Bulldogs fans condone bottle throwing

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
NSW Police: Media Reports Correction

Inquiries are continuing after a number of incidents following a football match at Sydney Olympic Park today (Friday 3 April 2015).
Reports a referee was hit by a bottle while leaving the field at Stadium Australia tonight are incorrect.
The match official was avoiding a bottle which had been thrown from the crowd when he slipped.
He was assisted to his feet and moved to the officials room.
A second official sustained a shoulder injury after falling. Inquiries are continuing to verify the circumstances leading up to the official being injured.
Two people were arrested for assault – one of these was for domestic violence offences.
In the second matter, a man is assisting with inquiries in relation to the alleged assault of another male. That person was taken to hospital further assessment.
Two people have been identified for allegedly throwing bottles and police will be taking legal action against them. Inquiries to identify others involved are continuing.
Four people were also ejected from the ground and two others were refused entry.
Canterbury Bulldogs along with the NRL officials are working towards banning these individuals from all NRL fixtures
As with all events NSW Police work with the NRL and involved clubs to ensure a safe venue where anti-social behaviour will not be tolerated.

https://www.facebook.com/nswpoliceforce/posts/10152906956611185?fref=nf

Hey dogs fans remember this game and the 2013 grand final!!

We were robbed in both games by refs calls but our fans showed class and were MANLY enough to realise that in sport sometimes you will be robbed by a bad call or 2 and you cop it on chin however bad!!

Lowest of the low act what your fans did today and you call yourselves the family club

I could not think of a better way to start Easter than to see u get beat like you did today brought a smile to my face and I know so many other manly fans!!

Last edited:
Lets gang up and smash the pricks next time the come to our house. That will teach 'em how to be civil.

Whilst I don't condone this behaviour (and neither does guzzler who once again is responding well in here)......the nrl's response should be to make the ref's competent so the build up of fan/player frustration doesn't again overflow.

Breaking a collar bone from slipping over.....these 'refs' really are precious.

Anyway, des has said it's not their go, asked the media to write nice things, and greenburg will issue nothing to the club (they must be up to a million in suspended fines by now) and ban the odd supporter or so.

Maybe because I drove 14 hours yesterday...but any outrage I would post on here about the actions towards these incompetent morons (refs) would seem a little forced.

Whilst I don't condone this behaviour (and neither does guzzler who once again is responding well in here)......the nrl's response should be to make the ref's competent so the build up of fan/player frustration doesn't again overflow.
Wrong. That is like saying a battered wife should learn to modify her behaviour so she doesn't provoke another beating.

News now reporting that a Dogs Fan pushed his own child over and the child sustained facial injuries :(
40K people managed to express their frustrations in a civil way, but a handfull are grabbing the headlines :cool:

Still believe that Grahame running up to the Ref and abusing him, is being overlooked inthis fiasco :mad:

The Scumdogs fans act like this after a round 5 match? Imagine what would have happened if it had been the Dogs who got screwed over by Steggles in the 2013 GF.

They seemed quite happy when Grub Reynolds got away with being metres offside during golden point in last years Semi against us. What should have been one of the easiest penalties to call and the Dogs benefited from referee incompetence. I also seem to recall them being quite happy to accept scoring a try on the 7th tackle in the 1995 GF against us.

But unlike yesterday, our fans didn't get violent over those things.

Greenturd will do everything he can to sweep as much of this under the rug. But I dare say that if it was Manly then he would move heaven and earth to make sure the club and the fans in question would face severe penalties.

And for mine, the Dogs stopped being the so-called 'Family club" the day Bullfrog died.

I believe they were screwed over by the refs. The first key nothing penalty lead to the two points to tie the game. Karma got Souths when they muffed fielding the kick-off. The nail in the coffin was the penalty on Graham for a charge down. The icing on the cake was the push of Morris on the short kick-off. All in all a top game from the refs.

However, this doesn't excuse the fans behaviour. There have been many a times when I wanted to grab many things at refs but have restrained myself. Not once have I contemplated beating my wife or pushing a child because of it. I guess as a Manly fan I've become accustomed to refs screwing my club. This is new for the dish-lickers. They must have forgot the brown paper bags for them this weekend!

Yeah how Reynolds got away with that last year was incredible in that semi. Should have been a penalty to us in front

Correct. The Grub was so far offside it wasn't funny. Even the touch judge called out to the ref that he was offside. But the ref ignored it like he was under strict orders to make sure the Dogs won the game. Regardless what game it was, minor round or finals, it should have been one of the easiest penalties to give in the whole of 2014. And being almost in front of the posts, a penalty in Golden Point would have won us the game as I couldn't see Killer missing the kick from only 15 metres out. Instead it was a major factor in ending our season.

