Can the Fowards Lift

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

maxta

First Grader
Premium Member
I think yes, but enough to match the big guns in the finals??
If they are to do this I think the Keys are King & Lui.
With no Gift & the massive loss of Buhrer its a huge task & an absolute no brainer the area every team will attack us will be directly up the guts...
Theres been wish lists & all sorts of threads about the Manly pack, but now the test ahead is 1 of the most challenging I have witnessed as a Manly supporter.
If this side can overcome so much adversity to claim the 2014 premiership it would have to be the gutsiest effort ever & thats exactly what it will require.

They can but I see Week 1 as crucial. If we can win next week and get the MP we will have an 'easier' (it could still be very hard) first semi. If we lose it's the Rabbits or Roosters.

If we can get a win week 1 and have the week off I think it helps our forwards chances massively. 4 straight weeks of final (like last year) really wears you down.

Crucial to me is also not only the forwards to lift, but the backs to aid. Skivvi has shown his willingness to hurtle at the defensive line. Jorge and Peta need to do more of this too.

Yep they can. But i agree that week 1 is crucial. Winning and getting the forwards a two week break is cucial to our chances in the semi. Lose and i still see them making the semi but i think the forwards will struggle mightily to contain the big rooster or souths packs. Jorge has to take more darts from dummy half like steve. We seem to really struggle coming off our own line lately. First tackle after a long kick we need a quick run out of dummy half before we can be pinned down by the defence

Hope they can mate. There were entire sets of 6 against Penrith where a forward did not carry the ball.

Steve Matai did more forward work than most of the forwards.

We are not laying a platform to work off; we have become reliant on our backline to produce disco stuff, which goes bad sometimes.

There is so much to play for.

The media and majority of the NRL world want a Rorters v Vermin final, we wont get any thing like them in relation to publicity.

We need our forwards to stand up, no excuses and give our backline the chance to win us games.

0081c5d5b42f93cff6b48d0c66a31221.jpg

bro.jpg

Obviously we are up to our neck in this years premiership race, but if we happen to fall short, I wonder what plans the club have in order bolster the pack?! We could not afford Glenn Stewart (apparently), so it leaves you wondering what the club will do moving forward to remain competitive with an obvious lack of front row depth.

Lui & JSL have lifted. Choc never puts it down and King is on a mission. T red is looking better on the right already.

Our forwards dont have to be anything spectacular. No cheap dropped balls and just need to hold their own in defence. They dont need to be dominant just cant be dominated. Our backs will do the rest

JSL was high energy towards the end of the game on Sunday, a bit goofy but his energy was definitely a factor

I love watching JSL. You're right Dan he is very goofy. Seems like a fun loving footy player who knows he is blessed to play for the mighty Eagles

We have shown this year that we can mix it with the best of them . Our forwards can lift .

Of course our forwards can lift. Most of Us have seen vision of them in the gym and I guess Donny would be in-the-know on just who "lifts" best, lol.

Seriously if finals and the departure of Kingy and Gifty don't motivate the men, 2V will be onto it, don't you worry!

There's too much experience, class and desire in our 2014-model to not feel quietly confident we've got a damn good shot at this year's crown!

Ferris is a loss, and it's terrible luck for the guy.

But, I felt Horo looked refreshed and fired up in his return on Sunday.

Apart from being concerned just how "fit" Ballin and BJ are, my only lingering concern remains Hasson...

He really needs to lift his energy and ball-control again, and frankly if it was my choice, I'd have Tyson Andrews in Jame's shirt, off the bench Saturday night. He can slot in at prop or 2nd-row and came to Us from the QLD Cup. (You could bet he'd be extra-keen to impress back up North on a big-stage).

Andrews would add some much needed "controlled aggression" and authority to the 17 as well.

In fact, there's basically only 2 minor problems I see in this year's squad.

A touch lacking in pure speed; and that "mongrel".

We are still no.1 after 25 rounds.....I'm pretty stoked with that right now.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4