Calling on all Members

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

slickster71

Reserve Grader
CAlling on members to re-elect a new board due to the crisis with the penn and delmerge family.Currently delmerge hold the numbers on board level.

With ongoing issues between the Delmerge and Penn family.
It has his rock bottom on board level.

They have asked mayer to put a business plan. The delmerge fraction of the board do not want him their. he has brought in 4millon to the club in the last 12 months and has done everything ask of him and exceeeded their expectations and they still are willing to turn their back on him

Why would we want to loose such a great talent just because one section of the board as a hidden agenda.

Lets call an election and vote them out and bring in someone who is fair.

We don;t need anything to distrupt the performance of our footy team and this will if it keeps going as mayer is very close to the players.

PLease advise what we should all do

slickster71 link said:
CAlling on members to re-elect a new board due to the crisis with the penn and delmerge family.Currently delmerge hold the numbers on board level.

With ongoing issues between the Delmerge and Penn family.
It has his rock bottom on board level.

They have asked mayer to put a business plan. The delmerge fraction of the board do not want him their. he has brought in 4millon to the club in the last 12 months and has done everything ask of him and exceeeded their expectations and they still are willing to turn their back on him

Why would we want to loose such a great talent just because one section of the board as a hidden agenda.

Lets call an election and vote them out and bring in someone who is fair.

We don;t need anything to distrupt the performance of our footy team and this will if it keeps going as mayer is very close to the players.

PLease advise what we should all do
there needs to be 40 members signtures before an EGM can be formed

hope that clears it up for u mate.

I did C&C. It would help if Delmege was spelt correctly and you don't get changes re-electing a board. Outside of that Fro can deal with the others.

Couple of points re this post...

Firstly "members" can't change the board of the Sea Eagles (or to use the correct title Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles Limited) as it is a privatised company.

The current directors of the Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles Limited (as at 1 December 2008) are:-
Scott Penn (Chairman and co-owner)
Kerry Sibraa (Football Club appointee)
Philip Dean (Football Club appointee)
Max Delmege (Delmege appointee)
Brett Delmege (Delmege appointee)
Rick Penn (Penn Sport appointee)
Peter Bryant (Manly Leagues Club appointee)

The members of the Football Club (or to give it the full title Manly-Warringah Rugby League Football Club Limited) do have the right to call an EGM (given sufficient numbers) to re-elect a board if they can get the numbers to agree to a vote for a board but not sure why you would want to do that or what you would think that will change?

The current members of the Football Club board are:-

Bob Reilly (Chairman)
Peter Bryant 
Peter O'Dwyer
Geoff Toovey
Damien Smith
Philip Dean (Company Secretary)

Assuming you have a cunning plan - who has put up their hands to be elected to the board of the Football Club, what are their credentials and what plans do they have to make changes?

I'm a FC member (and Screaming Eagle & Leagues club member with full voting rights for these 2) so would be interested in hearing what changes you think can/should be made?

Secondly, can you show me a link to something where it says the board of the Sea Eagles have told Grant to go?

Cheers
Vidmar

From my limited knowledge of the FC consitution even if you get the 40 members this will not result in a change of the board members.

Yeah KE,
I'm not sure who "Slickster71" is (relatively new poster) - does anyone know this person? Too many typos and crap grammar..Hmmmm....

The profile shows some weird@hotmail email address...as far as I know they are not a "regular" at games and appears not to have too much knowledge of the workings of the various entities.

So am thinking they may just be stirring the pot - unless of course someone can vouch for them?

Alternatively they may be some well meaning soul who wants to do something to help - If you are, send me a private message with your contact details or your FC member number ?

i am a member and a loyal manly supporter since 1976.

If we loose Grant Mayer then he should cop the blame.

Definately not the Penn family.

When someone ask you to submit a proposal in 6 weeks and then
the board decided not to look at it.

Then i am thinking something must be wrong.

This was confirmed by Zorba on sky on sunday morning and ABC Radio saturday night.

Their are so many club looking for new CEO's at the moment, Cronulla, parramatta,etc.

Why should we loose someone as talent as Grant.

If you go to the game, i am on the hill every single week home and away and have been since i was 7.

You are welcome here slickster. Unfortunately the structure of the Sea Eagle entities makes change quite difficult.

I suggest contacting someone like vidmar is a good start. He will go through what options there are and who you could possibly contact to voice your concerns.

40 signatures can force an extraordinary meeting where the Football Club Board can be forced to account for their voting patterns I believe?  That would be preferable to the current game of smoke and mirrors being conducted by Reilly and friends. 

We only need 40 members to force an extraordinary meeting.  I would like to know wtf is going on.  Let's hold the board to account..  COUNT ME IN!!!!!!!!!!

A EGM will not change the two members on the MWSE board (currently Phillip Dean and Bob Reilly - as Kerry Sibraa has resigned) but it could call upon those two people to account for their representation.

I doubt that much would come of it though, as Mayer has resigned rather than be pushed or sacked - reportedly sick of being collateral between the Penns and Delmeges. The Football Club may not have any impact on that debacle.

Vidmar makes a good point, where is the proof that the Football Club has forced Grant's hand????

Grant has resigned NOT been sacked.

I think you may find it relates to the "untenable situation" he found himself in and I can;t say I blame him.

So what does forcing an EGM achieve, the Football Club board say's "not us guys"....what do you do then?????

Mark from Brisbane link said:
Vidmar makes a good point, where is the proof that the Football Club has forced Grant's hand????

Grant has resigned NOT been sacked.

I think you may find it relates to the \"untenable situation\" he found himself in and I can;t say I blame him.

So what does forcing an EGM achieve, the Football Club board say's \"not us guys\"....what do you do then?????
come on mark lets not be so niave

he resigned because even after he put together the business plan  he was told he had 5 people who were gonna vote against him. all that crap back in april was a con to settle us fans down to give certain people a chance to go on a pr tour only for the same result to happen again

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8