Can Manly support the 2 highest paid NRL players?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Seems to be not problem at the Roosters.

They have the games number 1 player in Tedesco, NSW Origin Captain (Cordner) and then went out and picked up Cooper Cronk, Luke Keary and Angus Creighton.

I have said in other threads for the past two seasons, maybe we will need to consider shopping around DCE

Problem is can replace him with a better player? Highly unlikely.

Can we afford to pay him $1.3mil for another 3 season? Also highly unlikely.

Gonna be interesting watching this play out. Of course if DCE and the Turbo's deliver a premiership in that time there will be no problem nor complaints.

If Croker is on anywhere near 350 k then manly is his Alan bond.

I still wouldn’t be happy with him in our squad if he was in minimum wage.

I thought we had exactly the same salary cap?

My mistake or is it we cant manage it.
Not your mistake at all buddy. The Rorters probably have 1M more in TPA's plus unknown "donations" from benevolent benefactors that make up a player's contracted price.

A TPA lowers a contract's cut of the cap and UNDISCLOSED "donations" allow the player to be signed for less money, which in turn lowers the cap impact.

We have apparently 300k of TPA's over over our squad and i would guess the Rorters probably have 2 or 3 players getting 300K top-up's each, PLUS others.

No, we don't manage our cap well...we spend 3.3M of probably 10.2M on just 3 players. We are paying players as if we have the 12 or 13M the Rorters spend.

Snake wanted to play. Barrett retired him instead.
Manly still paid him to sit... and then we paid Watmough to sit somewhere else (I think)... our salary cap 'management' has been frustrating to say the least - especially for a team who once came up with the $1 barman concept...

I think we have paid overs for Jake. Outside of JT and now Fafita, is any 2nd rower paid more?

If Tom plays 9 out of every 10 games, the 1.1 seems about right. If he maintains 5 or less out of 10, we r in trouble.

They have not taken unders by the looks of it thou.
Yeah we prob could have saved $150k on Jake and $100k on Tom. Problem is the Dogs were about to completely break the bank on them frm what I heard. We needed to pay them to keep them and that’s what we did. I still believe fafita is being payed way too much. Also if dce was on $200k les a year that would help. That’s an extra $450k right there for Alex Johnson or someone else. These contracts are the reality of the nrl landscape these days unless ur Easts. Could be worse tho we could have Ben hunt at 1.2 a year

DCE is on 1.25 because of the Titans... Turbos got $2M coz of the Dogs...
If you continually let players of their calibre walk year after year then you end up not playing finals for 10 years like the Tigers (think Tapau, JAC, Teddy, Moses etc etc)

We are middle of the pack on TPAs not paupers.

Truth is we have no idea what our top players are taking out of the cap when you taking into account TPAs, marque allowances, bonuses, payment structures and long service discounts.

We paid overs for DCE as we stuffed up going for Foran when DCE was happy to take 800k. We paid unders for the Trbojevic's compared to what over clubs were paying.

Sure we can let our top liners go and have a squad full of 400k players but that will get us nowhere either.

Also Papy.....give me a break, good player but not in the top 5 fullbacks in the game

DCE will be 32 next pre season
He has 2021 to deliver a premiership, possibly 2022.
Personally, I think he can do it with a tweak to the squad and fit Turbo.
But if 2021 is similar to this year, we should deal him out of the club.
Great player, but not worth the coin he is on

DCE will be 32 next pre season
He has 2021 to deliver a premiership, possibly 2022.
Personally, I think he can do it with a tweak to the squad and fit Turbo.
But if 2021 is similar to this year, we should deal him out of the club.
Great player, but not worth the coin he is on
I agree that the DCE deal was crackers from a club's viewpoint and I trust whoever negotiated it is in exile. However, are you suggesting we offer him to another club - say, the Titans - for $600,000 and still have to pay $500,000 of his salary to play against us?

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4