Burgess help unfair to the rest of us (www.news.com.au)y i cannot post a link.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Michael Ennis is honestly retarded.

1. A team has to have the money in their cap available to sign a player.
2. He claims rewarding a strong team isn't fair, yet rewarding basket cases IS?
3. He's saying everyone is jumping up & down at Manly, because Manly has lost its two key halves. No, REALLY Mick you dimwit? What club wouldn't?
4. The NRL coaxed a player away from their Sydney club, to play for The Titans in DCE - what's the real difference there?

The bloke has had 10 too many knocks to the head. I can't believe he's getting air time.

Heard similar crap from Kent, Ikin, Ennis & Marshall on 360 last night.
Calling how unfair it is for the NRL to help Burgess to go to Manly rather than Cronulla or Canberra.....would think Ennis would have a different opinion if the Sharks lost Gallen & Fafita due to the NRL enticing them to the Titans!!
The same Ennis who found it fair for the NRL to poach DCE & help buy him into Titans?

Whilst I fully agree with the general sentiments on Ennis, I must say that I too am against the NRL having a "discretionary" ability to bend the cap when it suits them. Does anybody really believe that the NRL (Greenslime) would assist Manly over the chosen clubs?
If anything, the NRL are more likely to help Burgess return to Redfern.

Ennis is p1ssed because Manly have shown no interest in him.
He would love to come across and play for Manly so he can win a premiership.
Playing for the Sharks he can forget about that.

I agree with Ennis. I am against the idea of having a fund to bring back players like Burgess or encourage Inglis to stay. Would we be happy if Hayne wanted to come back and got his salary topped up and ended up at Parra? We have the salary cap and all clubs need to adhere to it and if we can afford Burgess under the cap, great.

Whilst I fully agree with the general sentiments on Ennis, I must say that I too am against the NRL having a "discretionary" ability to bend the cap when it suits them. Does anybody really believe that the NRL (Greenslime) would assist Manly over the chosen clubs?
If anything, the NRL are more likely to help Burgess return to Redfern.

Does that mean Gift will come back to Manly in 2016?

What about $BW??? Was Kent, Ikin, Ennis & Marshall jumping up and down about that?

Will they also jump up and down about slime Hayne if he wants to return to the squeels and the NRL hand out money to him.

What about third party sponsors the unlimited pit of handouts not recorded in the salary cap, so rich clubs with connections can buy whoever they want - Squeels?

Or what about the clubs with no salary caps, Rorters, Vermin, Squeels, Dogs, Purple Scum and now the Titans can be added into this list?

And Mr Smith being able to pull cash out of his wallet for whoever he wants with out consequence is just ridiculous.

The fact is the NRL is a joke, a total disgrace and it is not an even playing field at all. Some clubs do whatever they want and there are no consequences for corrupt behaviour, at the moment anyway.

I want things to be fair, no "special" money for anyone. A fair cap on TPA's and no handouts from Smith would be a good start. The system is broken clearly.

I live in hope that it will get better and fairness will prevail. But I also believe that pigs might fly one day too.

Actually what he said wasn't stupid, and I think if you are going to use the 'war chest' then those players need to go to the bottom teams.

However....I'm not a fan of it. It's too open to abuse and discretion, which when it comes to Greenburg and Smith worries me a lot.

I think the warchest is about topping up contracts and not paying for the player. Any team would need to contribute marlket worth, or there abouts 800 k plus from there own funds and cap. From there on the nrl can top up the contracts . From there the player should take his pick at which contract he takes. The highest bids from clubland should only be eligible. The nrl should not dictate which club someone plays for unless they pay the full contract.

While i see ennis point he is a bit stupid. The nrl wants these players in the game as they raise the standard, are a marketing dream and they drive rugby league forward. To be honest you wont attract any player of this ilkif canberra and cronulla are the carrot

All the nrl can really do is make sure it really impacts the clubs cap as heavily as possible. Its as fair as you can get it

So they want to throw millions at $BW & Bargeass while kids in the bush walk away because the NRL won't stump up a few $K to bring a 1st grade game out there. No Real Leadership.

So they want to throw millions at $BW & Bargeass while kids in the bush walk away because the NRL won't stump up a few $K to bring a 1st grade game out there. No Real Leadership.
agreed mick.
Also insurance costs are crippling rugby league clubs in the bush.
How about throwing some fair dinkum $$$ into country rugby league so these clubs can survive.

Why is there a slush fund for mercenaries who just want coin rather than rewarding players who stay at a club for 10 years. The values that we cherished are under serious threat because of the current administration of the NRL.

No club should be forced to shed a player who wants to stay at the club because that club has several players in the same boat, goes right against the principles of building a team from scratch.

Michael Ennis is honestly retarded.

1. A team has to have the money in their cap available to sign a player.
2. He claims rewarding a strong team isn't fair, yet rewarding basket cases IS?
3. He's saying everyone is jumping up & down at Manly, because Manly has lost its two key halves. No, REALLY Mick you dimwit? What club wouldn't?
4. The NRL coaxed a player away from their Sydney club, to play for The Titans in DCE - what's the real difference there?

The bloke has had 10 too many knocks to the head. I can't believe he's getting air time.
Ennis is ****ty that he went to Cronulla thinking they were a top 8 side and that Flanagan was a good coach and Barba would find form and he was wrong on all counts.

Couldn't have happened to a better guy...

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6