Post-Game Discussion Bulldogs v Manly [Round 26, 2023]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Game Information

Bulldogs
Vs
Sea Eagles
24 Accor Stadium
27 Aug 2023 14:00
80:00 minute

Match Stats

The Dogs began well, had their big-money players on deck, last home game - but then turned to mush. Total mush! Something surely not well with that club, and whatever it is, long may it last.
Definitely something wrong. TPJ is 27. How often do you see a 27 year old "retire" the same year they get picked for Origin?

Forgot about the Kennel, How about this opening comment,

Well. So CC calls out the 5 guys walking after the Dogs bomb and Manly made the break up field. Then Burton is asked what he thought was behind the lack of effort like that and mumbled some waffle.

So I went back to the highlights to see who the five guys walking are. Probably the most notable was some clown wearing the #6.

You just cannot script this stuff.

Nice win. If some of those kicks bounced well we’d have blitzed them completely. A good debut match for Gordie.
Hope we can finish with a solid win for Jake’s 200th and then onto 2024.
Correct if a couple of the kicks stuck, it would have been 50+ to 12. I know "defence wins games" and "you attack with your defence" but if you can score a try that is another set or two you don't have to defend and your energy levels stay up.

Won't get that latitude against the better sides in attack but enough good passages to show that there is of course some serious talent when given some decent opportunities .
Played the game in the right spirit and in the circumstances would have to rank as still a pleasing type win
Sipps has definitely gone to another level this season , probably mainly fitness induced but would have to be rated ahead of Alioia on present indications Not surpassing Paseka but certainly going well .
Shame that Lodge will not be available for some time . Bully continuing his good form .
Not sure if Jacob Arthur can be the best back up half - 6 going forward , .
Another noticeable miss by Tuilagi , still a pretty fair player but really has to try to overcome that deficiency in defence
D C E , Koula and Saab just ooze class , add Turbo , Garrick and Brooks and a half decent winger and a very formidable backline on offer next season .
Hopefully another enterprising effort against the Tiggies latter in the week and for Jake "s 200 game accomplishment to finish the season on a good high

I still can't understand why they can't rule on a forward pass, after all it's against the rules to throw one so why can't they rule on it, just doesn't make sense
Especially the obvious ones like Sipley's, gota admit, it's always nice getting away with one, it's justice for all the other dud calls we cop.

Lol..it's like the doggies fans are like characters from a Mad Max movie, the ferals riding in souped up rebuilt vehicles. Yeah, there's no holds barred on the Kennel.
It's the best entertainment around, One eyed eels are great too but not as menacingly and threateningly bad as the kennel, they take hatred to a new level, lol

It's the best entertainment around, One eyed eels are great too but not as menacingly and threateningly bad as the kennel, they take hatred to a new level, lol
yeah they would be upset at the kennel. I was actually shocked with how bad the dogs were yesterday. We were almost just mucking around in the second half with DCE throwing crazy passes and kicks to Saab every 5 mins, allowing Gordie to kick a penalty and we beat them by 22 and we are coming 12th playing with a fourth choice fullback and ten players out !!

Imagine what a Panthers team could do to them. They had all their players back as well. There is something very wrong there. I think Gus has destroyed the place in the short term with the amount of coaching changes and team turnover. They seem to lack any identity or any confidence and players who have won comps and made grand finals like Kikau, TPJ, Mahoney and Burton just look like NSW Cup players in the dogs jersey. There is something very wrong over there.

yeah they would be upset at the kennel. I was actually shocked with how bad the dogs were yesterday. We were almost just mucking around in the second half with DCE throwing crazy passes and kicks to Saab every 5 mins, allowing Gordie to kick a penalty and we beat them by 22 and we are coming 12th playing with a fourth choice fullback and ten players out !!

Imagine what a Panthers team could do to them. They had all their players back as well. There is something very wrong there. I think Gus has destroyed the place in the short term with the amount of coaching changes and team turnover. They seem to lack any identity or any confidence and players who have won comps and made grand finals like Kikau, TPJ, Mahoney and Burton just look like NSW Cup players in the dogs jersey. There is something very wrong over there.
The jersey the dogs played in yesterday was equally as crap how they played. Shocker!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8