Calls for cheerleaders to be banned from league

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

bhot

Reserve Grader
I was dissappointed to read this morning that so a called 'marketing expert' is calling for the banning of cheerleaders from Rugby League. Apparently this will create a sex-free image for the sport.

Sun Herald Article
http://www.smh.com.au/news/lhqnews/calls-for-cheerleaders-to-be-banned-from-league/2009/05/16/1242335930888.html

Who thinks this is a good idea?

i just went to Mark Communication's web site and there are pictures of scantily clad women being used for Sultry Sally promotions.

It sounds alot like another knee jerk tactic. frankly I don't like the whole cheer girls thing because it makes nrl look more like nfl. but cheer squads are  more a symptom than a cause of the wider issues needing to be addressed.

waits for byso to see this

some his best work has been cheerleader shots

This has done me now.

Lets ban the following:-

* Women who wear skirts above their knees
* Any alcohole at games.
* Hotdogs being sold after the game.
* TAB betting
* Screaming at games
* No flag waving
* Leagues Clubs

What a joke  ;D

If they're going to ban cheerleaders then they've have to ban women's beach volleyball.

What about Catholic Nuns as cheerleaders. In full penguin outfits of course, but in club colours.

Rambo1987 link said:
This has done me now.

Lets ban the following:-

* Women who wear skirts above their knees
* Any alcohole at games.
* Hotdogs being sold after the game.
* TAB betting
* Screaming at games
* No flag waving
* Leagues Clubs

What a joke  ;D
* sex and violence on tv has to go
* increased taxes on booze and smokes

The fun police are out in force lately.

Yes it is joke! I'm concern how boring our society is becoming.

Dress up all the girls in Burka's (is that how it is spelt???) and for fun we have 'afternoon prayers".

Starting to sound a bit like Iran isn't it???

I'll be heading off to the game soon and just popped in for a quick squizz to catch up before heading off.
My little girl turns 12 tomorrow and has been fussing and fretting all morning as she prepares to join the Junior Sea Birds cheerleader squad at Brookie this afternoon to do their routine at Fortress Brookval.
They practise hard every Thursday evening in a room at the leagues club and are coached by Monique Caroll (Wife of Spud)
The effort they put in to their routines and the excitement they get from getting ready and getting the costumes "just right" is testament to how seriously they take it and how much they enjoy it?
The Seabirds won a cheerleading comp up in Newcastle last week (my daughter missed it as she was in Brissie with me) and the excitement on their achievement that they showed on Thursday night at training was a pleasure to see.
The excitement for these young girls who take it very seriously and performd in front of nearly 20,000 at the Storm game last year and also ran out agianst the Roosters and Souths last season is greta to see and a healthy, active and disciplined past time for them to be involved in.
I for one see it as being a beneficial thing for my daughter to be involved in and she loves it with a passion.
So...from the father of a junior cheerleader and a long term fn of the game I'd be dissapointed as would many young ladies who choose to turn to this side of the sport if the fun police banned it from the game?
Vidmar

Theres nothing better than a parent watching their kids excitement about participating in any of these sorts of actitivities. Enjoy, Vid.

Then there are the man hating radical femmos who are very old and very ugly who are jealous of youth & innocent beauty. They are behind the calls for cheeleaders to be banned.

I put a steak on top of my dog's nose today and then beat it with a stick every time it tried to eat it.  Was great fun.

They are useless bits of fluff imo and lead to sex role sterotyping.  Leery old men seem to like them.  But I can't see the value of banning them unless you ban all the JB girls and the JB adds and while you're at it ban the betting stuff that clogs up the TV screens.  Beer ads next.  Marching bands at half time would be my preferred option.   

I actualy knew one of the girls in 2007.  She was a uni student and liked the gig.  Got some dollars and kept fit.  Absolutely no fraternizing with the boys though.  A good thing too. 

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4