Can the Eagles win on Sunday???

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
This may have been covered off earlier in the week, BUT a weeks a long time in the game as we know.So can we win at Brookvale on Sunday???

Clearly we can, and we certainly need to if the 2009 season is going to get back on track!!

Key areas (as I see them).

1) We are at home, and that's a major plus.
2) Des will have them "firing" after last weeks debacle
3) The Brett suspension issue has largely been off the radar this week
4) There "should" be massive home crowd support, after all it's the first home game of the season

Who has to perfrom / improve and why.

a) The team as a whole in defence, we leaked  those trys last week and will continue to leak them if that's not fixed, sure we are missing a few players BUT they need to put more into that area.
b) Bailey will be better for his first run, it's going to take time and we need to be patient but he needs to show he's trying (this isn't me being critical just stating facts).
c) The backrowers did bugger all last week, MIA for most of the game, THEY need to lift.
d) I asume Josh is back, we have to hope so as we are going to need him and Kitey at full charge to counter Steve Price, who at 35 is a legend (and I am saying this as a former NSW resident and Blues supporter).Jason King off the bench will be an important player tomorrow.
e) The backs need to work together, especially in defence to help the new players.
f) Robbo (god love him) isn't Brett Stewart and I don't expect him to be, so we are going to have to alter our attack to adjust for this, not easy after having the same attack for 12 months but it can be done.

Your thoughts everyone???

Great news with Josh Perry back his power running and big hits should be a good boost for the side.

Des would have drummed it home to the boys all week during training about last weeks game i expect it will be a far different side this week with whole side lifting big time.

Manly by 16

Yes Mark, the communication thing is critical especially out wide where we will be targetted.  If the boys hold the forwards then i can see us putting on plenty of points.  It'll be hot and the ground firm so that's in our favour.  . 

I am pretty confident today, fine & sunny will be about 27 degrees at kick off.  They have lost a few players, Michael Luck does a lot of work for them in the middle and he will be missed.

Hopefully Chris Bailey bring his boots & our wingers hold their own.  We don't have a lot of points in us at the moment so our defence will have to be up to scatch.

See you there at 3:00 PM

Of course I think we can win, but my main concern is who is going to handle Big Manu if he is switched on.

Well, we must be back in season, because my thoughts have changed about 100 times this weekend on the game, from huge confidence we will win to no confidence at all

I hope we can, because with the way things have been for me this week, if we don't, I will get hammered all bloody week

Like last week they will attack the rookie wingers (note I still consider Bani a rookie, the centres have to do their job and help these guys otherwise if big Manu is on fire the score could be anything.

I'm confident they will do much better this week but not confident they will win, but at least if they turn up and try I'd be a happier chappy, last week no one turned up!!

I think Des will have the outside backs primed to climb all over Manu everytime he gets the ball.  Stop him getting a roll on.  I wish Robbo was on the wing.   

Just watching the Sunday Footy Show, and they think Jones will be starting, so I would pick them to line up like this

6. Moon
7. Jones
9. Fien
13.Henderson

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9