• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
The Who said:
While I have no respect for the Dogs, I have even less for Money-Bill. I'd love to see Easts waste a lot of money on this bloke, and then I'd love to see Kasiano, T-Rex and Pritchard smash him when he plays the Dogs next season.

Too soon, Who. Too soon.

Crusher_Cleal said:
The Who said:
While I have no respect for the Dogs, I have even less for Money-Bill. I'd love to see Easts waste a lot of money on this bloke, and then I'd love to see Kasiano, T-Rex and Pritchard smash him when he plays the Dogs next season.

Too soon, Who. Too soon.

Dogs deserve Money-Bill, he apparently refuses to play against them lol

So the scum will get not one cent from him playing

Crowsnestfan said:
The roosters will get a massive membership hit, even if it's just one season.

The roosters will get a massive membership hit, even if it's just one season.

That 'membership hit' would be made up of SBW's immediate family, which would effectively double the Roosters membership from 250 to 500.;)

$BW is a money hungry scum. I feel for for the Bulldogs in this matter - they sign him then Mundine got in his ear telling him he the biggest thing in League.
If any player done that to Manly we would be screaming - sorry dont like the Dogs but $BW is worse.

It would be hilarious if Mundine got into Barba's ear:p
S.Haumono,SBW and BB-trifecta!

SBW needs to buy some elocution lessons quick smart,sounds like a punchdrunk boxer already:p

manlyfan76 said:
He said he "had a handshake deal and must honour it"( about coming back to the Nrl). But his contract with the doggies he didn't have to honour, go figure.

Yeah i thought this was a joke as well. Is he trying to say he has integrity?. This bloke dead set is a joke. He is playing everyone for fools, the NRL, The NZRU and the Whoever it is he shook hands with. Its like a big publicity stunt I really dont think we need him back in League i mean really how many more people will go to games after the first couple. He thinks he is bigger than the Beatles.

What's strange, if his interveiw is correct, is that he doesn't really want to come back to the nrl and is only doing to honour a years old handshake agreement. (irony in itself).

If true he could always ask nick prolicetits if he intends to 'force' $bw to honour this agreement. If not he'd be 'free.'

If he plays, we'll have a highly paid league player begrudginly returning to a sport he doesn't really want to be playing. Add to that a range of journos competing to see who can praise himm the most in their useless columns.

The afl marketing department would love reading this.

It be nice if the nrl didn't approve his contract (but they wont and prob don't have grounds too.)

Gives him an out if he says im only doing it because of a handshake deal. That way if he plays crap and looks out of his depth he can say his heart wasnt in it. If he plays well it works out he wins also. Its a win win situation for big money bill.

The elephant in the room - was there money in the hand that was doing the shaking? :dodgy:
That is the only reason that such a self serving, one-year-at-a-time professional, would be 'honour' bound to a handshake.

SBW could have had a 'retainer' all these year's in the anticipation that the NRL ban was lifted whilst he was still fit enough to play.

The guy can play that's for sure, and on pure ability you'd be mad not to welcome him with open arms. The only downside is the Khoder Nasser / Mundane baggage that he carries around with him. They are like a cancer that you wouldn't want anywhere near your club.

By the way has $BW converted to Islam as well ?? I seem to recall reading something about it a while back but can't be sure now.

Chip and Chase said:
The guy can play that's for sure, and on pure ability you'd be mad not to welcome him with open arms. The only downside is the Khoder Nasser / Mundane baggage that he carries around with him. They are like a cancer that you wouldn't want anywhere near your club.

By the way has $BW converted to Islam as well ?? I seem to recall reading something about it a while back but can't be sure now.

Yes he is, he cited Steve Folkes being racist as a reason he had to leave the Dogs. He must have forgotten Hazem was always perfectly happy there before spurting out that lie

Chooks risk having egg on their faces

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/roosters-run-the-risk-with-sonny-bill-williams/story-e6frexr9-1226422962354

"I'VE given someone my word." And as we all know - to steal a line from the Tom Cruise movie Jerry Maguire - the word of Sonny Bill Williams is as solid as oak.

The Roosters will tonight unveil the second set of players to be inducted into their Hall of Fame at a black-tie function at the SCG.

Doubtless, the chatter around the dinner table will be about the impending arrival of Williams, who on Monday revealed the worst-kept secret in the NRL for the past two years - that he will be returning to the game in 2013.

Williams' bizarre press-conference remark that he wants to honour a "handshake agreement" with Roosters chairman Nick Politis says plenty about him.

Apparently, a handshake means more than his signed contract with the Bulldogs.

That's right: solid as oak.

Of greater significance for Roosters fans, though, is what does it mean when their club moves heaven and earth to secure a player, seemingly on whatever terms he desires?

Politis has agreed to let Williams continue his boxing career and snap up a lucrative 12-game stint in Japanese rugby before turning up at Moore Park a month before the NRL season begins.

It is a one-year deal believed to be worth $850,000. Even though Politis has been pushing for a longer term, there's no guarantee Williams will be there beyond next season.

Take it as fact that Williams' manager Khoder Nasser has been insisting Williams does not play against the Bulldogs at their home ground at ANZ Stadium - a request Politis has refused to accede to. Yes, Sonny Bill is a football machine. A sight to behold with the pigskin in his oversized hand. But is he that good?

His imminent arrival is another aspect of a Roosters recruitment policy that has been difficult to track and has lacked patience in the past four years.

In that time, they have cut adrift players like Ashley Harrison, David Shillington, James Tamou, Nate Myles and Todd Carney.

Some had to go because of salary cap pressures. Others like Carney were dispatched because of disciplinary action. Either way, they are players who played Origin this year.

Bulldogs forwards Willie Mason and Mark O'Meley have come and gone and left gaping holes in salary caps and club culture.

Early this year, captain Braith Anasta was told he would have to play for a contract, effectively forcing his hand and signature at the Tigers. Something similar happened to winger Sam Perrett and before anyone could blink he was playing for the Bulldogs.

It was suggested that episode created deep tension between coach Brian Smith and Politis, to the point where neither were speaking to one another.While Politis is said to have given Perrett a verbal agreement that he could go mid-season, Smith saw no value in it. (Politis has denied he and Smith are not speaking).

The Roosters are fast approaching an intriguing crossroads. Smith has one year left to go on his contract, and given the abhorrent lack of discipline in their performance against the Sharks on Monday night, he has a long way to go in convincing the club's trigger-happy board that he deserves an extension.

Halfback Mitchell Pearce is off contract next year, too, but is approaching a point in his young career when promise must translate into substance.

Politis will not be in attendance tonight because he is overseas on business, but he is always there, always in the back of the minds of those in the front office, coaching staff and players.

A Godfather-like figure in signature tinted wraparound glasses and dark jacket, he has been the single most important figure at the Roosters since his City Ford car dealership was plastered all over the tri-colour jumper for the 1976 season.Tonight, the Roosters will honour the men who have always had that jumper at heart. Ron Coote, Dick Dunn, John Peard, Luke Ricketson, Kevin Hastings and others are in line for induction.

All of them solid as oak.

Will the same ever be said of Sonny Bill Williams?

Sbw was just saying that crap about a handshake so he had an out. He has left union and the nz ppl thonk they respect him Same mo as he did at the dogs, same as Solomon did. He is a pawn in his managers business.

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8