Cameron Smith’s stunning call for NRL to return Melbourne’s stripped titles

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
https://www.foxsports.com.au/news/p...s/news-story/c23e56550ba7382af04a296503f6a60b

Cronulla skipper Paul Gallen has warned Cameron Smith to ‘be careful’ after the Melbourne skipper demanded Storm’s stripped premierships be reinstated by the NRL.

“I think what he’s saying there is he wants an investigation to go back into Melbourne to see whether they deserved those premierships to be taken off them,” Gallen said.

“I will say this to Cam: be very careful what you wish for. We went in and self-reported a $50,000 discrepancy and the CEO thought that was all it was. It turned out to be a $700,000 discrepancy. Maybe you don’t want the NRL going back and searching those books particularly when they were found to be $3.7 million over the salary cap over five years. Three of those years they were $1 million over the salary cap, compared to the Sharks. We were $750,000 in illegal third-party payments that were intended to be paid. The NRL found that they were not even all paid.”

However, Gallen said if the NRL considered taking away their maiden premiership, he would quit the game altogether.

“If we got [our premierships] taken off us I would throw my ring away and I would quit the club immediately. It wouldn’t sit well with me. I would quit [rugby league altogether],” he said. @:cry:@:cry: @:rolleyes:@:rolleyes:@:rolleyes:@:rolleyes:@:rolleyes:@:rolleyes:@:rolleyes:

https://www.foxsports.com.au/news/p...s/news-story/c23e56550ba7382af04a296503f6a60b

Cronulla skipper Paul Gallen has warned Cameron Smith to ‘be careful’ after the Melbourne skipper demanded Storm’s stripped premierships be reinstated by the NRL.

“I think what he’s saying there is he wants an investigation to go back into Melbourne to see whether they deserved those premierships to be taken off them,” Gallen said.

“I will say this to Cam: be very careful what you wish for. We went in and self-reported a $50,000 discrepancy and the CEO thought that was all it was. It turned out to be a $700,000 discrepancy. Maybe you don’t want the NRL going back and searching those books particularly when they were found to be $3.7 million over the salary cap over five years. Three of those years they were $1 million over the salary cap, compared to the Sharks. We were $750,000 in illegal third-party payments that were intended to be paid. The NRL found that they were not even all paid.”

However, Gallen said if the NRL considered taking away their maiden premiership, he would quit the game altogether.

“If we got [our premierships] taken off us I would throw my ring away and I would quit the club immediately. It wouldn’t sit well with me. I would quit [rugby league altogether],” he said. @:cry:@:cry: @:rolleyes:@:rolleyes:@:rolleyes:@:rolleyes:@:rolleyes:@:rolleyes:@:rolleyes:

A pair of d1ckheads, if ever there was

I reckon its just a smokescreen to take the pressure off their latest salary cap indiscretion, and for the NRL to take it easy on them

In the immortal words of The Angels' crowd retort... "no way, get ****ed, **** off":

https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/03/10...on-arl-commission-to-revisit-stripped-titles/

Melbourne Storm CEO Dave Donaghy has called on the ARL Commission to revisit the decision to strip his side of two premierships last decade.

The Storm were found to have rorted the salary cap between 2006 and 2010 and in the process had their 2007 and 2009 premierships taken off them.

Donaghy said the way the Storm were treated - they had their premierships stripped the same week they were found to have breached the cap - was different to the way that clubs in similar strife are now handled.

Question marks continue to surround Cronulla's premiership in 2016, with Donaghy forced to clarify comments from Storm skipper Cameron Smith surrounding the treatment of the Sharks and their breach.

Sharks skipper Paul Gallen earlier on Sunday told Channel 9 he would quit if the Cronulla titles were taken away from the club and warned the Storm to be careful what they wished for because reopening the investigation into their salary cap breaches could uncover more rorts.

