Can DCE equal Rick Chisholm's 1982 field goal feat?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Brissie Kid

Bencher
DCE with back to back field goals. Pretty impressive stuff.

The last Manly player to get a field goal in consecutive games was Craig Field in the 1997 semi v Knights and the final v Roosters. Cliffy Lyons also did it in 1994 and Matthew Ridge in 1992.

But back in 1982 club favourite Rick Chisholm scored a field goal in three consecutive games!
Rd 9 vs Sharks at Endeavour. Manly won 13-7
Rd 10 v Balmain at Brookie. Manly won 28-17
Rd 11 v Panthers at Penrith. Manly won 20-12

Can DCE do it 3 games in a row?

l_1985-sticker-2018-(190).jpg

Whatever the various failings of the current team, from powder puff forwards to plodding incompetent centres, a 9 who isn't a 9, etc etc etc - at least it's one positive that we have a bloke who can ice field goals with the best of them. (And Garrick's goal kicking is becoming a definite plus too.)

Whatever the various failings of the current team, from powder puff forwards to plodding incompetent centres, a 9 who isn't a 9, etc etc etc - at least it's one positive that we have a bloke who can ice field goals with the best of them. (And Garrick's goal kicking is becoming a definite plus too.)
Absolutely , getting that 19 point buffer with 3.26 on the clock yesterday was huge. : )

Vale Rick Chisholm; one of the best players not to play regular first grade. It didn't help that he had John Gibbs and Steve Martin ahead of him in the half-back queue. Local junior too.
Agree with this. Was surprised though to see in the 1982 grand final season Rick Chisholm was the starting #7 from Rd 1 to Rd 23. Chisholm must have been going good as Manly finished the regular season in 2nd spot. I'm not sure whether he got injured or dropped after Rd 23. Phil Blake was #7 for the finals.

Vale Rick Chisholm; one of the best players not to play regular first grade. It didn't help that he had John Gibbs and Steve Martin ahead of him in the half-back queue. Local junior too.
Agree. Wayne was also a good player and it hurt watching him play so well at souths.

Even though it wasn't needed to win the game I'm happy to pick a point here and there, any point that help us build up a healthy for and against is worthwhile.

The last Manly player to get a field goal in consecutive games was Craig Field in the 1997 semi v Knights and the final v Roosters. Cliffy Lyons also did it in 1994 and Matthew Ridge in 1992.

But back in 1982 club favourite Rick Chisholm scored a field goal in three consecutive games!

I'm surprised that Bozo hadn't done this. He seemed to kick a field goal in every match.

Even though it wasn't needed to win the game I'm happy to pick a point here and there, any point that help us build up a healthy for and against is worthwhile.
Hoping if he does slot one it's the same scenario, not needed to win but gladly accepted

I think that game was when the ARL stood down Eadie from playing for Manly because he refused to go on a NZ tour. Wombat wasn't allowed to play for the three weeks the Kangaroos were away.

I remember watching that game.
I watched it from the Jane Try Stand, northern end, one of the bottom rows.
I think that game was when the ARL stood down Eadie from playing for Manly because he refused to go on a NZ tour. Wombat wasn't allowed to play for the three weeks the Kangaroos were away.
Correct. Robbing himself of two more test appearances in the process.

I attended all three games. Unfortunately I cannot recall any field goals.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4