Did our fans throw stuff at game officials because of it? Did Killer go up to the ref and carry on like a pork chop about it like Graham did yesterday? Did any other player carry on like Klemmer did? No, no and no again. Killer and the rest of the players (and Tooves) took it on the chin and got on with life. Our fans (including myself) vented our anger and frustration on social media and in forums such as Silvertails, but at no stage did we descend into violence.

Really, whether the refs stuffed up yesterday or not (and I believe they got it right with the penalty against Graham for his chargedown attempt), the way the Scumdogs players - led by their captain - reacted, and the way some of their so-called fans carried on was an absolute disgrace. But Greenturd will make sure the club at least gets the smallest penalty possible.

And fans of other clubs thought Manly got a free ride when Arko was the NSWRL and ARL boss .....

I used to grab a lift from Revesby to Bankstown station then a train to Belmore and walk to the ground. Watch the game and head home, late 80s early 90's. Not one ounce of trouble. Now 38 with 3 daughters I feel ashamed I can't take them to a game.

As much as it pains me to agree with Guzzler, he's right on this one.

I attended a lot of games at Belmore as a teenager. I had relatives that lived walking distance from the ground and took us younger teens with them. Some big crowds but never any trouble.

But the demographic in that area has changed markedly. And I'm going to say it because I don't need to be PC. The club has too many Lebanese supporters. And their way of dealing with disappointment like this is to resort to violence. Pure and simple. Not all. It would be unfair to say all. But enough. Enough to create a stereotype. And if anyone thinks it's going to change anytime soon, they're dreaming.

As soon as I saw the last few minutes of yesterday's game, I knew EXACTLY what was going to happen. Violence.

I think it was jeneagle who said take 4 points off them. Sounds good to me. When the team starts to suffer because of the actions of these fools, maybe we might get something more than rhetoric.

I feel sorry for you Guzzler. You seem like a decent enough bloke but man, you support a s***house club.

As much as it pains me to agree with Guzzler, he's right on this one.

I attended a lot of games at Belmore as a teenager. I had relatives that lived walking distance from the ground and took us younger teens with them. Some big crowds but never any trouble.

But the demographic in that area has changed markedly. And I'm going to say it because I don't need to be PC. The club has too many Lebanese supporters. And their way of dealing with disappointment like this is to resort to violence. Pure and simple. Not all. It would be unfair to say all. But enough. Enough to create a stereotype. And if anyone thinks it's going to change anytime soon, they're dreaming.

As soon as I saw the last few minutes of yesterday's game, I knew EXACTLY what was going to happen. Violence.

I think it was jeneagle who said take 4 points off them. Sounds good to me. When the team starts to suffer because of the actions of these fools, maybe we might get something more than rhetoric.

I feel sorry for you Guzzler. You seem like a decent enough bloke but man, you support a s***house club.
Mate, have to agree with you.........

Let's not forget that souths' Reynolds was significantly injured by the tackle. Clipping. Remember kosef tried it a few times and it got banned in 97.

Lol calling the ref,s corrupt ,it was a legit rule ! They all loved it when we got rorted in 2013 ,I'm gonna lap this all up ,putrid grubby club .

Josh Reynolds threw the kicking tee at adam reynolds while he was limping off ,their grubbiness starts on the field and continues off it aswell
This coming from a dimwit whose idea of a tackle is tripping not one but twice last season and then again in the first game of the round and figures he would milk a penalty by taking a dive.

Without trying to offend any on this forum or any other genuine footy supporters, my apologies in advance, the Dogs trouble making minority supporters had a Jew formerly running the club (and now avid supporter in Greenberg) and now have three Christians in CEO, Coach and Skipper!

But the demographic in that area has changed markedly. And I'm going to say it because I don't need to be PC. The club has too many Lebanese supporters. And their way of dealing with disappointment like this is to resort to violence.

Without trying to offend any on this forum or any other genuine footy supporters, my apologies in advance, the Dogs trouble making minority supporters had a Jew formerly running the club (and now avid supporter in Greenberg) and now have three Christians in CEO, Coach and Skipper!
Racial and religious stereotypes do nothing to solve the problem, they only promote xenophobic fear and hatred.

Thugs can be dinki-di home grown Aussies, does anyone here seriously doubt this?

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2