Bulldogs name rookies in side

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

DVS Matt

Bencher
Mitsubishi Electric Bulldogs coach Steve Folkes has again named a rookie to make his first grade debut for the Club this Saturday in the Dogs Telstra Stadium clash against the Sea Eagles. Youngster Cameron Phelps will start alongside Jamaal Lolesi in the centres.

Phelps has been a regular in Premier League after a very impressive Jersey Flegg season with the Bulldogs last year where he was chosen in the NSW U/19's.

Phelps replaces the injured Willie Tonga who is expected to miss at least 8 weeks of football having experienced a total rupture of the medial ligament in his right knee during the match against the Broncos last Sunday.

Folkes has retained young forward Dallas McIlwain who made his debut last round for the Dogs having been a late replacement for the injured Reni Maitua. McIlwain was start at lock with Tony Grimaldi moving into the second row.

In the first good news for the Bulldogs playing stocks in recent weeks Adam Perry returns after recovering from a calf injury that he suffered against the Wests Tigers back on 27 March, 05.

Perry will come off the bench with Brad Morrin,Chris Armit and Charlie Tonga.

ROUND 10:
Saturday 14 May, 2005
vs Manly Sea Eagles
Telstra Stadium
Kick-Off: 5.30pm
Referee: tba
TV: Fox Sports Live

1. Luke Patten
2. Hazem El Masri
3. Jamaal Lolesi
4. Cameron Phelps
5. Matt Utai
6. Braith Anasta
7. Brent Sherwin
8. Nate Myles
9. Corey Hughes
10. Roy Asotasi
11. Tony Grimaldi
12. Andrew Ryan
13. Dallas McIlwain

Interchange:
14. Brad Morrin
15. Adam Perry
16. Chris Armit
17. Charlie Tonga

No Ben Harris? Has he been granted his release?

****ty bench isn't it. Not that ours is much chop with the injuries we have.

have to be some hope on paper.closing down sherwin and anasta is the key.have we beaten the dogs since 97.i cant remember a win but i may be wrong.

I really want manly to win this one......I may be able to get to this game..............C'mon manly smash those scum bags!

There isn't much difference between the two teams. Almost an even bet but I just think the doggies have it in the backs (fullback excepted) for about 2 to 4 points game margin. Hope I am wrong of course.

They've certainly been hit pretty hard with injuries . That would be the weakest team they have fielded for 12 months.

It's time for the Eagles to step up & win this game.

IMO we have them in the pack, and probably the bench. Inexperience in the centres with Phelps is a help to us.

Will be a tough game, but if we don't win this, we are never going to beat the Dogs.

Thats a weak forward pack.

MB i put it to you that our backrow is slightly better than grimaldi, ryan and McIlwain

We should be favs on paper, but thats pre night game.

Im hoping our biys put that rumour to rest and the fluffy factor continues.

Even with our injuries, if we can't beat this side we will never beat them. Hang on I forgot it is a away night game. :eek:(

NEVER underestimate the Flufster factor!!! I should have taken that into account!
<span class='smallblacktext'>[ Edited Tue May 10 2005, 04:27PM ]</span>

I really want manly to win this one......I may be able to get to this game..............C'mon manly smash those scum bags!

Byso, let us know when there is a game your not fussed about whether manly winning or losing!!!! :lol:

suggest we dont start off with giving away 7 straight penalties again! there wing man kicks the odd goal, could be 14 nil down, three times marched ten for back chat is a new record for my footy watching carreer!

Did anyone hear what was said for the watmough one?

I watch the game last night and watmough didnt appear to move his lips, im guessing it was someone else.

ive been waiting all my life to see us get one over the dogs. Derby game for me really. All my mates are dogs fans and have been giving me **** for over 5-6 years now!

COME ON MANLY!

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4