Burying the demon

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Matabele

Journey Man
Just a little hunch fellas. The Aussies have rightly been ligh years ahead of the competition at this World Cup but I have a horrible suspicion that the Proteas will bury the demons on 1999 and spirng an upset on ANZAC day.

They have the batting to do it, but they just dont have the bowlers. They go ok but they dont have a "strike" bowler that can get the job done.

I think the final will be Aus V Sri Lanka and I think that could be a huge danger for us.

If the ICC continue to allow Sri Lanka to select the two players with the dodgiest bowling action in World cricket they're always going to be a chance aren't they?

They have the batting to do it, but they just dont have the bowlers. They go ok but they dont have a \"strike\" bowler that can get the job done.

I think the final will be Aus V Sri Lanka and I think that could be a huge danger for us.

Agrred, Ntini has been poor and Pollock has generally been bowling tight but not picking up wickets, Nel has bowled pretty well since he came back but they really need a quality spinner.

Pollock = A cheaper version of McGrath.. always puts it on a 5c Piece but can't change it up and then becomes predictable and gets spanked... last game his figures against Australia were 0/83 off 10 Overs.

Ntini comes from too much of an angle and eliminates LBW so only really has 2modes of dismissal.. caught or bowled.

Nel is inconsistent but on his day is a good bowler and Langeveldt is probably their best bowler at the moment.

Australia to get the money again.

If the ICC continue to allow Sri Lanka to select the two players with the dodgiest bowling action in World cricket they're always going to be a chance aren't they?

Who's the 2nd one Matas? Murali is a dead set cheat but who else are you talking about?

beg to differ guys bid hard to chuck with a slinging action, ask Jeff Thomson.

As for Murali he is simply a blight on the game

There have been a lot of people in cricket circles questioning his action mate.

im still waiting for the next spinner to come along who bowls at 16 degrees (the law was upped to 15 because of murali chuka) it only 1 degree more

then 17

then 18

etc

[quote author=Fro]

There have been a lot of people in cricket circles questioning his action mate.

[/quote]

A lot of people in cricket circles think there is no problem in Zimbabwe, and that Hansie Cronje was not bent etc. doesnt mean it is correct.

Have a good look for yourself tonight, don't just go on what "a lot of people" say..

Have a good look at myself?? How does get ****ed sound.

Racism and government policy, and a ****ing bowling action are a lot different Fro.

And what a contradiction, Murali has been cleared several times by the ICC and the people who conduct the tests, yet you still accuse him of being a cheat. On what grounds, yours and others perceptions, the same as the way I view Malinga.

Umm, Doug have another look at my post, I did not tell you to take a look at yourself, I said to have a look FOR yourself, as in take a look and draw your own conclusion.

Next time please read it before you jump down my throat.

Coming from someone whos batting lineup he has destroyed many times, there is nothing wrong with malinga's action

It is unusual, but not illegal.
He uses a straight arm, and from that point all he has to do is bowl overarm, which he quite obviously does

Trained with the Sri lankans and in the same net as him around christmas time, and from close up there is defintiely no bend. And he is only a short fella so that helps him too.

Also had a look at Murali close up coz he was in the net next door, wont enter that debate coz it is neverending

Umm, Doug have another look at my post, I did not tell you to take a look at yourself, I said to have a look FOR yourself, as in take a look and draw your own conclusion.

Next time please read it before you jump down my throat.

Oops sorry Fro, I thought that was out of character for you. My sincere apologies, i am removing my head from my arse as we speak.

And I wasnt just going on what other people say, I have seen him bowl and sometimes he looks very suss to me.

Accepted Doug. I was a bit taken aback I must admit, i am a bastard when I want to be but didnt know what deserved it from that post :)

Its all good

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4