Cacoon Week

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Cameron

Make Manly Great Again #Hasler2019
heres a suggestion guys
lets avoid all media stories this week
lets not post em on here

lets pretend the season starts next sunday

Cliffy Gc link said:
heres a suggestion guys
lets not post em on here

avoiding reality wont solve any problems

Dan link said:
[quote author=Cliffy Gc link=topic=179988.msg217488#msg217488 date=1238916072]
heres a suggestion guys
lets not post em on here

[/quote]

But it might make us feel better.

We have been spoiled by our success last year, there was a time I enjoyed the football even when we were losing, I am doing my best to return myself to those days

Dan link said:
[quote author=Cliffy Gc link=topic=179988.msg217488#msg217488 date=1238916072]
heres a suggestion guys
lets not post em on here

[/quote]

True but we can not solve the problems anyway.  Might as well stick our heads in the sand. 

Dan link said:
We have been spoiled by our success last year, there was a time I enjoyed the football even when we were losing, I am doing my best to return myself to those days
I'm not enjoying any of this either because of the expectation.
I fact I feel downright deflated - just not excited at all.
Maybe thats what the Manly players are feeling. They took on such a wealth of success through the enourmity of the grand final win, and then again for the challenge cup.
There just isn't any higher to go. Maybe they feel deflated too, while all the other teams are lively and keen like Manly were last year.
The team is not made up of 13 gods and they have been made to feel that way. They are realizing quick smart that they are just 13 blokes like everyone else is fielding, difference is, they know it and are more ready to compete and earn the win.

I'll never be a fairweather fan ads.  I've been there through thick and thin, the highs and the lows, blah blah.  Next Sunday is the start of a glorious run.    

Maybe we're just trying to top last year.

We're going for Premiers with the record number of consecutive losses to start the season.

A coccoon won't hide the fact that we don't look like a side let alone play like one. I have not seen anything that convinces me that having Brett back will make any difference at all.

Canteen Worker link said:
A coccoon won't hide the fact that we don't look like a side let alone play like one. I have not seen anything that convinces me that having Brett back will make any difference at all.
at least brett will give us an option in attck,i do agree with you but my point is we were crap in attack today,with brett at least we have a player that can score a try and it will reshuffle our backline,robbo back to wing bani on the other wing and wolfman to the centres.

One line break in the whole game and it was done by Hello. In the end we were probably flattered by the scoreline. In a game of sometimes inches/millimetres the plays from Ox were just disastrous (out on the full, grubbers into opposition legs, straight down the throat of the FB....). I know it is just 4 weeks but we are close to planning for next season.

The return of Brett Stewart will make zilch difference, oh sure had he been there from the start and none of what went on actually went on then things may be different.

I have been following the side since 1963, most of you  probably were not even born then!!

This is bad (very) but I have seen worse.

But I just can;t see when the next win might come around, can you honestly say it will be next week???

I can't see it anytime in the near future based on what we have seen in recent weeks, they are "shot ducks"

Cliffy Gc link said:
heres a suggestion guys
lets not post em on here

[img=339x400]http://500hats.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/2007/07/27/head_up_ass.gif[/img]

This sort of time for a club sorts out the real supporters from the bandwagoners

Plenty of worse things going on so tbh, this result today isn't really hitting me that hard at all, partly because I never thought we would win as well I suppose

I just can't put my finger on what's going wrong...it's a bit like Jekyl and Hyde, although to be fair they did field a very similar side all through 2008 and since kick off in 2009 there's injury after injury and rama after drama.

But I am a bit like you Kiwi, didn;t think they'd win BUT it still hurts

I drew a line through us for the first 4 rounds as soon as the Stewart saga began. I think we will do the Tigers next week, though it depends largely on who is in the centres.

We need a lot more in attack

its an easy thing to post if you havnt made the effort to show up for the last 4 weeks straight to watch the garbage dished up

Fluffy link said:
its an easy thing to post if you havnt made the effort to show up for the last 4 weeks straight to watch the garbage dished up

mmmm I havn't made the effort to show up, but then I live some 1000+ kms away and clearly we arent as good as you

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8