Can DCE equal Rick Chisholm's 1982 field goal feat?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Probably the better outcome is the great Rick Chisholm keeps the honour. Hard to see his record will ever be broken.

Nice to hear his name mentioned in Fox commentary last night.

l_1985-sticker-2018-(190).jpg

Chisholm scores an easy try here vs Canterbury in 1982.
Great little clip from 1982, watched the first couple of minutes and these things stood out…

- opposing packs smash together in the scrums

- tryscorer Chisolm doesn’t get mobbed, barely gets a pat on the back!

- Rex admired Eadie’s thighs!

- Eadie’s kick return, what a player

- Les Boyd sent off for a swinging arm to Mortimer’s head, Rex didn’t think there was anything untoward in the tackle @:D
edit - in hindsight with how Mortimer has ended up, tackles like that wouldn't have helped @:(

Rick had the world at his feet and was on top of the world for a time

The fact is
being on top of the world and being happy is temporarily for all people

With every rise in life we shall fall
as We age , We lose loved ones , We lose our selves

Our Legendary club the Manly Sea eagles has prevailed the test of time and has remained great
because we have always retained our great culture from generation to generation of great Manly people that keep contributing to our clubs greatness

I have a dream that one day the greatest club of all can have the greatest contributors of all
I have a dream that we one day we will all soar like great eagles and rise up to 70,000 great Manly club members

We can do this as we have the numbers . All we need is a little passion

What does this post got to do with Rick Chisolm ? Plenty !!!
By contributing to keep our great club alive . We keep our great culture alive
We also keep the memories of our great Manly people like Rick Chisolm alive

1655445984286.png

Agree with this. Was surprised though to see in the 1982 grand final season Rick Chisholm was the starting #7 from Rd 1 to Rd 23. Chisholm must have been going good as Manly finished the regular season in 2nd spot. I'm not sure whether he got injured or dropped after Rd 23. Phil Blake was #7 for the finals.

Probably because Eadie was out of first grade for much of the season. Eden filled in before Wombat returned later in the year. Blake was in his first year and his claims were undeniable towards season’s end.

Chisholm in one game (pretty sure it was ‘82) had a chance to win it, in an otherwise frustrating loss, by passing to an unmarked Geoff Gerard who would have scored. Gerard showed his frustration by throwing his arms in the air.

Those little 5 ‘percenters’ could be one reason Ray Ritchie eventually gave Blake the No.7 jumper.

Probably because Eadie was out of first grade for much of the season. Eden filled in before Wombat returned later in the year. Blake was in his first year and his claims were undeniable towards season’s end.

Chisholm in one game (pretty sure it was ‘82) had a chance to win it, in an otherwise frustrating loss, by passing to an unmarked Geoff Gerard who would have scored. Gerard showed his frustration by throwing his arms in the air.

Those little 5 ‘percenters’ could be one reason Ray Ritchie eventually gave Blake the No.7 jumper.
Thanks for posting this. Helps fill in a lot of gaps.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4