Can someone please explain to me..

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Why it is that DCE is signed until the end of 2013 and other clubs are chasing his signature now??? are they signing him for 2014?? (I understand he has no get out clause)

Why is it that if T-Rex signed a new 2 year contract with Manly after last years GF (disregarding the Hasler get out clause) he comes out and says he doesnt want to leave his Manly mates...he doesn't have to, he is signed for two seasons??

Seems to be a lot of math being done but I cant add it up...please advise????

I think he wants an upgrade because he has performed so well so he probably has something in his contract stating he can leave for a better offer. Or something. i dunno. its just the only reasonable explanation.

As for Trex, i think the media are being the usual bull****ting morons.

AS far as I am aware, we are trying to upgrade his contract to keep him longer then what he is contracted to. the downside is we will have to pay him more for the years he is already contracted for. Its a good faith gesture. He is worth more then his current contract and by upgrading it we keep him off the market and in a manly jersey for more years.

Thsts why its ****ed. They should only be allowed to shop around when in their final year. This is a joke.

I understand he needs a contract upgrade.

The media keeps bleating on about several clubs chasing him. So if he signs elsewhere, he either plays for us for the next two seasons then leaves, or he breaks his contract? i dont understand.

cliffythegreat said:
I understand he needs a contract upgrade.

The media keeps bleating on about several clubs chasing him. So if he signs elsewhere, he either plays for us for the next two seasons then leaves, or he breaks his contract? i dont understand.
Prob plays for next 2 seasons then leaves. Maloney signed with the chooks last year but doesnt start til 2013 im pretty sure.

Let's not forget he is still contracted for another two years on probably around $150,000, if he signs for another club now, [ which is unlikely] the club isn't obligated to upgrade his contract before he goes.
However if he signs an extended upgraded contract he receives his upgraded fee immediately, so the odds of him signing with us are greatly in our favour.

Peter C said:
Let's not forget he is still contracted for another two years on probably around $150,000, if he signs for another club now, [ which is unlikely] the club isn't obligated to upgrade his contract before he goes.
However if he signs an extended upgraded contract he receives his upgraded fee immediately, so the odds of him signing with us are greatly in our favour.
That sounds promising but it Wouldn't suprise me if souths threw 1m a season at him. Theyre stupid enough to.

Contract upgrade my left one. I am told every player has clauses in their contracts that covers them for

1 playing x amount of games in first grade

2 various degrees of upgrades for rep footy from origin to international etc

3 playing in final series.

4 playing in a premiership winning side.

5 winning awards like dally m etc.

The only difference is the sign on fee. Players like Wolfman would be earning more that DCE via sign on. But that would of been negated somewhat when DCE earned an Aussie jersey and rookie of the year.

I could be wrong but that's how I understand it.

Peter C said:

That would be the case if contracts actually meant something. If both parties agree the chances are the player can start playing for another club right away.

Shane Richardson said on the radio today that the Herald article caught him completely by surprise and that there was no truth to any suggestion. It was a long discussion about signings etc.

How can anyone know for sure a club will keep within the cap when they don't know who will be paid bonuses for representing, winning the premiership etc.
There must be a lot of guesswork. It must be more precise than this.

cliffythegreat said:
Why it is that DCE is signed until the end of 2013 and other clubs are chasing his signature now??? are they signing him for 2014?? (I understand he has no get out clause)

Why is it that if T-Rex signed a new 2 year contract with Manly after last years GF (disregarding the Hasler get out clause) he comes out and says he doesnt want to leave his Manly mates...he doesn't have to, he is signed for two seasons??

Seems to be a lot of math being done but I cant add it up...please advise????

because he has an option to get out off next year's contract

bob dylan said:
Contract upgrade my left one. I am told every player has clauses in their contracts that covers them for

1 playing x amount of games in first grade

2 various degrees of upgrades for rep footy from origin to international etc

3 playing in final series.

4 playing in a premiership winning side.

5 winning awards like dally m etc.

The only difference is the sign on fee. Players like Wolfman would be earning more that DCE via sign on. But that would of been negated somewhat when DCE earned an Aussie jersey and rookie of the year.

I could be wrong but that's how I understand it.

I am only speculating, but would assume this to be incorrect. Otherwise if a team wins the GF, has the Dally M player, and has large numbers of players in Rep footy, then you either overspend the cap, or have to leave plenty available and risk not having spent enough of the cap if you have a bad year.

I thought for Rep footy the NRL pays extra to the players, and this is not included as part of the cap.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4