Can Kite & King stand up...

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I have the feeling that Scott has a damaged shoulder from last weeks effort. It would be good if he has.

Jatz Crackers said:
mozgrame said:
globaleagle said:
mickqld said:
globaleagle said:
Does it still work if we all know you're faking it though?

How dare you accuse me of faking it. All my orgasms are real.

Really? I fake all mine!

So...you find orgasms to be anti climatic?

You like to discuss the weather during intimate moments ?
I seem to experience dry periods on a monthly basis. Wet patches for the remainder. I wonder if Global warming to the task a bit slower, and relaxing would help?

mozgrame said:
Kite will, Kingy needs to cool his aggression a little, but he'll hold his own. The bench will have to stand up this week. I'm hoping for no injuries so the bench can be fully utilised as Tooves sees fit.
Ashton Sims is another to watch on their forward rotation. He has been solid all year for them and seems to have stood taller after Tariq's injury.

I agree about Kingy. Sometimes he is so intent on making a physical statement he can get distracted from his game. I think that happened a bit last week and Ennis got under his skin. Can't allow that to happen this week. The most disciplined side will win on friday and that's just not about giving away penalties. Its about the side most willing to stick to the game plan and work for the entire 80 minutes that will come out on top.

When Kite and King fire Manly win.

Nothing new there though, it applies to all teams props.

bob dylan said:

Theres some difference here imo Bob, the Tamou/Scott frontrow is the BEST in the NRL. Tbh I cant see King & Kite dominating here but if they can get within a points decision & not lose by KO we will win.
The major difference is other NRL teams dont boast Bowen & JT who can arguably pile on points quicker than any other team behind a dominent platform.
This is Kite & Kings biggest test to date imo & I think they can get the job done.

Looking at the way Kitey has been playing the last few weeks I get the feeling that the rumours of his imminent departure must be true. He is playing like every game may be his last in the mighty maroon and white. He is really putting in, so that's good for us. It'd be lovely to send him off with another premiership, he has been a great clubman. So crucial in our 2008 win and big effort last year as well, he's like our GF talisman.

Chip and Chase said:
Looking at the way Kitey has been playing the last few weeks I get the feeling that the rumours of his imminent departure must be true. He is playing like every game may be his last in the mighty maroon and white. He is really putting in, so that's good for us. It'd be lovely to send him off with another premiership, he has been a great clubman. So crucial in our 2008 win and big effort last year as well, he's like our GF talisman.

I reckon Kitey has been like that for most of the season to be honest. I think he's had a terrific year.

MK Eagle said:
bob dylan said:

Theres some difference here imo Bob, the Tamou/Scott frontrow is the BEST in the NRL. Tbh I cant see King & Kite dominating here but if they can get within a points decision & not lose by KO we will win.
The major difference is other NRL teams dont boast Bowen & JT who can arguably pile on points quicker than any other team behind a dominent platform.
This is Kite & Kings biggest test to date imo & I think they can get the job done.

Disagree with them being the best, 2 fine players indeed but not in the class of the Manly boys who have proved over 6 season how good they are. 2 Premierships and multiple finals wins etc etc

They dont always lay a great foundation for Thurston and Bowen and thats why they finished 5th this year.

Scott is injured by the way and is nowhere near 100%.

I expect Kite and King to dominate them as many teams did this year.

Below are the stats for the forwards from last weekend:

Minutes Hitups Metres Tackles Errors Penalties

Jason King 42 7 49 18 1 1
Matt Ballin 80 5 39 51 0 0
Brent Kite 42 12 87 30 0 0
A Watmough 80 17 123 28 1 1
Tony Williams 80 18 154 15 3 0
Glenn Stewart 80 8 44 27 1 0
Joe Galuvao 18 9 66 6 0 0
Jamie Buhrer 57 9 64 14 2 0
Darcy Lussick 44 12 127 20 0 0
Vic Mauro 14 3 15 10 0 0

What these stats show me is that Joe G didn't get enough game time, Lussick was our best performing forward and Jason King was our worst. With Buhrer going to centre, it highlights even more that our bench wasn't used to it's full.

Ralphie said:
What these stats show me is that Joe G didn't get enough game time, Lussick was our best performing forward and Jason King was our worst. With Buhrer going to centre, it highlights even more that our bench wasn't used to it's full.

Joe was injured, hence low game minutes.

bob dylan said:
Ralphie said:

Joe was injured, hence low game minutes.

I stand corrected. I did not know that.

bob dylan said:
Disagree with them being the best, 2 fine players indeed but not in the class of the Manly boys who have proved over 6 season how good they are. 2 Premierships and multiple finals wins etc etc

They dont always lay a great foundation for Thurston and Bowen and thats why they finished 5th this year.

Scott is injured by the way and is nowhere near 100%.

I expect Kite and King to dominate them as many teams did this year.

I believe with Scott & Tamou in our team over recent years we would have the same amount of premierships.
They do lay the platform & last weekend combined for over 400 metres in a final against our 140....though against different opposition.
The reason Nth Qld have lost is not the platform of the big men but they have the ability to fall apart in defence & leak many points - like last years final against us - attack is not their issue.
As I stated earlier, Kite & king are big match players & in tonights game need to be close to 100% as I dont think we can rely on the Cows defence to drop away like it usually does - it seems more committed & structured than ever recently.
Match them here & we live another week or 2.

I agree with most of that, but mark my words Scott would not be playing if it wasnt finals time. He is busted pretty bad.

I know one thing for sure, if we are behind at half time its season over.

bob dylan said:
I agree with most of that, but mark my words Scott would not be playing if it wasnt finals time. He is busted pretty bad.

I know one thing for sure, if we are behind at half time its season over.

Spot on there mate. A little nervous & dare I say it - not as confident as last season.
Maybe these Seaeagles can lift now its sudden death. Thurstons statement " Cows will win if they are at their best" should be reversed.
Its Manly who are simply too good if playing to their ability, he should have learned that from past experience.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4