Can anyone explain this?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Why we have played teams such as Parramatta, Titans, Tigers, Dragons twice already this year & yet our final two games sees us playing the Roosters & Dogs for the first time?

Well I know the NRL sux but I thought there may be some formula that they use to decide the draw. It doesn't seem to make much sense to me and it certainly isn't fair.

I am not 100% sure how it is done these days, but can tell you how it was done in the 15 team days and it would still be along similar lines

At the end of the previous season, the sides would be placed in 3 groups based upon the ladder, those groups being

You would play the other groups twice and your group once, and they sent away that data to the USA and a computer over there would spot out a draw

Kiwi Eagle link said:
I am not 100% sure how it is done these days, but can tell you how it was done in the 15 team days and it would still be along similar lines

At the end of the previous season, the sides would be placed in 3 groups based upon the ladder, those groups being

You would play the other groups twice and your group once, and they sent away that data to the USA and a computer over there would spot out a draw

They had to send it away for a computer over there?

sheesh, that could be worked out on paper in a few minutes

Yep, apparently there is still a computer in the USA somewhere still doing the draws today

Now I think about it a bit more, I do remember reading something a few years back, that the draw now is partly based around a rivalry and the revenue that a game can raise, and each club submitted from memory 5 teams that they requested to play home and away every single year, for us those games would Parramatta, Cronulla, Tigers and maybe Saints and Newcastle

Big League (out today) has an article on this exact topic but I haven't had a chance o read it in full yet. The process has changed and is now based on submissions from all the clubs as to who they want to play at home in a ranked order. All the info is collated and sent away to Canada to produce a draw with the aim of meeting as many of the requests as possible, except in the case of Brisbane, Parra and Easts where all requests will be fully met. ;)

You forgot the Dragqueens Bradza, and they get all requests AND the computer helps with the process of ensuring a  FTA TV game every week.

Why don't they invest in their own draw making software which would cost half the price of sending it overseas annually to be done.

Enter the preferences assign a rank to the preferences, put in any fixed info you want and done

Why don't they just put team names on pieces of paper put them in to a hat a pull them out to do the draw.  It would be heaps fairer than whatever system they currently use.  It sure is not random right now.  I seem to remember the club asking for away games at the begining of the season in case the upgrade works were not finished and the nrl refused, obviously because the scum and drugcastle got all those exemptions instead.  It is crooked no doubt about it.

MissKate link said:
Why don't they just put team names on pieces of paper put them in to a hat a pull them out to do the draw.  It would be heaps fairer than whatever system they currently use.  It sure is not random right now.  I seem to remember the club asking for away games at the begining of the season in case the upgrade works were not finished and the nrl refused, obviously because the scum and drugcastle got all those exemptions instead.  It is crooked no doubt about it.

They do that in other sports, but use more like lotto balls

We have had pretty bad luck this year.

We have played Dragons, Titans, Tigers and Storm twice (which would be the top 4 if the Storm didn't get busted), and out of the relative 'easy beats' the Bulldogs, Sharks and Cowboys we have only played the Sharks twice.

Then again, we seem to play better against the top teams so it might not be bad luck after all.

Ant80 link said:
[quote author=tookey link=topic=184860.msg287545#msg287545 date=1282805874]
Why don't they just play every team twice like it used to be.

31 rounds plus a final series, SoO, Test matches and Allstars game my god that's a long season
[/quote]

The longer the better I say. For the fans anyway players might not like it.

Wolfpack link said:
[quote author=Dan link=topic=184860.msg287558#msg287558 date=1282812594]
We hadn't played the dogs yet have we?

Nope.

I think MadMarcus meant the Sharks, not the Dogs.
[/quote]

Yes, I meant the Sharks - I have fixed my post.

Cheers

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8