Can Manly support the 2 highest paid NRL players?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
He was about the only player with any heart, effort and passion the last couple of weeks. Chased down some long breaks. Never gave up,

DCE is on 1.25 because of the Titans... Turbos got $2M coz of the Dogs...
If you continually let players of their calibre walk year after year then you end up not playing finals for 10 years like the Tigers (think Tapau, JAC, Teddy, Moses etc etc)
Not on 1.25 because of the Titans, he's on that sort of money because the stupid management at Manly at the time wanted to fit both Foran and DCE into the team and the initial offer to DCE was a fair bit less than what he was expecting.
Titans offered around 1million, he would have stayed with us for less than that, blame Foran for that as he was always going to go to the slime and we could have locked in DCE from the beginning, saving around 300k.

Not on 1.25 because of the Titans, he's on that sort of money because the stupid management at Manly at the time wanted to fit both Foran and DCE into the team and the initial offer to DCE was a fair bit less than what he was expecting.
Titans offered around 1million, he would have stayed with us for less than that, blame Foran for that as he was always going to go to the slime and we could have locked in DCE from the beginning, saving around 300k.
yeah gotta admit, I wanted them to keep Foran at the time but Foz bent us over to get more out of Parra and by then Chez had bought into the Gold Coast (literally) so he looked managment in the eye and said "Do you love me?"

DCE will be 32 next pre season
He has 2021 to deliver a premiership, possibly 2022.
Personally, I think he can do it with a tweak to the squad and fit Turbo.
But if 2021 is similar to this year, we should deal him out of the club.
Great player, but not worth the coin he is on
Disagree, we really don't know what sort of money he's on, and what sort of third party agreement he could be on.
How many games has he pulled us back from the death?, don't worry about his age, his standard hasn't dropped, but the standard of the team has due to injuries etc.
If we did offload him we would still have to in all probability contribute to some of his contract, which will leave us enough money to buy, someone like Luke Brooks, Brodie Croft, Adam Clune, Kodi Nikorima,Corey Norman, Chad Townsend, etc etc etc, I don't think so

Unless DCE gets exactly the same money (or more) at another club there is now way we could get rid of him without covering some or all of his cost...which would mean replacing him with a far cheaper player...at 7....not exactly easy in the NRL

spot on stupid management. theres no way we had to link his salary to the cap forever. idiots panicked and got suckered

I think we have paid overs for Jake. Outside of JT and now Fafita, is any 2nd rower paid more?

If Tom plays 9 out of every 10 games, the 1.1 seems about right. If he maintains 5 or less out of 10, we r in trouble.

They have not taken unders by the looks of it thou.

jake doesnt get 900k anywhere else without his brother. hes not worth 900k as a solo act. he doesnt have the impact on games a bloke on the much coin should have.

jake doesnt get 900k anywhere else without his brother. hes not worth 900k as a solo act. he doesnt have the impact on games a bloke on the much coin should have.
Agree this year but last year he did... he was slipping short passes, barging over off short passes and playmaking...
Hes a different player this year and I cant help thinking that losing Manase and Api has a lot to do with it...

The players wages have been published in the daily Tele so they must be very reliable. Or an educated guess. Or just an uneducated guess, whatever. All the players love to tell the journos the details of their deals.

Sorry, that was tongue in cheek. Of course the players don't love to tell the journos what their wages are.
But their managers do, that's where the journos get the hot tips. And who wouldn't trust a player manager?

Agree this year but last year he did... he was slipping short passes, barging over off short passes and playmaking...
Hes a different player this year and I cant help thinking that losing Manase and Api has a lot to do with it...

i agree the lack of attacking options means that with no tommy him and dce gonna get all the attention from oppos defence. we miss a dummy half that offers a threat. im still not sure he was worth 900k last year either but me reckons there arent that many forwards that are as a rule

Teddy has the fullback spot locked down. But if Tom isn’t right and if Melbourne happen to win the comp, you can’t look past him for a position on the wing or the 14 jumper.
Maybe, but he's not a winger or centre, more likely to have Gutherson there though.

We can if they both play to their utmost potential. They are both match winners. Problem is that 1 hardly ever plays and the other isn't anywhere near as affective without him.

Definitely paid too much. Maybe a few injury free years and top performance he deserves a mill like tedesco.too much too soon. But current prices for top liners is ridiculous ATM.
Remember Gutho , Turbo will come good , but i think he should sit the season out and come back next year after a good break.

Hg and Roy used to rank players in terms of Kevin Hardwicks, given he epitomised the average player. So a superstar was 4 hardwicks, and a hopeless player was half a hardwick.

but you can’t win a premiership with 17 hardwicks.

Mr Penn has a few brown paper bags in his head office
So our future is bright feathered friends

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4