Can someone remind me why we have the Bunker?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Just saw why there is a bunker in the Warriors v Cows. Try decision overturned by a foot on the sideline that no one could possibly have seen in real time.

I thought he was out, live.

Refs just need to make better decisions, instead of awarding everything and letting the bunker decide.

The bunker exists to employ idiots who have never played nrl and basically have minimal interest in nrl. Said idiots would not find employment elsewhere and certainly would not get paid anything like they currently do with the nrl. Call it jobs for the boys if you like. Outside of that it serves very little purpose

I'll go you one better, and I'm pleased Bobinson picked it up in the press conference. Not that I wanted the roosters to win but Collins scored on the line yesterday the bunker has two quick looks at it and says no evidence to overturn it when normally they check whether the player tied double knots properly in his boots on the way out of the dressing room, all because the ducking pass from Keary in the lead up was two metres forward and would have caused the refs no end of controversy in the media if it was awarded in the following week
I watched the highlights. Cheese was lucky to get his try, seemed short. Collins seemed short too, and a blatant forward pass in the lead up.

Again, after watching the Melbourne V Brisbane match, I continue to see The Bunker turning our sport into a laughing stock. There were so many inconsistencies in rulings -- not the least being when it choses to get involved -- that surely even the staunchest defender of this technological nit-wit must be having doubts about its worth.

Surely the bunker should have looked at the last try by the storm as the ball clearly came off Olam's head and there was no knock on

Surely the bunker should have looked at the last try by the storm as the ball clearly came off Olam's head and there was no knock on
That sh** call Cost me the $$$ - so bet responsibly and just as importantly, hope the refs, touchies and dumbass bunkers don't cost you :wait: ....worse still forgetting about winning the dollars, say that was a GF and Storm are down by 2 points and they can't review it ?
In fact, to see Bellamy's face maybe almost worth it >:)

As well as that call was the joke Donkey penalty try, then taking the Melbourne try off them because the winger was apparently a toenail in front of the kicker. How can the Bunker be so nit-picking when it doesn't interfere with the most obvious referee howlers, nor when a forward pass/backwards pass occurs?
We brought in The Bunker to eliminate howlers, so how come we have so many of them in each match?

The ref should of let play go on, then look at it after Coates's put down. It was a no brainer, ref could be in NSW cup next week.

I sympathise with all the split-second decisions refs have to make. It has been getting progressively more difficult with new rules added each season. But all sport is built on human endeavours and failings. As long as we have refs that rule without fear or favour on what they see, or think they see, then our sport will survive. It's the implied threat of bias, gambling, and the dangers of bribery, that threatens it.
Introducing The Bunker and the flawed rules surrounding when it can and cannot intercede, has not eliminated officiating mistakes. It has simply complicated what we once used to accept: the on-field ref's decision is final and needs to be accepted at all times.

Annesley came out and said this:

“Part of the role of the Bunker is to pick the angle that gives them the best view, in order to make a decision. Sometimes under pressure, under time constraints they won’t always look at the best available view.

F...M...D

So you spent all this $$$$ on the bunker, have one excuse on loop (players make mistakes toooooo)
but then you guys go...ah don't have the time to get it right, flip a friggen coin.

(this is when annesley usually goes on about the 90+% correctness rate of refs even though we're talking about the bunker.)

I think hockey took 6 mins the other night to make sure they got a decision right, which they did, unless you're a toronto fan - but screw those jerks.

wow. good job nrl, you really are amateur hour.

The ridiculousness of The Bunker was all to see when it was reviewing the Saab try from the bounce ball. Because they can't rule on forward passes they tried to manufacture a reason to overturn the try. Did Guacca get a finger on the ball? - microscopes at the ready. Did a defender get impeded in some way?
"Please, quick. Surely we can find an excuse we can use to overturn the try.... please, anyone, any ideas?"

When you have the ultimate judge hamstrung by dumb rules -- which impacted Manly last week against Penrith -- then it is an ineffective tool and is impeding justice more so than helping decision making.
Ironically, when The Bunker cracks down on the most insignificant tackles in every match it somehow stays mute when Sandwich is clearly hurt by a dangerous tackle.
I guess The Bunker must have popped out for a leek. No worries; it's only Manly!

Just fire it into the Sun, preferably with Annensley at the control panel.

It adds nothing but errors and controversy.......on second thoughts, that is probably what the NRL actually want.

Any press is good press.

The bunker was originally set up for little dictators to ......(wrong story)

The bunker was originally set up to adjudicate on contentious tries, both of the scoring and preliminary setup, but nothing else.

It has now become its own dictatorial enclave where it attempts to micromanage every decision the ref makes or doesn't make. It would appear to be constantly the "eye in the sky" advising the ref how to do his job.

This is all wrong and we should go back to basics - OK for slow motion assistance on try scoring, but that's all!

The bunker was originally set up for little dictators to ......(wrong story)

The bunker was originally set up to adjudicate on contentious tries, both of the scoring and preliminary setup, but nothing else.
But, not if that 'try' came from a forward pass, and only if that 'try' happened on the ultimate play in a set. So, Blind Freddy can see that a 'try' is not a 'try' but The Bunker can't rule on it.
Either you have The Bunker to rule on everything so you get 'perfect' decisions for the entire match (which would stretch to three hours like gridiron) or you go back to the way the sport was intended, to have on-field referees and linespeople to rule on everything. And their decisions are final.
The very essence of sport is its uncertainty.
These days we have uncertainty on a two-minute delay.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7