Burns charged with dangerous throw

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Normie

Bencher
Manly five-eighth Travis Burns is facing a two-match suspension after being cited for a dangerous throw by the NRL match review committee.

The in-form Sea Eagles pivot was charged with a grade one offence for his tackle on Gold Coast Titan Brett Delaney in the 13th minute of Manly's 20-6 win on Sunday.

Burns would normally be able to avoid suspension with an early guilty plea, but because of carry-over points and loading from previous offences he faces a two-week ban, even if he pleads guilty.

Burns will also be suspended for two games if he contests the charge at the judiciary and is unsuccessful.

The undefeated Sea Eagles play fellow high-flyers North Queensland in Townsville on Saturday.

Burns was the only player to be charged by the NRL match review panel following the weekend games.

Why not fight the charge as he would get the same suspension as taking a guilty plea!
Who to 5/8th?????

I say Monas to 5/8 & Ballin to start at hooker.

Other option would be Lyon to 5/8, Hicks to centre, Bani on the wing.

Other option 2- Matai back from injury, Lyon to 5/8

I would contest and try get the suspension down graded. I don't know if he can get off completely but their is evidence that once the guy got into the dangerous position he did everything he could to put him down safely and he did. The bloke went the full 360 and landed on his back.

And I also have to ask, I wonder why a dangerous 'position' that resulted in nobody being hurt is more time than a head butt after the game while shaking hand. Costigan had carry over points also.

Honestly, sometimes I can't grasp the NRL's view of things.

Perhaps burns should say he put him in a dangerous position as a warning to get out of his face?

wont be an issue, just a quick two week freshen up as he will have a heavy workload and extra weight on his shoulders come rep game time.

Matai is expected to play this weekend. Perhaps the club will just cop the suspension and that way we get a good idea of Jamie Lyon in 5/8th? Could work well for des, saving him a hard decision until he knows for sure what combinations should be.

Take the suspension and get rid of the carry over points.

That way Ballin gets to play 80 minutes at dummy half which strengthens the side.

Totally agree with you there Mata. Fingers crossed that the hooking role becomes his in the weeks or months ahead. Was at the match on the weekend and a bloke was telling me that Ballin is on around $50k and signed up till 2008. Is this true?? God i hope Manly sign him up long term cause he will without doubt be hot property in the open market.

I have said it before and i will say it again - i thought the judicary penalises 'dangerous tackles' not tackles which at one point get into a dangerous position but end safetly.

The Titans player landed on his lower back, no different to most tackles.

That could be right, he re-signed last year for 2 seasons, no doubt he would be receiving match payments and maybe some other bonuses for making first grade on top of that.

He will get an upgrade for sure.

I have said it before and i will say it again - i thought the judicary penalises 'dangerous tackles' not tackles which at one point get into a dangerous position but end safetly.

The Titans player landed on his lower back, no different to most tackles.

It was more good luck than good management that the tackle ended right.

You just cant put someone into that position and get away with it IMO, so a couple of weeks is clear enough

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4