Bulldogs that bad OR???

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
First game of the year both sides were clunky in attack at times, both made mistakes, dogs more so, dogs are nowhere near a top 8 side, time will tell where we are at with eels, knights, panthers and storm to follow after the bye

The facts are the game was very close up till the time Flanagan got sin binned on a dubious bunker call.
We scored 2 tries when the dogs had 12 players. Game over.

Burton and Kikau were terrible. We scored two tries directly as a result of Addo Car mistakes

Their hooker was brilliant.

We did enough to win. That is all.

We will have to improve across the park to beat Parra in two weeks.
If we had their hooker ,we are going to GF guaranteed.

Great question
Fair question
What impressed me most .....
I thought Manly were very resilient and rugged defensively, to earn the tries they scored.
In fact expect Dogs to finish mid table, so if we bashed them up by that margin, is super impressive.
The main thing I love about footy, is players competing and winning what you call "dog wanting the bone" and Manly won that against a hungry Dogs team, so that is the best sign.
Much attack was a tad off like most 1st games, but the desire was there, as was the talent we have in 2023 to cash in, so I say we were very good, more than them being bad.
The obvious Dogs errors with kicks out on the full ect, were muchly due to Manly pressure of line speed and hard contact I have not seen from a Seaeagles team for some time.
Make no mistake- we are looking super and the team we played not a Top 4, but definitely a mid field contender and murdered them ruthlessly

Dont worry about the Bulldogs, they have recruited poorly, with the exception of the hooker, and they have more rubbish coming next year. They will finish bottom 4. They lost their heart and soul when the tapped Josh Jackson on the shoulder, then tried to buy it back by signing Josh Reynolds. Dumb-arses.

We are a work in progress with our best player a month or so off top from and our captain needs a few more hit outs too. All this and they were our best two players yesterday.

I have said on these boards for 5 or 6 years now we never hurt anyone in defence. I heard a report last year one of the side say they thought training was harder than playing Manly. Mark Carroll has to take a lot of kudos for our hitting yesterday.

I have said it before and will repeat it again, nice teams dont win comps, grubs do, and we need to get grubby.

I think so much depends on injuries, not just ours but for all teams. If we get a get a good run it will ensure a finals spot. I feel how far we go depend on the progress players like Koula, Schuster, Weeks, Bullemore, Fifita, Sipley and Tuilagi.

We know Tom, DCE, Jake, Garrick, Crocker, Parker and Haumole wont let us down. they give 100% almost without fail.

I hope we beat them stinking Eels.

Dont worry about the Bulldogs, they have recruited poorly, with the exception of the hooker, and they have more rubbish coming next year. They will finish bottom 4. They lost their heart and soul when the tapped Josh Jackson on the shoulder, then tried to buy it back by signing Josh Reynolds. Dumb-arses.

We are a work in progress with our best player a month or so off top from and our captain needs a few more hit outs too. All this and they were our best two players yesterday.

I have said on these boards for 5 or 6 years now we never hurt anyone in defence. I heard a report last year one of the side say they thought training was harder than playing Manly. Mark Carroll has to take a lot of kudos for our hitting yesterday.

I have said it before and will repeat it again, nice teams dont win comps, grubs do, and we need to get grubby.

I think so much depends on injuries, not just ours but for all teams. If we get a get a good run it will ensure a finals spot. I feel how far we go depend on the progress players like Koula, Schuster, Weeks, Bullemore, Fifita, Sipley and Tuilagi.

We know Tom, DCE, Jake, Garrick, Crocker, Parker and Haumole wont let us down. they give 100% almost without fail.

I hope we beat them stinking Eels.
Exactly, no doubt we were hurting them yesterday and I can’t remember the last time our team did that.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4