Cam Smith could be the answer for Manly

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Eagle_since _73

Manly need Rex Mossop to fix things.
Ok fellow feathered friends, just take some time and hear me out.
DCE has got no form and is far from leadership material.
We lack patience during the game
We have little to offer in the hooker department
We lack leadership and direction both on and off field.
We seem to have not yet adapted to the new faster game

Enter the hired gun , a la Cameron Smith for a contract period ie 8 to 10 matches perhaps longer.

What would this achieve ?

Similar to the effect Cooper Cronk had with the Roosters when he first went over bring with him much needed experience.

• For Manly he would play the role of Hooker and relieve DCE of the role of captaincy and allow him to focus on his role in the halves.
  • He will bring experience to the team and help the young ones with their game
  • He will have a calming effect on the team during a game
  • DCE and Foran will get better ball distribution
  • He is a goal kicker (Only of benefit if we score tries)
  • He could assist Hasler with strategy in this modern faster game.
  • He would be a short term solution to our hooker role till experienced players for the hooking role return
  • Will introduce a winning culture
  • A mentor.
The list goes on.

Manly is in a rut. There doesn't appear to be any solutions. Hasler appears clueless, DCE appears clueless. The team don't appear to be united. We need to think "outside of the box" for a solution to help this great club get back on the road to winning and success. Imagine the energy and aura of success Cam Smith could bring to the club. As I said, it doesnt have to be for the season but a couple of months could be just the tonic.

Food for thought.

I like that you’re thinking outside the box. However, I highly doubt a one club player for the Storm would ever help us. Too much bad blood.

Maybe he would relish the challenge , you never know ?
I honestly hope it happens, but just imagine the backlash from Storm fans, Craig Bellamy, players... They will be burning their NO#9 SMITH Jerseys like the Patriots fans in America when Brady left. I doubt Smith will want all that negativity thrown towards him.

He has moved his family to the Gold Coast and knocked back all of the QLD teams. He wouldn’t even pick up the phone for us other than to have a laugh

I agree we need a champion mentality injected into the club - it just won’t be him. Bellamy is what we really need, but that is even less likely. Not to mention it would make my stomach turn.

I saw the comments of Penn in the paper today saying nobody saw this coming...well more than half on Silvertails did so what does that tell you? He also said that nothing was wrong with the recruiting or words to that effect. So he obviously had no idea we had a hooker and fullback issue like everyone else did preseason. This speaks volumes as to who is leading us.

Des is not the only issue we have.

Enter the hired gun , a la Cameron Smith for a contract period ie 8 to 10 matches perhaps longer.

Similar to the effect Cooper Cronk had with the Roosters when he first went over bring with him much needed experience.

• For Manly he would play the role of Hooker and relieve DCE of the role of captaincy and allow him to focus on his role in the halves.
  • He would be a short term solution to our hooker role till experienced players for the hooking role return
  • A mentor.
The list goes on.

Manly is in a rut. There doesn't appear to be any solutions. Hasler appears clueless, DCE appears clueless. The team don't appear to be united. We need to think "outside of the box" for a solution to help this great club get back on the road to winning and success. Imagine the energy and aura of success Cam Smith could bring to the club. As I said, it doesnt have to be for the season but a couple of months could be just the tonic.

Food for thought.
It's April 2nd today mate. You should have posted this yesterday:p

We are not the rosters, we don’t have a player on $1,000,000 a season running around for Blacktown we can release.

• A mentor.
The list goes on.

Food for thought.
we should have gone for benji

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8