Buhrer

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
To be honest bird is a better player than buhrer. He's bigger, more aggressive, better defender, would make more meters and would be more dangerous in attack, but as a person buhrer is a much better person and respected. Im not that fussed if we lose jamie only concern bird is 32 but he hasn't slowed down greatly over the last few years and rarely gets injured. Off the field is a bit of a goose but on the field he still gives it 100%
I've never really see him be lazy and not interested unlike myles. Bird is very competitive

People under estimate Buhrer. Very much like Glenn Stewart, the under sized player, but his ability to slice a teams forwards out wide apart, and his ability to defend smartly, and his ability to chase through on kicks to score tries is second to none.

I'd take Buhrer over Bird any day of the week mate.

To be honest bird is a better player than buhrer. He's bigger, more aggressive, better defender, would make more meters and would be more dangerous in attack, but as a person buhrer is a much better person and respected. Im not that fussed if we lose jamie only concern bird is 32 but he hasn't slowed down greatly over the last few years and rarely gets injured. Off the field is a bit of a goose but on the field he still gives it 100%
I've never really see him be lazy and not interested unlike myles. Bird is very competitive
If Manly purchase Bird it is for his competitive in your face nature nothing more, to get the same kind of competitive aggressive juices to run through the team, to show some competitive leadership passion which the team lacks.

In saying that size wise Bird is not up there with the current back row explosive power of the Polynesians which i fear could be a wasted ineffective purchase. I also wouldn't say Bird will be more dangerous in attack other than a little more ballplaying at or through the line.

Buhrer has a nack of slipping through defenders even in tight situations and actually makes good metres per game, runs great lines and can rack up decent tackle counts. Conversely can be a little soft at times and not outwardly competitive to rub off on others even though i feel he has a competitive streak.

To come back from his injuries shows Buhrer is disciplined and motivated but also worrying if it happens again. Buhrer might lose the ability to slip through defenders along with his nice change of pace and running line change of direction.

I can see the reasons why the purchase of Bird makes sense but only if our forward stocks and size beefs up as a whole to feed off Birds competitive aggressive nature.

Last edited:
People under estimate Buhrer. Very much like Glenn Stewart, the under sized player, but his ability to slice a teams forwards out wide apart, and his ability to defend smartly, and his ability to chase through on kicks to score tries is second to none.

I'd take Buhrer over Bird any day of the week mate.
I admire your loyalty to Buhrer but here are the facts:
Buhrer NSW one game off the bench 2012
Bird NSW 2007- 2016 AUSTRALIA 2007- 2015
Bird may be a bird brain off the field at times but he is a more consistently dominating skillful durable and powerful player .

The ball playing ability of Bird is a rare one for the modern backrower and since 2014 when G Stewart left DCE has not been the same with his running or anything else. Birds ball playing ability may be the big draw in signing him to unlock DCE, with Green, Turbo, Parcell or Koroisau and likely Bird coming as well DCE probably has least pressure on him out of all halves and if he doesn't preform next season we will realise if we have been dudded badly.

Bird may be a bird brain off the field at times but he is a more consistently dominating skillful durable and powerful player .
@ 32 ?

If the purchase is purely for leadership, aggression and passion age is not a factor in my books.

If the purchase is to add an extra ball playing option to take the load off DCE i don't see the point in such a short term purchase, better off finding a younger version to grow into the role to make it long term like the progression of G.Stewart into the ball-playing ranks.

How old was BK when he joined us? Similar age I think.

It's shattering to think that Buhrer is being moved on but we need to have faith in our recruitment strategy
BK was 31 in 2005 when he joined us

Who cares about such facts when it comes to team makeup/composition, look at Nate's stats/facts made no difference performance wise to the team.

I see positives going both ways just depends on the makeup of the team but we do need more overall passion, competitiveness and aggression on the field that is for sure.

If the purchase is purely for leadership, aggression and passion age is not a factor in my books.

If the purchase is to add an extra ball playing option to take the load off DCE i don't see the point in such a short term purchase, better off finding a younger version to grow into the role to make it long term like the progression of G.Stewart into the ball-playing ranks.
What you are saying makes sense but I would rather have a ball playing player available then wait for years? before some one becomes available.
A bird in the hand is worth 2 in the bush .

Who cares about such facts when it comes to team makeup/composition, look at Nate's stats/facts made no difference performance wise to the team.

I see positives going both ways just depends on the makeup of the team but we do need more overall passion, competitiveness and aggression on the field that is for sure.
The facts are Bird is a more dominating player and he has proved this playing at the highest level

What you are saying makes sense but I would rather have a ball playing player available then wait for years? before some one becomes available.
A bird in the hand is worth 2 in the bush .
If the team is in rebuilding mode why seek a short term offering in that department---i understand if the rebuilding is basically complete and you need the finishing touches to purchase short term though.

The facts are Bird is a more dominating player and he has proved this playing at the highest level
What has he proved, all he did is participate at what most here are lead to believe is the highest quality level.

Might be the highest level but quality wise i see higher quality games in the NRL level over the years than anything that Origin or International level has ever offered.

If the team is in rebuilding mode why seek a short term offering in that department---i understand if the rebuilding is basically complete and you need the finishing touches to purchase short term though.
There is no forward on the market with Birds skills . Hopefully when Birds time is up there will be another similar skillful player for us to sign .

Why has it become an issue of Buhrer or Bird? Surely with the purchase of Cullin and Green we still have cap left?

Even without loyalty emotion, Buhrer's utility value in addition to his usual 2nd row services would have me keeping him in the squad.

But then again, I would be then telling Brown to seek another club.

PS I think since Jamie has put a few kg's on this year his performances in defence have been stronger.

What has he proved, all he did is participate at what most here are lead to believe is the highest quality level.

Might be the highest level but quality wise i see higher quality games in the NRL level over the years than anything that Origin or International level has ever offered.
What has he proved ? Bird does not have to prove anything to anyone . He has been consistently one of the most dominant ball playing players since his selection in rep games in 2007. We will agree to disagree :)

There is no forward on the market with Birds skills . Hopefully when Birds time is up there will be another similar skillful player for us to sign .
That makes no sense, basically continuously purchasing ball-playing forward talent like it is impossible to recruit or develop from within.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
10 8 2 81 18
10 7 3 70 16
10 7 3 69 16
11 7 4 59 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12
10 5 5 -56 12
11 5 5 30 11