Bulldogs win $350K salary cap bonanza ...

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Woodsie

Feast yer eyes ..
Tipping Member
Got to love the footy Gods .... (not those false book or pagan ones of course) .....

Had Foran injured himself in the first game of the season .... given his History .... I would suggest even GreenTurd would have been unable to conjure up an arguement for any medical retirement ..... but through the wonders of loopholes ... the Bulldogs are in line for upto $350k in salary cap relief because he was injured playing in a rep game ....

Can't argue with ... those are the rules .... some days are just golden .... good luck to them ....

Yeah for 2 games, **** it grab every cent you can from these arseholes. Don't forget it might take more games to get them match fit because neither can train in the off season,

$1.2 plus say $600k ... divided by 52 and times 2 = approx $70,000 ..... yep .. why not ....

Still don't know if you can mount an arguement that they got injured in the game though ...

Got to love the footy Gods .... (not those false book or pagan ones of course) .....

Had Foran injured himself in the first game of the season .... given his History .... I would suggest even GreenTurd would have been unable to conjure up an arguement for any medical retirement ..... but through the wonders of loopholes ... the Bulldogs are in line for upto $350k in salary cap relief because he was injured playing in a rep game ....

Can't argue with ... those are the rules .... some days are just golden .... good luck to them ....

Yeah but.... they lose Foran and......

ok

nevermind

$1.2 plus say $600k ... divided by 52 and times 2 = approx $70,000 ..... yep .. why not ....

Still don't know if you can mount an arguement that they got injured in the game though ...
Rule requires injured player to be out for 12 weeks though :swear:

Ridiculous as the Clubs get nada from Rep revenue but pay the medical and rehab costs themselves :wondering:

Rule requires injured player to be out for 12 weeks though :swear:

Ridiculous as the Clubs get nada from Rep revenue but pay the medical and rehab costs themselves :wondering:
If that's the case even if Foran comes good before the 12 weeks, he can't play until the period has expired or forfeit the 350k

If that's the case even if Foran comes good before the 12 weeks, he can't play until the period has expired or forfeit the 350k
This is the grey area - player had to be ruled out for 12 prior to Club getting the Cap relief.

Jake etc shoulder ops could result in the same infection that Sambo developed. But Manly won't know till much later into their recovery.

Rule should be that Rep player's contract does not hit the Cap till they take the field in the NRL competition.

We had Walker out for months after his PM XIII leg injuries in 2017 and got nada :wondering:

Doesn't the cap get applied for the whole year, whether they are playing or not? Jake and AFB will be out for 4 months.... no training OR games. Therefore we are paying their salary for a third of a year where they can't 'work' for us.

We should ABSOLUTELY be applying for a discount for the full period

Doesn't the cap get applied for the whole year, whether they are playing or not? Jake and AFB will be out for 4 months.... no training OR games. Therefore we are paying their salary for a third of a year where they can't 'work' for us.

We should ABSOLUTELY be applying for a discount for the full period

Interesting point .... about not being able to train or perform contracted duties .... a case could be mounted ... however rule probably states number of games missed ....

... and @HappilyManly .... I still don't think a case for Jake and DCE being possible .... neither were injured during the game ... if they simply delayed pre planned maintenance surgery until after the game .... they would have no case to argue .... you would have to argue that an injury requiring surgery occurred during the game .... as in Foran's case ....

Interesting point .... about not being able to train or perform contracted duties .... a case could be mounted ... however rule probably states number of games missed ....

... and @HappilyManly .... I still don't think a case for Jake and DCE being possible .... neither were injured during the game ... if they simply delayed pre planned maintenance surgery until after the game .... they would have no case to argue .... you would have to argue that an injury requiring surgery occurred during the game .... as in Foran's case ....
I wasn't suggesting that the NRL would help Manly out, just noting the fact that it's another subjective area.

Fiz had that injury before and now he has reinjured the same weakened shoulder.

Look at Sambo's 'medical retirement' claim. His shoulder deteriorated rather than it being injured yet Greenturd can rubberstamp the claim :wondering:

As I noted before, allowing players to mask injuries with sustained use of pain killers is negligent.

The NRL are ignoring this and the players just able to compound their injuries to the point of medical retirement @:mad:

That first line “ almost” had me going , and then I read on, all good!!

Good work buddy, may the grace of ..........Rex Mossop........be with you!!!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4