Can Manly win the 2024 Premiership after beating the 3 time Premiers Penrith at Brookie today?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I have had no doubt we will win the premiership since January. Whether we won or lost against Penrith last night wouldn’t change my mind. When Saab and lodge return we will be unstoppable.

I know Manly have the potential to "give it a shake", but need much improvement, which I feel is very possible as combinations will improve and Lodge and the flying Saab will add plenty
I seen the Penrith game a great win and don't wanna deflate the situation, but if anyone seen the GF last year, the addition of Cleary adds heaps more strike, in fact without Cleary in the GF Penrith go from winning to losing by 16+ imo
That said this Manly juggernaut is building and has at least another 25% improvement due to combinations becoming far better, plus inclusion of key players as mentioned
The thing is, only feel the St George game was a terrible performance namely due to lack of attitude.
The Eels loss I hated but can live with, as they made some poor errors, but had a serious dig and to be honest, I can't remember a Manly side since the golden era play a better first 15 minutes in that particular game
My answer is 100% Manly a Premiership threat, but I base that more on their overall potential more so than the win over a Clearyless Penrith

Manly , since our last appearance in a grand final, lacks consistency. So just because we beat penrith at home (minus cleary) and some lucky calls , does not make it anywhere near certainty that we will win anything. We are still too much of a Rocks and diamonds team, to predict our fortunes in 24.

No. We are still what we have been for the last 10 years - sometimes good and just as often bad.

Last edited:
No serious injuries to the major players. Improved defense. I suspect the Burbo centre option with Garrick on the wing needs serious looking at. Consistency, not dropping the ball like against the Dragons and Eels. If they can maintain those issues and form, yes they are a decent chance.

I think Paulo has scope to become a decent asset… not convinced on Talau but he did look very good when he was at the tigpies…

Oh… and yes we can win… or we could miss finals…

Team needs to put less distance between our good performances and our bad performances which will build confidence and give us a chance of believing we can win our way through the finals…

I have no doubt that there is the makings of a very good football team wearing maroon and white and I am absolutely amazed that Luke Brooks (a guy I did not rate as a player for the better part of a decade) is the reason our team looks an actual premiership contender now… he might not do it himself but he gives us real strike power on either side of the ruck and he engages the line so well…
I can't believe that I'm agreeing with your positive comments about Luke Brooks.
He has been sensational so far this season playing for Manly.
It isn't just his attacking play that is creating possibilities around the ruck, offloading to our fast moving second-rowers who burst through the opposition defence, to then offload to our even faster backs.
It's Lukes outstanding defence that I've witnessed in 2024 for Manly that has saved certain tries.
I've seen Luke bring down massive forwards with an incredible technique that have left me in awe.

I don't think there would be a Manly supporter that would mind if Luke was
The Clive Churchill Medallist in a winning Sea Eagles team in 2024.

Go Manly!!!!!!

No serious injuries to the major players. Improved defense. I suspect the Burbo centre option with Garrick on the wing needs serious looking at. Consistency, not dropping the ball like against the Dragons and Eels. If they can maintain those issues and form, yes they are a decent chance.
Think Ben's centre days are largely over. He lacks pace and footwork. But is a handy emergency stop-gap.

We're a top 8 team, if playing well top 4. Give it some time to know for sure but we're in this for sure.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8