Bunnies trial game at Redfern on Sunday

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

vidmar

Bencher
From MWSE.com.au

The Sea Eagles first trial match is to be played against the South Sydney Rabbitohs in a traditional clash at Redfern Oval on Sunday 7th February. This will coincide with the 40-year anniversary of the historic 1970 Grand Final between the two sides. The Rabbitohs team will feature new recruits Sam Burgess and David Taylor.

The All Stars match will start at 4:20pm featuring ex-players and celebrities with the main game kicking off at 6pm.

All 2010 Gold Sea Eagles Members will receive a ticket to this match as part of their membership - your tickets were posted to you this week.

A limited amount of tickets are now on sale to Sea Eagles Members only www.seaeagles.com.au/book, you must be a member to purchase a ticket and all orders will be checked.

-------------------------------------------------------------

There are still some tickets left and also seats on the supporters bus - see here for details and to book on-line

http://www.manlyseaeagles.com.au/event-booking.asp

vidmar link said:
From MWSE.com.au

The Sea Eagles first trial match is to be played against the South Sydney Rabbitohs in a traditional clash at Redfern Oval on Sunday 7th February. This will coincide with the 40-year anniversary of the historic 1970 Grand Final between the two sides. The Rabbitohs team will feature new recruits Sam Burgess and David Taylor.

The All Stars match will start at 4:20pm featuring ex-players and celebrities with the main game kicking off at 6pm.

All 2010 Gold Sea Eagles Members will receive a ticket to this match as part of their membership - your tickets were posted to you this week.

A limited amount of tickets are now on sale to Sea Eagles Members only www.seaeagles.com.au/book, you must be a member to purchase a ticket and all orders will be checked.

-------------------------------------------------------------

There are still some tickets left and also seats on the supporters bus - see here for details and to book on-line

http://www.manlyseaeagles.com.au/event-booking.asp

I'm looking forward to seeing how Taasi plays. Could be a handy prop (mobile at that) in the next year or two.

This will show the depth of our team imo. The score will be closer than some think. The Rabbits have had a huge turnover - so I don't expect them to be a Porsche yet.

Matabele link said:
I just hope we get out of facing their monsters without any injuries to prominent players.

I didn't think that we had any prominent players in the team?  Or did you mean Morewood?

tookey link said:
[quote author=Matabele link=topic=182359.msg250470#msg250470 date=1265021464]
I just hope we get out of facing their monsters without any injuries to prominent players.

I didn't think that we had any prominent players in the team?  Or did you mean Morewood?
[/quote] Oh my goodness, just had a look at the team list.  Morwood is the epitome of a bad smell that just won't go away.  Can't an electrical apprenticeship be found for him to put him out of his misery?

He has stepped up over the last few years and Morwood was the Coast's player of the year, winning the innaugral Norm Provan medal for the Sea Eagles in 2009. He had a terrific game in the GF up there and I was surprised at how well he did. It just highlights the jump to NRL standard, but he isn't the worst prop running around.

Matabele link said:
[quote author=tookey link=topic=182359.msg250475#msg250475 date=1265022187]
[quote author=Matabele link=topic=182359.msg250470#msg250470 date=1265021464]

[/quote] Oh my goodness, just had a look at the team list.  Morwood is the epitome of a bad smell that just won't go away.  Can't an electrical apprenticeship be found for him to put him out of his misery?
[/quote]

Mata, the eternal pessimist.

Just for interest sake I looked up the meaning of matabele:

Matabele definition Mata·bele (mat?? b??l?)

noun pl. Matabele -·be?le or Matabeles -·be?les

a member of a Zulu people driven out of the Transvaal and into Rhodesia by the Boers in 1837.

................................................................................................

Now I know why you are so negative. You think the Manly club is run by the Boers and want to run you out of town. lol

Ryan link said:
This will show the depth of our team imo. The score will be closer than some think. The Rabbits have had a huge turnover - so I don't expect them to be a Porsche yet.

Unless I've missed something the Rabbits haven't turned over a huge number of players. They have lost Wing and Fa'alogo and signed Taylor, Burgess and Ross. I can't imagine that it will take 3 front rowers too long to settle into tucking the ball under their arms and hitting the advantage line. Of course they have lost JT as coach, but you'd have to admit that this is a positive, anyway I wouldn't be surprised if Lang has been pulling the strings behind the scenes last season.

They should win comfortably against a second rate Manly line up.

The bunnies are certain top 8 this year. I'll be happy to take money off anyone who suggests otherwise.

Actually Ryan I remember you taking $20 off my hands a few years back. I'd be happy to take that back off you. (How drunk must I have been to lose a bet to you)

yeah well they have a real coach this year to for the first time in a while, so they might be half a chance to avoid their usual mid-season collapse. 

However they are one of the most injury prone clubs and so anything could happen if their forward pack goes down

The vermin look good on paper but you can never tell or trust them for that case if they are going to choke on their daily dose of pindone and be knocked out cold on all four paws come the business end of the season.

On paper they should be a top 8 side and maybe John Lange might just get them there with a bit of discipline.

Souths wont make the eight.  Their packs just to heavy to go the distance.  I predict teams will run them off their big legs. They willall blow hard after forty minutes.  Big Dave is a lazy trainer who'll go down with an injury about round 6 followed by the Big Pom in round 10.  Big Roy is well past his best and then there's Big Ross with a broken neck.  Then they'll be really stuffed.  How come you think they'll make the 8 and we won't Ryano.  Weird predictor.

They will make the 8. They got quality in the forward pack.. you cant write them off because of possible injuries.. what if their all fit?

Burgess is the ideal type for today's game. Going 26 weeks may the big ask but he has it all imo, right body shape, great ball skills, good step and speed. He is like Choc. There is nothing wrong with a big bruising pack but speed in defense is the question that lingers over the rest of them.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6