"I think it is important to take Cameron’s comments ... it wasn’t coming out and saying the Cronulla Sharks should have their premierships stripped," Donaghy said at Melbourne Storm's family day on Sunday.

"It's a case of having the view the way the Storm were treated a decade ago was vastly different to others. "That is not saying what Melbourne Storm did at the time was right or wrong as it certainly wasn’t right. "We think what happened back in the day was clearly vastly different to what the way some clubs these days are treated."

Donaghy wouldn't get drawn into the debate about whether Storm should have their two premierships reinstated, instead calling on the ARLC to make a decision on the issue. "I think at some point there will be a re-assessment given the way the current administration is viewing salary cap breaches," he said.

"That’s something for the commission at some point and it’s not for us. "It’s something at Melbourne Storm that will forever bubble away in the background, but that’s not a priority for us at this stage as our priority is Thursday night."

I can absolutely promise the world this (I will execute a deed poll so that it is enforceable): If the Storm’s 2007 and 2009 titles are reinstated, I will never willingly watch a game of NRL again. Ever.

(I had to put the “willingly” in there in case the Russians or Chinese take me against my will and torture me by making me listen to Mark Gasnier, Darren Lockyer, Corey Parker or Gordon Tallis commentate.)

Last effort from the grub scam as eyeing off greater positions in the game after footy finishes at about 45 yrs old for him. You need integrity for this roles right.

Thinks he’ll be the next coach, turd or beatie because he know it all and been given a saloon ride through his career. Teflon.

For a guy who know so much and great insights on the game he didn’t know his club was cheating the system over many years. Other big playing and coaching names at the club didn’t have a clue . Really?

Sorry storm on this one you got caught. You got punished . Always be cheats so no to any titles back. Keep trying the right way .

In the immortal words of The Angels' crowd retort... "no way, get ****ed, **** off":

https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/03/10...on-arl-commission-to-revisit-stripped-titles/

Melbourne Storm CEO Dave Donaghy has called on the ARL Commission to revisit the decision to strip his side of two premierships last decade.

The Storm were found to have rorted the salary cap between 2006 and 2010 and in the process had their 2007 and 2009 premierships taken off them.

Donaghy said the way the Storm were treated - they had their premierships stripped the same week they were found to have breached the cap - was different to the way that clubs in similar strife are now handled.

Question marks continue to surround Cronulla's premiership in 2016, with Donaghy forced to clarify comments from Storm skipper Cameron Smith surrounding the treatment of the Sharks and their breach.

Sharks skipper Paul Gallen earlier on Sunday told Channel 9 he would quit if the Cronulla titles were taken away from the club and warned the Storm to be careful what they wished for because reopening the investigation into their salary cap breaches could uncover more rorts.

"I think it is important to take Cameron’s comments ... it wasn’t coming out and saying the Cronulla Sharks should have their premierships stripped," Donaghy said at Melbourne Storm's family day on Sunday.

"It's a case of having the view the way the Storm were treated a decade ago was vastly different to others. "That is not saying what Melbourne Storm did at the time was right or wrong as it certainly wasn’t right. "We think what happened back in the day was clearly vastly different to what the way some clubs these days are treated."

Donaghy wouldn't get drawn into the debate about whether Storm should have their two premierships reinstated, instead calling on the ARLC to make a decision on the issue. "I think at some point there will be a re-assessment given the way the current administration is viewing salary cap breaches," he said.

"That’s something for the commission at some point and it’s not for us. "It’s something at Melbourne Storm that will forever bubble away in the background, but that’s not a priority for us at this stage as our priority is Thursday night."

50527320_10155949521642747_2941941216373112832_n.jpg

"I believe it's a long way off. I've got the data still ... I kept all the records at the time. I've got it all," Waldron said.
"They think they know the truth but they don't."

Doesn't really instill confidence, the rort was probably far bigger than what was uncovered at the time by the NRL.

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
7 4 3 49 10
9 5 4 42 10
9 5 4 -14 10
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 3 5 -55 8