Marty and Paseka might get a rest sometime before finals too. Not till we get a couple of troops back though.

Hughes is on fire.
What's with this? He played one game for Gold coast in 2013, then nothing until one game for Cows in 2016, 4 games for Storm in 2017, 11 in 2018.
Didn't nail down a full time NRL spot until aged 24, in 2019, and even then was moving between fullback and the halves.
Now he is one of the top players.
Bit like Hynes, relatively late bloomers.
It's why I'm often skeptical when some fans are always calling for the inclusion of the youngest new shiny junior star.
In fact our own Croker is a bit similar, only just establishing himself in first grade now, at 24.
Bellamy is a phenomenal coach

We need to play the long game here. Top 4 is a reach right now in my opinion. We need to cement that 5th spot coz it will give us quite a favourable run during the finals. An 8th side we should breeze by, then Rabbitohs or Parra in week 2 and then Penrith with a one-armed cleary in the prelims. I reckon looking at our draw, we got tigers, sharks, melbourne and parra as our next four games. In these four games we should play our best possible side. We will get our strongest side this year against tigers, win that and hopefully the sharks game as well. And ride that momentum to our biggest test of the season, Melbourne Storm. See how we fair against them and Parra with our strongest side to give us an indication for finals. And then for our last three games, start resting players. We got fantastic prop depth, so give taupau and paseka a rest. Chez and Tom should also be rested for the dogs game. Foz and Schuster for the cowboys game as well maybe. Whatever works best for us. A very exciting few months awaits us, but all we know, unless a disaster occurs, we will be playing finals footy once again. Which is exciting in itself. Let's all just pray for a good run home with less to no injuries PLZZZZ!

Pour quoi pas?

Why not?

The Sea Eagles have the potential with their power, finesse and speed to reduce the Storm to a piddling puddle.....

Last edited:
Arm grabbing and shoulders are not effective when you do not have the pace to keep up in the race feathered friend because
If Jurbo plays i think we can contain Storm well enough. The test will come when Dylan subs on into the middle. Think that is why Keppie plays some 2row

Speaking of speed I don't think Saab has gotten good ball since the Bulldogs game

Club form yes but DCE QLD form i think nudges him ahead again from me (winning in that game, vs flogging the knights quality sides is a big diff)

Turbo > any fullback (1)
JAC > Saab
Olam > Parker
Hynes > Harper (Hynes will play centre when papenhuyzen is back)
Garrick > Smith (2)
Munster > Foran (3)
DCE > Hughes
Bromwich > Paseka (not by heaps)
Grant >> Croker
Welch > Taupau (close)
Olakau’atu > Kaufusi (close) (4)
Schuster > Bromwich (close) (5)
Trbojevic > Finucane (6)

Cheese > Walker
Aloiai > Kamikamica (close) (7)
NAS > Keppie
Lawton > Eisenhuth (8)

I have us having 8/17 players over them, so pretty even.

Turbo is much better than any of their players (even Munster), if he shows up it could be the difference. The problem is that both their hookers (Grant and Smith) tear ours apart...
You give Munster the nod over Foz but give us the (3) for Foz being ahead of him!
I think we can beat them but it relies on every player putting in a 8 or 9/10 performance, something that the Storm are very good at themselves. Consistently squeezing everything from each player is why they are one of the 2 teams to beat.

You give Munster the nod over Foz but give us the (3) for Foz being ahead of him!
I think we can beat them but it relies on every player putting in a 8 or 9/10 performance, something that the Storm are very good at themselves. Consistently squeezing everything from each player is why they are one of the 2 teams to beat.
Accident there.
7/17 guess it will be a tough game, tommy needs to count for 3-4

I highly doubt this fantastic MWSE squad is ready for what the Storm have...yet. We will be much better equipped to handle them if we meet a second time. Of course, anything can happen. 40- nil.

He has been better all season. Im expecting a massive game from cherry next week v tigers. He always kills them :cool: from there he can build to the storm game

To beat the Storm is to have less errors than them and take our opportunities when given to score points .Pretty confidence and cannot wait .

Come on mate, of course we can, but that’s not saying we will either.
Melbourne have created a special self belief and a winning aura, one that most other sides revere, which I believe has a pre game effect on the mental approach of other sides, whether sub consciously or otherwise.

I say fuk them there just a football side, yes a very good one, but still just a footy side which of course makes them beatable, it has to start with self belief and the will to get the job done, 2 teams, 1 winner, so think like a winner, play like a winner, be a winner, that’s what they do, they have built their whole approach around being winners, not wanting to win, not hoping to win, just winning, whatever it takes, hard not to admire them and what they constantly achieve, but the thing is they are beatable.

Oh and just because it’s hard not to admire the way they go about their footy, doesn’t mean it’s hard to despise them. I would love nothing more than to see our boys roll them in the GF or knock them out on the way if that’s how it rolls. Hope thats how the boys feel and think, it won’t be easy, but anything worth something never is and to achieve glory beating them is going to have to be part of the process.

So can we beat them? OF COURSE WE CAN

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4