Call to arms - Manly’s ‘M&W’ Army - 7,056 die hards required & more at SFS

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
16 SEP 11 @ 03:20PM BY PETER PETERS
http://manly-daily.whereilive.com.au/sport/story/manlys-jamie-buhrer-was-born-to-play-football/

THE most asked question of the Sea Eagles this week is: Who would you like to play next Friday night at the Sydney Football Stadium?

The answer doesn’t differ from anyone in the inner sanctum of the team. There is simply no preference. The Dragons would have much more crowd support than the Broncos if they can get through, but the Broncos will simply gather more momentum for the Darren Lockyer dream farewell if they get through.

The big issue for the upcoming grand final qualifier is that the maroon and white army need to hit the road to the SFS in big numbers this time around.

I believe the 8.30pm kick off time was a dumb decision by the NRL.

It meant families from the northern beaches didn’t get home until around midnight after the match. That is unacceptable, albeit not total reason for the paltry crowd.

The cost of $200 a family ticket on top of transport or petrol and then food at the ground makes it a big hit on families in tough times.

codewana said:
For sure Mark. I wasn't having a dig at you :).

I understand what you and Jono are saying, but I just don't see the need for name calling those supporters/fans/bandwagoners/whatever who don't attand the games, especially when there are sometimes mitigating factors such as a budget.

Please don't get me wrong, I really do appreciate what you and Jono and Vidmar and Dan (and many others) do for the fans - providing an awesome community is the best way to encourage attendance and support the club. I'm just not a fan of labeling some people who can't make it 'wusses' or suggesting they should feel bad for not attending - that's all.

Looking forward to attending the next few games (if allowed)!

Good man might see u there!

Eagles Nest 08 said:
Mark from Brisbane said:
PONTIAN SEA EAGLE said:
$200 a family ticket i think there's where your problem is.

Agree it is bloody expensive

Category 1 is, but there is great value in Category 2 family tickets at $140, or Category 3 at $85 (2 Adults & 2 Juniors).

At least the SFS is a good viewing ground if ppl decide to go the cheaper option

All of this "fink of the Aussie battler families" stuff is a bit Penriff.
We're the silvertails.

Derp derpa derp!

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6